GDT: Canucks vs Habs - 7:00PM PST, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Habs - 7:00PM PST, CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
I say they all get Wednesday night off and don't practice until Friday. That's 5 days off without seeing the ice.
Can we count tonight as a night off?
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Was anyone watching HNIC prior to the Canucks/Habs?

During the Ron and Don wrap up of the leaves and Senators games they took a minute to point out Ron Maclean's son ...
Brad Richards, and his incredible play where during a breakout. He had a winger ahead of the defence but couldn't get a pass through, so he intentionally iced it off of the end boards and the winger got their first. High praise for such an original idea. I can't believe no one has used that before. OMG Brad Richards is so great and original. A real game changer. Have I seen that before? No probably not ...

Speaking of the Sedin twins I am starting to get officially concerned about their lack of production. IMO ... Ever since Henrik took that shot in the foot/ankle they haven't been the same. Maybe Daniel is feeling it too because they have twin psychic abilities where they both suck at the same time. Either way only two games in seven days should be good for the team. They look like they need a rest.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

I live in the Calgary market and the Flames have a promotion on...

"Every game matters"

Well, I guess this doesn't apply to the Canucks, players. I know they are a lock for the playoffs, but what I find concerning is our core. Luongo, and the Sedins. Will they do "this shit" during the playoffs again? I thank our lucky stars we didn't trade Schneids. Cuz if Luongo sucks in the playoffs..he will be gone...really gone. Yes, I realize it just wasn't them, I just hope they have learned from last playoffs...and how to win the f'ning cup.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Calgary_Canuck wrote:I live in the Calgary market and the Flames have a promotion on...

"Every game matters"

Well, I guess this doesn't apply to the Canucks, players.
:lol:

The Flames are one of the worst teams in the league for 'mailing it in" and have been for the past 4 or 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't think the slashing of skill for shut Down hockey has been working all that well. Well AV, you've got your wish for more lunchbucket and less skill, but uh, I don't think it's working. Gonna be interesting when the playoffs come and the real shut downing of the Sedins begin, just where oh where will the offense come from? Sami Pahlsson? :rofl:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Canuck fans are morerons 8-) ...many elite teams have sucked before the playoffs begins, these games mean nothing, try getting yourself motivated for them....many of you have admitted yourselves that you are having a hard time getting into this season not only after being burnt out from last Spring...nothing matters but the post-season...these guys want revenge, they have something to prove...and nothing beginning with regular or ends in season...can't wait...so I don't have read this whiny crap that doesn't matter right now...

....Take Care...
Last edited by Arachnid on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

nothing like watching our fan base have a meltdown over nothing...you guys need to smoke some dope and mellow out...we are saving it all for the playoff run...only difference...this time we win it all!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:Canuck fans are morerons 8-) ...many elite teams have sucked before the playoffs begins, these games mean nothing, try getting yourself motivated for them....many of you have admitted yourselves that you are having a hard time getting into this season not only after being burnt out from last Spring...nothing matters but the post-season...these guys want revenge, they have something to prove...and nothing beginning with regular or ends in season...can't wait...so I don't have read this whiny crap that doesn't matter right now...

....Take Care...
So, they're just resting then? Taking it easy? Shit, why didn't anyone tell me. Shi-ite, how good are you, when you can just flick a switch and go from a team playing shitty hockey to a team that will demolish opponents come playoffs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Canuck fans are morerons 8-) ...many elite teams have sucked before the playoffs begins, these games mean nothing, try getting yourself motivated for them....many of you have admitted yourselves that you are having a hard time getting into this season not only after being burnt out from last Spring...nothing matters but the post-season...these guys want revenge, they have something to prove...and nothing beginning with regular or ends in season...can't wait...so I don't have read this whiny crap that doesn't matter right now...

....Take Care...
So, they're just resting then? Taking it easy? Shit, why didn't anyone tell me. Shi-ite, how good are you, when you can just flick a switch and go from a team playing shitty hockey to a team that will demolish opponents come playoffs.
Hmmmm Boston did it last year...Detroit won the cup doing it last time...les seeeeee....Anahiem, Edmonton...yep, all sucked the last month going into and getting to the finals...last year it was all about individual awards...even going so far as to putting Cory in the last game to get his name on a trophy...Dank got his, Ryan...it was supposed to be a dream 40th season and you know what?!

BLAM!

Reality in the form of Marchand hit them in their fucking balls and all reality bullshit came crashing down on them.
The word is out, clutch and grab, in your face, cheap shot hockey is back with a vengeance and MG made his team a little uglier is all and told them do your best this season and bide your time until you can prove yourself in the season the really matters...beating Montreal? Really? Do we have to get our panties in a knot? Ask yourself this...Are slumps going to last beyond the next 12 games.....?

You're a smart guy...and you are better than this Dude...ask yourself...what would Lebowski do?! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hamhuis all but confirmed that he has been going through the motions and just wants to playoffs to start today.

Did anyone else watch after hours last night? Scott Oake was brutal, he basically badgered Pacioretty the entire interview about his injury that happened last season, then he badgered Hamhuis about his finals injury that happened last season.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

....Take Care...
I agree. While it is never fun watching them lose - then again, I skipped the game and went to the bar, so it's not like I cared that much anyway - what happens in game 69 tells us nothing about what will happen in game 1 of the playoffs. It's not pc to say it, but actually yes, history shows that a switch does usually get turned on for the playoffs.

It was funny to read Gallagher today (he being the bedwetter in chief of the Van media) say that the Canucks losing in the first round is a very real possibility...no shit TG. It's a real possibility regardless of how they are playing now. This isn't the NBA, where the first round is a pro forma walk through. Then again, if the Canucks were on a 9 game win streak, TG would be lambasting AV for wearing out his players for meaningless reg season games.

I certainly hope they start playing better, but whether they stink the rest of the regular season or get on a roll it won't make a difference as to how I look at the playoffs...I'll be freaking nervous the whole way, from the drop of the first game's puck. Up until then, I am paying more attention to the 7-8 spot to see who might be the matchup. No use stressing until then...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well we didn’t shut em down.

GMMG shoulda got us s’more shutdown guys at the deadline.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tiger wrote: Looked like a game against the Habs in 1970-71.. But wait a minute.. I didn't see Bellevue or Cournyer out there..
I think I saw Geoffrion...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: We have no offence. So let me get this straight, we trade away a top offensive potential star in the making go to guy ready to replace Kesler AND the Sedins all at once and all we get back is a goon, a has been and a butt ugly skater. This team couldn't score if their life depended upon it and what does MG do? Fire MG, fire AV.

We play shut down hockey but we can't even do that. And that Howden kid is going to be something let me tell you.
Bikerdude is that you??

Wot are you doing at HW's house?? :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

RoyalDude wrote:

....Take Care...

They appeared to just flick a switch against Toronto, Detroit, St. Louis and Winnipeg in the last 3 weeks.