GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:56 pm

No GDT yet?

Canucks visit the City of (ex) Champions, look for the Sedins to have another big night. 8-)

I havn't heard, but I'm guessing Schneider tonight?
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Benjo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 pm

KevinsInGoal tweeted Schneids gets the start tonight, he's pretty reliable on goalie related matters.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby mathonwy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm predicting a loss.

Toronto one day, Edmonton the next day.

That's a hard travel.

Plus, there's bound to be a bit of a let down from beating the Laughs.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Benjo wrote:KevinsInGoal tweeted Schneids gets the start tonight, he's pretty reliable on goalie related matters.


It makes sense. This would be his 22nd game, then there are 3 more back-to-back sets, so he could get the Devils *(after Luongo vs Detroit) then 2 more starts from Hawks/Stars pair and Stars/Flames pair.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Meds » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 pm

The GDT's of late reflect the level of excitement that both the team and the fans have for the regular season. It's all about the playoffs now. This is definitely uncharted waters for Canucks fans.....following a team that is good enough to be coasting through the regular season as a top 3 team overall where it is really not worth getting up anymore unless it's for a Stanley Cup.

I expect this will be a close game, we always give the Oiler's life when we shouldn't, and we never seem to take them seriously until they've burned us a couple times.....and then it's a dog fight to eek out a couple of points. The only guy that ever shows up at the first puck drop for games against Edmonton is our goalie (either/or).
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Meds wrote:The GDT's of late reflect the level of excitement that both the team and the fans have for the regular season. It's all about the playoffs now. This is definitely uncharted waters for Canucks fans.....following a team that is good enough to be coasting through the regular season as a top 3 team overall where it is really not worth getting up anymore unless it's for a Stanley Cup.

I expect this will be a close game, we always give the Oiler's life when we shouldn't, and we never seem to take them seriously until they've burned us a couple times.....and then it's a dog fight to eek out a couple of points. The only guy that ever shows up at the first puck drop for games against Edmonton is our goalie (either/or).


it's a really weird situation, I can't remember a season where the rest of our division was so bad that only 1 team made the playoffs. (though Calgary's in now - barely)
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby dhabums » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm

mathonwy wrote:I'm predicting a loss.

Toronto one day, Edmonton the next day.

That's a hard travel.

Plus, there's bound to be a bit of a let down from beating the Laughs.


It's a one hour flight.


8-1 Canucks.
Last edited by dhabums on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby BladesofSteel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Weise in and Bitz out with more hip issues. :roll: Hopefully its just a maintenance day for Byron.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm

mathonwy wrote:I'm predicting a loss.

Toronto one day, Edmonton the next day.

That's a hard travel.

Plus, there's bound to be a bit of a let down from beating the Laughs.


LOL it's an hour and change in the air. These pricks don't wait in lines at the airport like we do. If that's an excuse that's pretty sad.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby mathonwy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:11 pm

mathonwy wrote:I'm predicting a loss.

Toronto one day, Edmonton the next day.

That's a hard travel.

Plus, there's bound to be a bit of a let down from beating the Laughs.

Or not..

:lol:

For some strange reason I thought the Saturday night game was in Toronto. Oops. :)
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:, look for the Sedins to have another big night. 8-)


7 minutes played, 2 points each. 8-)
Henrik now back up to 4th in the scoring race.
(Too bad there's no more games against the Laffs :D )
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby dhabums » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I have no idea what counts as kicking the puck in anymore.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Southern_Canuck » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Mike Murphy has determined that although there was no distinct kicking motion, there was still a kicking motion - or at least Malhotra once thought about kicking something - and therefore, no goal! And he adds that the Kings look like they'll make the playoffs this year, sweet.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby twyf » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm

some anonymous face in Toronto who isn't held accountable knows..
User avatar
twyf
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: New Brunswick

Re: GDT - Feb 19, 2012 Nucks @ Oilers 6PM SNET-PAC

Postby Cornuck » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm

dhabums wrote:I have no idea what counts as kicking the puck in anymore.


That's OK - nobody in Toronto does, either.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest