GDT: Canucks vs Ducks (8pm - Saskie time!)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Ducks (8pm - Saskie time!)

Post by Jovocop »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Little AV is -3 tonight. I wonder how Big AV will spin that shit.

I wonder what would happen if Ballard had a game that poor?
Benched and scratched for the next few games... As for Little AV, he will still get the top-four minutes.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

After looking back on Canucks games this past week it looks like the mid-season doldrums are in full effect. Fortunately it's at the perfect time as the damage can be minimized by the easy schedule coming up which will allow the boys some rest and more importantly some practice. I bet it has been some time since the Canucks were able to actually schedule full practices. It's the little things that are killing this team right now so some practice is just what the doctor ordered. Hopefully some of the boys can get some therapy on some nagging injuries as well as I'm sure that hellish schedule has left some of them with more than a few aches and pains.

-I'm not sure how Bieksa has gotten a free pass so far in this thread. He had 6 minutes in penalties all a direct result from some of the laziest play possible by a top pairing defenseman.

-Booth had a solid return I love his speed and willingness to go to dirty areas.

-I'm getting tired of seeing these slap shot breakouts that ring around the boards followed by a tip into the zone with the fore checkers being to slow to pressure the defense, it just screams laziness to me. They are not breaking out as a 5 man unit with crisp sharp passes and it's killing their possession style game. Forwards are cheating out in the neutral zone and leaving the d to get pressured with no escape plan and it has become far to predictable. Thankfully there is nothing seriously wrong with their game right now that a little practice won't fix. As I said I think the gameplan has been lost piece by piece along this brutal schedule and they just need to tighten up on their X's and O's.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

PITB says Kesler was seen removing a knee brace after the game. As Kesler goes, so goes the team?

That was 11 games in 21 days from BC to California, back to BC, to Boston, to Florida, to STL and back to Vancouver. There's also been travel between every one of the last 6 games. That's what was up last night.

Vancouver has crossed the continent and 3 time zones 8 times this year. Compared to Boston's zero. The Bruins went as far as Phoenix once.

Get some rest. A test of where this team is really at is Saturday vs SJ. But a 1pm game?