GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

Post by CFP! »

Corb wrote:The ice looks like garbage tonight.
The GM Place crew had a bitch of a time converting the rink after a matinee Grizzlies game.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Kassian puts hair on his linemates chests. Never seen Lappy hit that hard and often on the same shift.

Lappy is the new Wellwood. A man possessed!
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Kassian seems to have made LaPierre play bigger these two games and LaPIerre has the size to do so.

On Pahlsson...I actually like his game tonight. THey've had 2 or 3 shifts completely in the Blues zone. Lesser disciplined teams will give up goals even to Pahlsson in the same situation.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Our 4th line is fucking irritating as hell to play against.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:At what point can Steven Reinprecht be brought up without having to clear waivers ?
Beginning of post-season, I believe...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Another thing I like about Kassian... he seems to be able to be effective on all 4 lines.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

tantalum wrote:Kassian seems to have made LaPierre play bigger these two games and LaPIerre has the size to do so.

On Pahlsson...I actually like his game tonight. THey've had 2 or 3 shifts completely in the Blues zone. Lesser disciplined teams will give up goals even to Pahlsson in the same situation.
Kassian has plyed well again. He has good hockey sense, knows where to go and good wheels and hands for a big man.

I like Pahlsson too but he seems to have little to no offensive instincts. I will try to remain patient though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

mathonwy wrote:Our 4th line is fucking irritating as hell to play against.

A 4th line would have been nice in the playoffs last year. When Malhotra got injured it killed the 4th line. Now with Pahlsson, LaPierre, Malhotra and Reinprecht they can withstand an injury or two to the bottom 6 centers.

Pahlsson plays very high in the offensive zone...part of what makes him a good defensive player. He'll need to come in a few more feet to contribute to the offense

BUt in the defensive zone Pahlsson is always in the proper position it seems to me. Looking a lot faster this game than last as well.
Last edited by tantalum on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

wienerdog wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:At what point can Steven Reinprecht be brought up without having to clear waivers ?
Beginning of post-season, I believe...
Thanks mr weiner
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
tantalum wrote:Kassian seems to have made LaPierre play bigger these two games and LaPIerre has the size to do so.

Kassian has plyed well again. He has good hockey sense, knows where to go and good wheels and hands for a big man.

I like Pahlsson too but he seems to have little to no offensive instincts. I will try to remain patient though.
Patient for what?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Good post Blob, although to paraphrase a joke someone cracked on here we may not get enough man advantages for the second unit to matter.

People rag on Mason Raymond a lot during his dry spells which may or may not be fair, but tonight he is turning the puck over in the neutral zone - I've noticed a couple times already (missed the first half of the game) it's let the Blues turn the play around and set up shop again in the Canucks zone.

On Pahlsson, he seems to at least have enough skill to contribute to the cycle down low.. I don't know if AV expects much more than that out of his fourth line. I'm sure he'll try a few more combinations in the next ten games though.

I can't remember the last time we've had a player of Kassian's skill with the mean streak (and size) to match. I guess there is Bieksa on defense and the last forward would be... is there anyone since Bertuzzi?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Patient for what?
Patient to see any creativity out of Pahlsson. It's great that the line is awesome defensively but if he puts up zero offense moving forward into the playoffs, perhaps Lappy should get a look on the third line.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Have to remember as well that in addition to 2 goal Pahlsson you have 1 goal in 20 Hansen and 3 goals in 30 Higgins....
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Make that 4 goal in 30 Higgins (I'm making the number of games up but you get my drift).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

tantalum wrote:Have to remember as well that in addition to 2 goal Pahlsson you have 1 goal in 20 Hansen and 4 goals in 30 Higgins....

fyp ;)