GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

Post by Benjo »

Should have just left the basketball floorboards in for this one and played rollerhockey instead, backyard rinks have better ice.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Luongo the thief.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Bold prediction: Canucks win shootout.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

My girlfriend came back into the room with less than a minute to play in the third period. When she asked how the game was going I said, "This is literally the worst game I have seen" (excuse the hyperbole). Right after Bieksa ties it. AND they win in shootout? Dirty victory! Still one of the worst games I've seen!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Good thing the team has a world class goalie ( or two ) that can steal a game for them!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I got a new name for David Booth. It's David 'Turn over the Puck to the Opposing Team' Booth. My god is this guy bad. As soon the squeeze comes down on the guy, space runs out, the puck 9 times out of 10 ends up in the other teams possession. He's got Steve Bernier brains this guy. He needs to take lessons from Mason Raymond on how not to panic with the puck, ie stick handle in a phone booth, maintaining puck possession, cause, well, isn't puck possession the name of the game?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

rockalt wrote:My girlfriend came back into the room with less than a minute to play in the third period. When she asked how the game was going I said, "This is literally the worst game I have seen" (excuse the hyperbole). Right after Bieksa ties it. AND they win in shootout? Dirty victory! Still one of the worst games I've seen!
Before the Bieksa goal I was thinking similar thoughts.

We had one nice offensive rush (near the end of the 3rd), where players supported each other & passed well, the entire game. Even it didn't result in a shot on goal. The game was scrambly, and lacked energy on our part.

There were a few nice individual efforts though.
Last edited by clem on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

First time this season where I left after the 2nd intermission.

Worse hockey I've seen this year.

From a macro perspective, Canucks absolutely have what it takes to get to the SCF again this year. If we can play THIS FUCKING BADLY for 3 games in a row and still get 5 out of 6 points, then the future looks bright.

Get outta dodge before the police come and rest up for Webber, Rinne and Preds.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

RoyalDude wrote:I got a new name for David Booth. It's David 'Turn over the Puck to the Opposing Team' Booth. My god is this guy bad. As soon the squeeze comes down on the guy, space runs out, the puck 9 times out of 10 ends up in the other teams possession. He's got Steve Bernier brains this guy. He needs to take lessons from Mason Raymond on how not to panic with the puck, ie stick handle in a phone booth, maintaining puck possession, cause, well, isn't puck possession the name of the game?
Errrr... hmmm..

Take lessons from Mason Raymond as in get angled into the boards, get stuck there by someone stronger than you and then turn the puck over?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I wonder if Luongo heard everyone on here criticizing his lack of playoff prowess...I cant ever remember him blanking all 3 shooters like that!
Wouldn't TJ Galiardi fit into the Canucks line up? The Avs' forechecked the Canucks better than any team I've seen all year. We absolutely didn't deserve anything out of today, let alone 2 points.
Oh well, grab the points and turn the page. The regular season is about having a short memory and putting games like this behind you.
If you need air...call it in
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'll always take the win, but squeezing out these totally undeserved points is not going to help this team break out of its really really bad habits of late. Somewhere along the line, they're going to get, and deserve, a good ass kicking, and it'll be medicine they need, just like Chicago thumping us the past two Octobers. There is something to great teams pulling out wins they don't deserve, but their play is cultivating such pathetic habits it's probably better they eat a loss or two as a reality check.

I will say I was impressed they won the shootout, no way I saw that coming.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Did that puck really come off the stanchion again to roll to Bieksa?

Felt like I was watching my son's bantam league. I had that same "this isn't going to be good" feeling. How this team manages to sneak away with points is beyond me. They only have so much time to begin to build their play again. I know it's a long season but there's an art to getting on a roll and I hope they have the ability to do it.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We need to tighten it up for sure...I will take 2 see what happens next
Someone please give me a bitz minute???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Interesting stat courtesy of TSN:
David Booth had an assist on the play for the Canucks, who improved to 10-1-2 this season when he records a point.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I wonder if Luongo heard everyone on here criticizing his lack of playoff prowess...I cant ever remember him blanking all 3 shooters like that!
You must have missed the game in Montreal.