GDT: Dogfish @ Killer Whales - 1PM - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Dogfish @ Killer Whales - 1PM - SNET

Post by Boston Canucker »

Wow Ballard. I was already thinking that he was having a good game, but man did he tune up Pavelski to drive home the point. Killer.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ballard would have destroy the guy in his last fight too if he didn't have his jersey over his head. Obviously guys don't realize he's a lefty.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I saw pavelski with 7pms so I scroll down on tsn mobile box score to see who he fought and low a behold..I am happy for ballard .....and me too
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nice goal by Kesler! :)

... but as I write this - how can they let Boyle stand there like that! :mad:

... and as I write that - Hodgson! Again! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Crazy finish - 4 mins to go.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Salmon, Jesus and Masonraymond with multiple point games.

Fantastic game by the team all things considered. REally need to get the PP rolling again.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Fakin noice mang....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

tantalum wrote:Salmon, Jesus and Masonraymond with multiple point games.

Fantastic game by the team all things considered. REally need to get the PP rolling again.
I think it'll be fine as soon as Salo replaces Burr on the point. Salmon is keeping the 2nd unit respectable.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Jason Botchford
Lots of players saying "Cody Cody" in locker room. Luongo shouts: "more ice time"
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Solid, regulation time win.

Deadly goal by Kes, solid effort from that line as they continue to develop chemistry. Raymonds best game in a while, Cody flubs early on the SHG, and makes amends with a couple goals including the GWG seconds after SJ scores. Sedins continue to struggle, with only Burr as the difference maker on the line.

Another good game by Luuu. Ballard/Rome both +2, Tanev didn't look out of place. KB3 is a southpaw... I repeat, southpaw.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Wow, what a fun game!

If every Canuck played like Higgins did on the first shift of the hockey game, the Canucks would never lose. I am very happy Gillis found a way to re-sign him - and at a very reasonable price...

That was a stunning fight by Ballard - sure Pavelski is not a fighter, but I haven't seen a lopsided Canuck win like that since Volpatti/Richardson... and before that Rypien/Prust, I think.

Hodgson is becoming the player we all probably hoped for after 2008/09 season and WJC - smart and creative with the puck, hardworking, and defensively responsible.

Ha - I thought Kesler would pass to Higgins for sure on the play that led to his goal, just to prove to AV that he was a playmaker...!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I think Ballard is fighting to show AV he has more to give, he seems really pissed these last 2 games.

CH - another nice game too bad they didn't put him on for the last minute to get his third goal but I guess a regulation win is more important.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Nice win, deserved. I'm just loving the way Cody is getting more confident. The kid is putting together a real nice rookie year so far. I also liked Tanev's game, except for the 3rd goal. I'd like to see him get more games even when Salo gets back. This is a kid who has played in the intensity of the WCF and Stanley Cup final after all. If he could become a regular and reliable top 6 guy this year, It could be better than a trade.

Anyway, real good win, all in a day's work. Now park it and take care of Edm before the break.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I like the idea that the third line is becoming a force of it's own...some thing that we didn't have last season...pretty hard to beat a 3 line team...or should be. Hodgson, Hansen and Raymond are taking their opportunity
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
That was a stunning fight by Ballard - sure Pavelski is not a fighter, but I haven't seen a lopsided Canuck win like that since Volpatti/Richardson... and before that Rypien/Prust, I think.

S_C
Um SC, he was fighting Joe Pavelski.

Please, do not compare him to Rypien or Volpatti
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau