GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by griz »

Good on you for throwing Cody a bone Topper. That really was quite a shot wasn't it?

I disagree with you on Marchand though. I wouldn't want that fucking weasel on my team. Self defense? BS.

Have you guys been listening to the comments between the coaches? Some heated stuff. Alain being called hypocritical. As though other player's acts can justify Marchand's. More BS.

I still don't understand how Burrows soft ankle tap justifies all the crap he gets. How he can be called a dirty player is beyond me. Even more BS. A spear they call it? That was a tap and so it's okay to fly through the air with a super man punch in reaction?

Thornton should get a suspension for looking like an idiot.

I must admit though ... in a sea of Canuck Hate ... the Boston Hate is growing larger and larger ... there's been more support for the Canucks than I've seen in a long time.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

griz wrote: I still don't understand how Burrows soft ankle tap justifies all the crap he gets. How he can be called a dirty player is beyond me. Even more BS. A spear they call it? That was a tap and so it's okay to fly through the air with a super man punch in reaction?

Kind of amusing that Burrows has one of the worst reps in the league but has never been suspended.

Marchant on the other hand hasn't been in the league for 2 seasons and has 2 suspensions and a fine.

The Canucks as a group have played over 160 games in the past year and a half, and have 2 suspensions total (both BS IMO).

Anyway 5 games for Marchant, I just hope he clearly explains the difference between this cheap shot and a traditional hip check.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listercat wrote::P Dude, now you are changing your tune!

First it was Manny didn't stay with his check. Now its he lost the draw! Make up your mind FFS.

If KB or Hammer pick up Krecji he doesn't get a whiff of that puck. BTW look at a lot of the faceoffs in that game. The B's bend the face off interference rule to the breaking point. Seems to be a systemic thing.

If you want to give a player horns how about Alex Edler. Gave the puck away on the Peverley goal. Gave the puck away on a cute drop pass that resulted in a penalty shot. Cory saved his ass big time on that. Gave the puck away and took a penalty when he had lots of time to put it off the boards and out. This is a guy with huge potential but for the past month his head has been in the stratosphere. His +- is lower than KB3 and Hammer and they play against the other teams top players. When KB3 had a +- arounf -10 everyone was screaming about "casual Kev". Is there a different rating system for AE? Alex' defensive play has been brutal, he's not hitting and he is making some really bad decisions with the puck.
Listen Listerine and listen good. You started this post with this 'First it was Manny didn't stay with his check. Now its he lost the draw! Make up your mind FFS.' Please, do yourself a massive favor and go back and read my first post regarding the Manny fiasco on the Bruin's 3rd goal. The first thing I brought up were the face-offs, you should notice this early on in the post if you do your homework in which quite obviously for the whole wide world to see, that you don't. I said that I was wrong regarding his checking assignment, I made the proper revisions and adjustments but you continually side-step the issue regarding Manny losing two key faces off in a row, in which resulted in Krecji scoring, the man he lost those two face-offs to (salt to the wound). Anyhow, my whole point is, Manny is highly overrated when it comes to face-offs, plain and simple. This is suppose to be his bread and butter, he is our secret weapon in the face-off circle (apparently) so when it came to crunch time, ol Manuel there folded like a cheap tent.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listercat wrote: The B's bend the face off interference rule to the breaking point. Seems to be a systemic thing.
"Gold Jerry. Gold!"

Next thing we might be hearing is that the B's perform Black Magic on the opposing teams centres during warm-up.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Ya Dude I know what you wrote I did go to school !! Obviously, you have trouble with comprehension and you resort to other tactics.

So Manny lost the draw, twice. I got that. With regard to checking responsibilities you did not "revise" anything. What you said was you still didn't think it should all be on Hammer. Incidently I didn't say it was all Hammer's fault. What I said was neither he nor Bieksa picked up Krecji. You say I have reading problems?? If either of them picked up their assignment ( Krecji) we would not be having this discussion.

Cornuck, Pot and myself have all tried to explain to you that Manny is still in the top 5 in the league in FO% but according to you he's overrated and should be gotten rid of. No one wins every draw but Manny is consistently near the top of the league and he rarely gets to take offensive zone faceoffs. Do you remember how bad our PK was with Ryan Johnson and how much it improved since Manny came?

I know , I know, I must not confuse fact with your sense of reality.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: The league cancel of the Lucic was on the ice when the brouhaha began. The guy who could have been tossed was Lapierre. He came on the ice and was engaged in the scrum before Henrik left the ice.
Perhaps but, counting the players, someone also came on for Lucic.

And Lucic remained (or came back onto) the ice.

Not saying anyone should be or not-be suspended cuz I don't know, just sayin....
Topper wrote: Nice shot by the rookie, even better pass by Hamhuis for what turned out to be the winner.Haven't seen a shot like that since Jannik Hansen vs the Preds in late November. Stu Hackell at SI recently wrote an article saying the slapper down the wing was a play eliminated from today's NHL except in rare incidences of odd man rushes and fast PP transitions.

I am impressed that the coaching staff has identified and worked with Cody to correct some the weakness's in his game. We haven't seen much minor league dipsy doodle since Foligno nearly took his head off.

He has, as I pointed his need to do so, simplified his game. His shot past Tony Lydman and his most recent goal are testaments to that simplification.

In his home town, with his grade schoolmarm in attendance (Question-has S_C seen a harder piece of wood since the night Trev took him by the hand?) Silent 3 finally discovered the boards. Ironically, the game before in Ottawa, he attempted a hit along the boards, in front of an ice level camera, the contact had all the force of a 16 year old boy kissing his Grand Mother on the lips.

He still, as AV said in a recent interview on CDC video, plays sheltered minutes and often finds himself lost defensively or is caught leaving the zone early (Iggie bad habits, sans the talent). He is vulnerable on the road where AV does not have the last change and on the recent California road trip there were several attempt to exploit the matchup.
Yep Hodgson has a way to go and I as well am pleasantly surprised (like most folks here) with his progress this year.
Topper wrote: Marchand, I'd love to have this guy on my team, because I think he's young enough to clean up his act.
Okay y'lost me on that one big guy. :lol:

Aren't your Vancouver Canucks hated enough already??

Topper wrote: Good read this week that relates to that game and Burke's remorse
Yep, Marchand is Burkie's prototypical "rat".
Topper wrote: If deemed needed, another tough guy who can eat 8-10 minutes a night without being too much of an embarrassment - Brandon Prust. Would the Rgs part with him though?
The Great Strangelove has deemed more toughness needed. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Colour me satisfied that Marchand got 5 games from Marshal Shanahan, I was beginning to smell a rat when it came to dealing with the Bruins antics. The list of grievances that one could author going back to the Eastern Final and up to Saturday afternoon could be Conspicuously long. How does the Bruins play a penalty free game seven against Tampa? How does Marchand get to rag doll Sedin in front of the ref repeatedly, how does Thomas spear slash and hack with impunity for game after game including on Saturday when he stabs Malhotra who was in his crease but pushed there? How does Lucic run Miller needlessly with no supplementary punishment from the NHL?

None of these questions were answered by Marchands suspension, but at least its not one that gets added to the list. Hopefully Marchand little rat testicles have been neutered now in any games against the Canucks if he tries to slew foot or submarine a guy he will be gone and that forces him to play his skill game which is what everyone wants to see anyway..
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:Colour me satisfied that Marchand got 5 games from Marshal Shanahan
Well, I'm torn.

I hate the guy, but I have him on my fantasy team.... :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.