GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

Post by donlever »

coco_canuck wrote:
Ah, relishing in shit kicking the Flames.

The rivalry has been far from compelling the past few years, but I still enjoy the shit out bitch-slapping the Oilers and Flames.
Truth.

I've sat through umpteen games that went the other way with all to many smug Flamers in the crowd.

One guy in a Flame jersey patted me on the shoulder one time after a loss (I remember Butcher taking a stupid penalty on Roberts late in the affair...but he did rock him good :lol: , you could hear the thwack of plastic when he hit him and the thwack of plastic when Gary hit the ice echoing through the Coliseum...pre fuking body armour days of course...resulting in a PP and a loss) and told me it never gets boring beating us.

:mad:

I've been waiting 25 years to see that dude again. Well, since '94 at least....

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote: One guy in a Flame jersey patted me on the shoulder one time after a loss (I remember Butcher taking a stupid penalty on Roberts late in the affair...but he did rock him good :lol: , you could hear the thwack of plastic when he hit him and the thwack of plastic when Gary hit the ice echoing through the Coliseum...pre fuking body armour days of course...resulting in a PP and a loss) and told me it never gets boring beating us.
:lol:

That's a great story, fucking Flames fames.

I've also never forgotten the swath of current Canucks fans who cheered for the Oilers and Flames when they were younger because they were winners, and are now die-hard Canucks fans.

The ugly under belly of Canucks fans is largely made up of a fickle lot.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

coco_canuck wrote:I've also never forgotten the swath of current Canucks fans who cheered for the Oilers and Flames when they were younger because they were winners, and are now die-hard Canucks fans.

The ugly under belly of Canucks fans is largely made up of a fickle lot.
Or the older fans that always cheered for the leaves and Habs back at the Coliseum.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote: Or the older fans that always cheered for the leaves and Habs back at the Coliseum.
I can't go to Leaf games.

How a group can be so obnoxiuous about a lousy team that has won squat since 1967 is beyond me.

I'd rather pocket $800 bucks off some crazy Torontonian (or local who follows them cause Daddy did) than sit around them.

Way better having my Leaf loving brother in law over for dinner and then watching at home.

:lol:

At least Hab fans have the decency to be cowtowed by the past 20 years.

Leaf fans?

Not so much....
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Now that Donnie's back, we're in page 2 of a St. Louis Blues GDT and its still 4.5 hours away from game time.

Where were ya a month ago!!!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:Now that Donnie's back, we're in page 2 of a St. Louis Blues GDT and its still 4.5 hours away from game time.

It's March, nothing was going to save January.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Now that Donnie's back, we're in page 2 of a St. Louis Blues GDT and its still 4.5 hours away from game time.

*sniff*

It was lonely here in January and all I had to keep me company were the rats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

H
mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:

*sniff*

It was lonely here in January and all I had to keep me company were the rats.
Go mags, kassian and sami p

And Yeah rats...: the rats.. like the gillis and the donald..8-)
Last edited by rats19 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I see the post cropping standards are about the same here.

:look:

Uhhh, bang them blues Kassassin...
DeLevering since 1999.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

donlever wrote:I see the bang ass...
What do you mean?
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

This will be my first chance to see the new guys in action so I'm pretty pumped about the game tonight.

I expect the Blues to take the Bruins approach to beating the Canucks. Our slumping power play might open up that window a little more. The twins have been relatively quiet of late and I would like to see more offence from that top line tonight.
Speaking of lines ... any word on the lineup for tonight? I know MAG is in but I was curious where Kassian will start and which one of Rome/Alberts are in.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mr.Miyagi wrote: Speaking of lines ... any word on the lineup for tonight? I know MAG is in but I was curious where Kassian will start and which one of Rome/Alberts are in.

22 33 14

21 17 7

20 26 36

27 40 THE KASSASSIN

EDDY SALO

HAMMER JUICE

ROME MAG
DeLevering since 1999.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

That has got to be the best bottom 6 GMMG has put together during his tenure here. On the other hand that bottom pairing has all the ingredients of a gong show, good luck Gragnani.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Benjo wrote:That has got to be the best bottom 6 GMMG has put together during his tenure here. On the other hand that bottom pairing has all the ingredients of a gong show, good luck Gragnani.
I've been wondering, would it be better to sacrifice the depth/quality of the bottom 3 forwards in order to have a solid bottom pairing on the blueline.....
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I hear a lot of the "change in philosophy" that Gillis and the canucks took on deadline day. It would be best if those people remembered the Backes offer sheet and what ended up being a poor Plan B in Bernier. Gillis has been looking for a top 6 power forward since he arrived.

ANyways, looking forward to the game. Hope someone says hi to Kelly for me.

Oh and....

I'm sure RD won't find it funny but wow if he was doing the Hartnell money to charity every time he falls, he could have built a hospital wing from the Phoenix game alone.