GDT: Canucks @ Blues 5pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues 5pm PST

Postby mathonwy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The biggest difference between the Ballard we thought we were getting and the one we have is that he is asked to play his off side and he cannot do so as effectively as we need him to be able to. .

Everything you say was true last year and is true again this year.

The only difference is that Ehrhoff left and the coaching staff is forced to play Ballard.

I say forced because we all see if that if there is even a slight chance a rookie could be better (Sulzer), AV will play the rook ahead of Ballard.

What really confuses the fuck out of me right now is why GMMG didn't address this situation last summer. Maybe he was hoping for better things? We are now at the half way point of a season where nothing less than winning a SC is acceptable and Ballard is STILL an issue.

Ballard has to be moved ad there are no ifs, ands or buts about it.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues 5pm PST

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:51 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The biggest difference between the Ballard we thought we were getting and the one we have is that he is asked to play his off side and he cannot do so as effectively as we need him to be able to. .

Everything you say was true last year and is true again this year.

The only difference is that Ehrhoff left and the coaching staff is forced to play Ballard.

I say forced because we all see if that if there is even a slight chance a rookie could be better (Sulzer), AV will play the rook ahead of Ballard.

What really confuses the fuck out of me right now is why GMMG didn't address this situation last summer. Maybe he was hoping for better things? We are now at the half way point of a season where nothing less than winning a SC is acceptable and Ballard is STILL an issue.

Ballard has to be moved ad there are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

I think MG still believed in the Ballard he believed we were getting and wanted a fresh start for everyone. He knew all the shite that went down the year before and I guess he somehow figured this would be different. Ballard is not the first player to come here and struggle year one. Perhaps is was wishful thinking. I have seen some good games from Ballard, even several in a row then he makes a mistake and its like he is all the way back in the dog house, having to claw his way out. I just don't think he is as bad as some think but I do concede that at 4.2 we need much much more or his cap dollars are better spent elsewhere. Where I dunno.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum