GDT: Vancouver at Carolina, 4:00 PM, SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Vancouver at Carolina, 4:00 PM, SNET

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Feeding both basement dwellers in consecutive games isn't going to do much for team confidence I reckon.

Time to sort out our shit and get focused again.

Raymond was a force all night. Best Canuck by a mile
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

*LOL* Balltard!

RoyalDude wrote:Raymond has amazing skill, unfortunately though, Balltard has never heard of a one timer. Would have been highlight of the night
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Fucking bullshit officiating. Bryan Allen flies in from the blueline and starts a line brawl and Malhotra gets the extra 2...larose starts in on Burrows in front of ward and its offsetting penalties....missed slash on Burr...missed highstick on Kesler...missed interference on 2 of the Canes goals.

-team is not leaving zone as a 5 man unit lots of long bomb passes by the d because noones around.

-Raymond was flat out flying tonight

Godawful officiating
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, watching Big Bad Bryan Allen tonite, wish we had him patrolling our blueline. I'd take him over Baltard. :P
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Raymond has quite simply been consistently excellent since his first shift back. A nice player that really fits the team. You can tell he was playing hurt most of last year. How he is playing so far is the step people were expecting him to take ast year but his health simply didn't allow him to play this way. nice game from him once again.

On that 4-on-4 Hodgson set up Edler for the tip and Edler couldn't convert and then right after Raymond sets Ballard up for the empty net. I don't even mind that Ballard didn't shoot it right away because when he did shoot it Ward was already done doing what he could possibly do. Ballard somehow mananged to hit the 6 inch range that would result in a save. Frustrating to be sure. HOWEVER, Ballard has certainly picked up his play and it shows because AV has taken the reins off. Ballard is now able to pinch down low like he did on that play and a few others. That wasn't happening before and with AV behind the bench that part of a D-mans game is a trust thing with him.

Officiating was terrible. Obvious pick by Staal on the one Cane goal. Burrows gets a penalty for a minor slash and HUGE Cane dive meanwhile burrows has his finger cut open from a slash. Then the ref makes a weak call on the Canes to even things up while they are on the PP. There weas also a missed offside or two. Just a terrible example of officiating. The NHL needs to dump a huge amount of cash into official development because quite simply the officials have not developed nearly as fast as the players and game have.

yeah it sucks they lost but they just finished winning what 10 of 11 and now have points in 11 of 13 or something (10 wins of course). Hardly the end of the world. And sometime in the next week and every week after a bad team will beat a good team or two.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Boy, watching Big Bad Bryan Allen tonite, wish we had him patrolling our blueline. I'd take him over Baltard. :P
Yeah that Allen he's a real beast. :roll: Basically a modern day Dana Murzyn.

I had no idea Rome was that crappy of a fighter. Nathan Horton is going hammer the piss out of him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Boy, watching Big Bad Bryan Allen tonite, wish we had him patrolling our blueline. I'd take him over Baltard. :P

I had no idea Rome was that crappy of a fighter. Nathan Horton is going hammer the piss out of him.
Allen is as fast as Alberts. :lol: Rome is a better fighter than what he showed last night.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Rome is a better fighter than what he showed last night.
um, no he ain't.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote: I don't even mind that Ballard didn't shoot it right away because when he did shoot it Ward was already done doing what he could possibly do. Ballard somehow mananged to hit the 6 inch range that would result in a save.
This is going completely over my head here tantalum. It was a sure goal if Balltard one timed it, but he had to get all old lady about it. I actually think this was way worse than Tanner Glass' fan at the open net in the playoffs last year.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RoyalDude wrote:
tantalum wrote: I don't even mind that Ballard didn't shoot it right away because when he did shoot it Ward was already done doing what he could possibly do. Ballard somehow mananged to hit the 6 inch range that would result in a save.
This is going completely over my head here tantalum. It was a sure goal if Balltard one timed it, but he had to get all old lady about it. I actually think this was way worse than Tanner Glass' fan at the open net in the playoffs last year.
You're correct of course that a one timed shot is in. No doubt.

This is my recollection of the play and what I was trying to say:

By the time Ballard had shot Ward was completely laid out and stretched out. He was where he was ever going to be. He had nothing left to give on the play. Just an arm stretched across half the net (and not even reaching the near post where Ballard was. Somehow Ballard managed to hit that arm/trapper that was "covering" a 2' x 4' slice of net.

It's pretty much the equivalent of hitting the post or missing the net during warm up when standing 2 feet in front of the net. Sure it's something I'd do because I suck, but no NHLer should miss it. That said, even the best miss those at times. I really try to look at the bright side and realize that the last handful of games Ballard looks like he knows where to go and when to pinch. It might be as simple as Ballard being caught by surprise along with everybody else on the ice, arena and watching at home that Raymond made that play and pass. Raymond showed some serious skill on that play. In his first 5 or 6 games this year Raymond has shown more flash and poise total than he did for 75% of last year.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

He shot it after taking his time ...right Into his glove...inch or 2 in any direction its in..it happens.
That's why good goalies never give up on a play.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

um, no he ain't.
Actually Rome is recovering from a broken hand or something like that.

So ... YES he is.