GDT: Jan 9 - Canucks @ The Beach - 4:30PM - SNET Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Jan 9 - Canucks @ The Beach - 4:30PM - SNET Pac

Post by clem »

We've seen this Canuck team before. Will they wake up in time?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Was thinking of listening to rest of the game, but the 13-2 shots in the 2nd have made my decision easier. I'm guessing that they'll do the bare minimum to pull out a win in the last 5 minutes.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, we slept walked through that period. Good news is all we have to do is play one period and we can still win. Lets see if the leaders in the room can wake the team up and if we can play an inspired third.

There are some game you love to win, Boston, Detroit and some you hate to lose, LA and Florida.
The only HW the Canucks need
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Vigneault doesn't go to the all star game. The team was too dopey.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Too little too late - once again 40 minutes doesn't win it... :?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I hate it when they do this: I know the bruin game bla blah..still hate It.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I saw that Manny was 0-4 on face-offs in the 1st period. How'd he make out the rest of the game?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:I saw that Manny was 0-4 on face-offs in the 1st period. How'd he make out the rest of the game?

He got an assist on the only Canuck goal. Almost set up the tying goal too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I saw that Manny was 0-4 on face-offs in the 1st period. How'd he make out the rest of the game?

Almost set up the tying goal too.
There is no stat column for 'Almost'.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

He finished at 27% for the game - not enough to knock him out of the top 5 overall in the league. :(
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote:
He finished at 27% for the game - not enough to knock him out of the top 5 overall in the league. :(
Horrific numbers.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
Horrific numbers.
horrific post.

that said I hope Old Luggage Eyes will get a prick or two to play on the 4th line with Lappy and that Manny is a 13th or 14 th forward come playoff time. We could also use a prick (Gleason) on the ass end too but knowing MG he will probably think we can win with our PP.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob wrote: that said I hope Old Luggage Eyes will get a prick or two to play on the 4th line with Lappy and that Manny is a 13th or 14 th forward come playoff time. We could also use a prick (Gleason) on the ass end too but knowing MG he will probably think we can win with our PP.
I too think the bottom pairing needs to be upgraded. Alberts has taken a step sideways this season and hasn't shown to be any more than a 7th d-man on this club. While Sulzer hasn't played in weeks, what they could really use right now is another right handed shot as Ballard and Edler are sooo ineffective playing the right side. Perhaps its time to bring up Tanev.

I'd like to see a little more snarl and physicality out of the d-core come playoffs. I realize every pairing needs to be able to move the puck in transition and make smart plays on the point, but surely there's an upgrade out there better than Rome/Alberts/Ballard/Sulzer.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm not sure MG wants to blow cap room on bringing Tanev up when he has healthy bodies to play on D. Any time line on Salo?

The whole effort tonight was pretty poor by everyone. It was one of those sleeper games where we had no energy or intensity. Hopefully we will bounce back tomorrow and get the two points. It would be a shame to waste a great effort against Boston with two poor performances back to back.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

We could also use a prick (Gleason) on the ass end too but knowing MG he will probably think we can win with our PP.
I'm not really uptodate on Gleason, what sort of player is he ???
cheers