GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm gonna be watching this game with one eye closed and the other one peaking cause I think we are about to get shit-canned tomorrow Blobby McKenzie style like he did down in Lyndon Washington.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

First, no national network claimed this game, so it's the Bruins themselves that set the game for 10am. A slimy move knowing it's Vancouver coming directly from the Pacific time zone. They'll say it's because the Patriots might have been playing or there's some outdoor college games that night. But this is the organization that sent out two 80 year old men with shovels and rubber boots during the finals to clear the snow during tv timeouts, instead of the usual group of 10 people on skates, as a means to make the ice as desirable for the slower Bruins as possible. So are we surprised they're going to force Vancouver to awake a 6am to eat properly before a 10am start?

It will be hard to judge Vancouver's performance because of the 10 am start time. You would think adrenaline will help them alot more as it's not a 10am game in Raleigh, but they'll be behind the 8 ball for this game because of the shitty start time.

Second, I personally wanted Luongo to get the start, mainly to satisfy my own personal needs for revenge and excitement. However, despite what the lazy mainstream media would tell us, it is a team game and it's the Canucks who lost all 3 games in Boston last year, not Luongo. With that being said, Boston admits to feeding off emotion in the finals. The move to start Schnieder tomorrow definitely takes the wind out of the sails of the Bruins and their fans as the emotional aspect of Luongo in net is gone. I can just see the look on Will Hunting's face tonight when he heard Luongo is not playing. What is he going to do with that LOLuongo sign he spent 3 hours making?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Larry, I want to join your anti-Bruins group, but the NFL playoffs trump all. The LEAGUE was stupid for setting this game on a playoff weekend.

---

Slightly off topic again, what are the rules about rioting tomorrow? We are hitting a bar downtown early to get drunk, watch the game and beat the crap out Bruins fans if we lose. (video to follow of course). Will that be seen as a good thing or a bad thing by my fellow fans? I think this is a good decision to make on the happy, quiet drunk eve rather than tomorrow at 1230.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Happy hour starts early. Bring your Molotov cocktails.

The game's final score is irrelevant. :scowl:

PS - Remember to smile for the cameras.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

clem wrote:Happy hour starts early. Bring your Molotov cocktails.

The game's final score is irrelevant. :scowl:

PS - Remember to smile for the cameras.
No tagging!!!
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I'm thinking a 4 - 1 Canucks victory. The Bruins aren't playing the banged up Canucks of last year. They are playing a healthy Kesler, a healthy Henrik, a healthy D complete with Hamhuis, a superior 3rd line with Hodgson at center and Hansen on a streak. Higgins is playing well and they will have no answer for the blur that just flew by called Mason Raymond. We are faster and a hell of a lot more skilled than Boston overall so yeah Canucks 4 - 1. The only chance Boston has is if the after the whistle crap is allowed AGAIN by the refs and our guys get bogged down by it. Think back to how badly the Twins made Chara look. He was so slow that I was laughing and he reminded me of Dana Murzyn. They are a plodding team and the Canucks will make them look even slower than they are, simply by comparison.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Early game time is good for me, i'm going to watch this for sure and there's just one solution: either win this fuckin' game or kill Marchand and lose just 8 nothing, that we can say we're better than the Calgary Breed. :mrgreen:

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Just hoping that Kesler and company show up strong.. The Bruins will stop the Sedin line the same as they have every time we play them ( going back to last year when they came into our building in the regular season ). Just hoping our D and Ginger play a great game and we get scoring from 2nd and 3rd line..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Count me in the group that is glad to see AV use his back up in this game.

1. The Bruins would love a shot at Luongo so why give it to them?
2. If they win they didn't see our number one goalie, if we win, well we did it with our back up.
3. MG has repeatedly gone on record as saying that Cory Schneider is a valued member of his team, and any valued Member would expect to be in the line up in a road game in their home town. Playing Cory is good Kharma come contract time.
4. if it were reverse you just know we wouldn't get a shot at Tim Thomas...
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

anybody know who the reffs are this game? i wonder if they going to be the same ones from the finals.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'm heading off soon to a local Boston (Somerville to be exact) to watch the game. I'll probably wear my Kesler t-shirt. If I don't make it out alive, well, it's been nice knowing ya!

Also, I agree with AV's move on the starter. It tamps down the hype a bit. Boston fans are pumped for this one. I've been hearing about it all week.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Stay safe bcanucker....play hard boys....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

rats19 wrote:Stay safe bcanucker....play hard boys....
Did you find a TV? :thumbs:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

A healthy (and motivated) Canucks team vs. a healthy (and cocky) Bruins club. I'll take the Canucks any day.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Seventeen seconds in and they call an interference penalty away from the play. I guess this is the refs "taking control of the game."