GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT- Feb 4, 2012 at Colorado Avalanche

Post by Potatoe1 »

tantalum wrote: But hey RD needs to rag on something given gatlin' gun Grabner is on pace for 35 points or something.
On pace for 36 points with 5 more years at 3 mill per.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Booth is on pace for an overwhelming 15 goals 21 assists and 36 points and a minus 6. Fantastic numbers for a 4 point something million hockey player.
Those first 6 games with Florida kind of skew his stats a bit, ya think?

With the Canucks, his pace averages to a 25 goal, 57 point season. That's pretty good for a second line guy.

I don't know if you expected him to be a super-star at a discounted price or what. The guy is doing the things expected of him when he was brought in. He's using his speed, he's driving the net, and he's producing.

David Booth, Dustin Penner, Kaberle, Volchenkov, Lupul, Eriksson. Those are your 4.25M players. I dare say Booth isn't the worst on that list...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, I get it, the Ditzy Blonde Booth gets the massive mulligan around here just like Ballard. Funny, the Canuck board at Hockeysfuture is having a massive debate over Booth's hockey intelligence or lack thereof I should say, but here, we just run the gamut on drumming up excuses for the guys poor hockey intellect. The bottom line, the numbers don't equate, contract vs output, the same applies to Ballard. Our loss, Florida's gain. The fact that that we only had to give up two aging broke down bums in Samuelsson and Sturm doubled with the fact that the Panthers sweetened the pot by offering us a 3rd round pick tells you what Booth's true value is. He's a waste of money.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:OK, I get it, the Ditzy Blonde Booth gets the massive mulligan around here

He gets a mulligan for his performance in Florida (cus like who cares?), I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with his numbers as a canuck.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I like having booth...we are a better more spread out harder to defend team with him.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:The bottom line, the numbers don't equate, contract vs output, the same applies to Ballard. Our loss, Florida's gain. The fact that that we only had to give up two aging broke down bums in Samuelsson and Sturm doubled with the fact that the Panthers sweetened the pot by offering us a 3rd round pick tells you what Booth's true value is. He's a waste of money.
Hockey sense doesn't equate talent. A guy like Lucic is a borderline retard. He's still a talented hockey player. Booth is not going to be a Henrik Sedin or Cody Hodgson, but it doesn't mean he's Steve Bernier.

Booth is averaging .69 PPG as a Canuck. Hank averages 1.05 this season.

Hank (86 point season pace) gets paid about 71K per point.
Booth (57 point season pace with Canucks) gets paid about 75K per point.

We can all agree that the Sedin's are on two of the better contracts in the league. Wouldn't that put Booth's contract AT LEAST at market value in relation to his production this season?