GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:Bikerdudes hate generally seems to be one of convenience though eh Spidey?

Something that allows him to play the roll of board contrarian.

Funny how that works.
WHAT??

It's CLAM RUSSELL who is the cuntarian!

BD is nothing like that.

WHAT??
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tiger wrote: +1 about time someone on this board made the very obvious call.. Tough game and the Twins make it tougher to win.. Same as last years playoffs..
Yes because they stunk for the entire playoffs right ???

Gesus Christ some people won't figure it out until they're gone.

Sure they had some struggles in the post season last year at times along with the rest of the team. That said if you can find a bigger bang for the buck in the league , I'm all ears.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: That said if you can find a bigger bang for the buck in the league , I'm all ears.
Yep, I bet you could get the Habs, Sabres or Rangers to trade Scott Gomez, Ville Leino or Wade Redden for one of the Sedins... :P
Of course Scott Gomez is a $7.5 mil player so we'd have to throw in Burrows or something. :roll:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: That said if you can find a bigger bang for the buck in the league , I'm all ears.
Yep, I bet you could get the Habs, Sabres or Rangers to trade Scott Gomez, Ville Leino or Wade Redden for one of the Sedins... :P
Of course Scott Gomez is a $7.5 mil player so we'd have to throw in Burrows or something. :roll:
Also, Luongo could be traded back to the Islanders for DiPietro. At least the Canucks could save a few coins. :roll:
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

mathonwy wrote:
damonberryman wrote:
In the latest edition of ESPN magazine there is a stat near the end of the mag that ranks King Henry in NY as number one, whatever this stat meant. I did not pay too much attention but it was done over a course of five years and had something to do with value to team. Guess who was number two? You got it. Our own Roberto.

ALL of them have shitty games. Lou has played very well and on a show on NHL tonight they said Lou would be Canada's goalie unless someone outplayed him or he crapped the bed like Marty did in Van. They all do it. No one is perfect and I have had a hate on for Lou after the SCF but the fact is the whole team was beaten up by the road to the Finals which was much tougher than Boston's.

There is something about a goalie in Van which invites being crapped on from a great height. Right now Lou is in the top ten with occasional forays into the top five. When He is on there is no one better. The guy is going to win us a cup. I look at him without the Vancouver "oh my god we're gonna fail, the sky is falling glasses on and realize we got a good one prone to weirdness but then goalies are famous for that. I do not know why Blaster is so upset over a regular season game. Even Kipper lets in softies. they all do but Lou does it less than most. Why do we not enjoy having a team as good as any in the world with a world class goalie? This will be true no matter the outcome this year.
Let me see if I can make it simple to get the points. I agree I tend to do some stream of conciousness but on the other hand I am not writing for publication. Let me try.
Lou good.
Blaster Bad.

I bought and drank gallons of the kool aid last year by expecting us to win and being offended when we lost. WTF is that about? Who promised us anything?
Sorry damon. I had to do it because I know you had some good points in there but I was getting cross eyed trying to find it.

I honestly don't understand why people (blaster) got so pissed off tonight. Luo had an off night against the slugs (a team that doesn't matter). Of course, one tends to forget about the shutout he pitched the game before against the Blues (a team that DOES matter). The first real bad first period of the season and suddenly the sky's falling. I think some of us haven't fully recovered from last Spring.

Welp, buckle up your seatbelts kiddys. It's going to be a bumpy ride (again).
Let me see if I can make it simple to get the points. I agree I tend to do some stream of conciousness but on the other hand I am not writing for publication. Let me try.
Lou good.
Blaster Bad.

Lou good.
Blaster Bad.
I hope this clears things up.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Just in case I will now include spaces.

Lou is good

Blaster is bad

Lou is good

Blaster is bad. (not bad in a personal bad. Just for the sense of the thread)

I hope this help s
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I could not resist
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...nice jab d b man but the guys are correct.

It is difficult to read a post that runs on with no paragraphs or breaks.

You are, of course, free to do what you like but it has been my experience that posts like those get passed over by many users due to that fact.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote:I could not reTsist
Toll ya......lol good job dbm
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sure they had some struggles in the post season last year at times along with the rest of the team. That said if you can find a bigger bang for the buck in the league , I'm all ears.
Sedins were great when they didnt have to play against one of the best shut down pairing in the game (Weber / Suter followed by Chara).

Yes they had a tough go during those match upp's but with out them someone else has to play those minutes.

Do you think anyone in this league is going to put up numbers while playing against Chara and shooting on a scorching hot Tim Thomas?

BTW Grabvoski just signed for 5.5 mil, maybee we would be better off with a guy like him :P
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It

is

all

in

fun