GDT: Vancouver vs Colorado, 7:00 PM, SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Vancouver vs Colorado, 7:00 PM, SNET

Post by clem »

Per wrote: Luo is holding the fort, keeping us in a game that we don't deserve to be in, gets run and is hurt, Schneider replaces him and continues the lockdown, the two Jennings winners combining for a shutout.
I saw Luongo get hurt by a deflected puck, but must have missed the Luongo run.

Who did the dastardly deed? ;)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Per wrote:Oh, come on for Chrissake! :mad:

The Canucks play a sucky game and still beat the Avalanche 6-0!

Booth gets injured from a predatory nasty tackle!

Luo is holding the fort, keeping us in a game that we don't deserve to be in, gets run and is hurt, Schneider replaces him and continues the lockdown, the two Jennings winners combining for a shutout.

Daniel Sedin scores a freaking hat trick.

Hansen, I'm not making this up, a Dane, scores two goals!

Most people agree that Ballard plays a good game.

And all you can muster is two pages?

Seriously, folks! Sheesh! :scowl:
Hey man, this ain't the old Central ya know. The Corner regulars already hate those douchebags for coming over and ruining their peaceful discussion style so they're staying away in droves! ;)

Butt seriously... there's not much that the most arrogant fans can say when the most arrogant team so arrogantly beats up on a divisional rival that completely dominated them. Ho hum, another win. Too arrogant to even rub it in.

What?! A Dane scored two goals?!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

clem wrote:
Per wrote: Luo is holding the fort, keeping us in a game that we don't deserve to be in, gets run and is hurt, Schneider replaces him and continues the lockdown, the two Jennings winners combining for a shutout.
I saw Luongo get hurt by a deflected puck, but must have missed the Luongo run.

Who did the dastardly deed? ;)
Oops, my bad! :oops:

I knew that. Should probably sleep more before I post.

But then the threads would get even shorter, so I guess it's a no win situation, eh? :wink:

Or, wait! He got run by the puck! Yeah, thar's what I meant! :?
Last edited by Per on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hank wrote:
Per wrote: Hansen, I'm not making this up, a Dane, scores two goals!
What?! A Dane scored two goals?!
Yup. Can't believe that that has ever happened before.
Not in the NHL at least... :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

2 days later and I'm still not sure what I saw Tuesday night :lol:

-A different team likely would have lost. The Canucks were severely out chanced and out hustled through the first 2 periods. If another team's starter went down in the middle of an effort like that they likely would have lost. It's games like that that make me want to hang on to Schneider until the draft.

-That was a beauty of a hat trick by Daniel but the crazy part is he had an even better one in that game against Calgary where Henrik gave him the no look between the legs tip pass

-I saw 0 lunging snow angels by Luongo which made me optimistic that despite not starting much lately he is rounding in to form

-If Hansen can keep this up we have the depth scoring we've been looking for

-4-6 weeks on Booth is better than it could have been but longer than I was hoping for

-I still don't get how Colorado buried 0 of their chances

-Good on Bieksa for "picking his spots' and not annihilating an 18 year old

-Varlamov was awful still can't believe Washington got a high first round pick for him

-Even if they throw the book at Porter who cares? He's a nobody hiding behind his full cage helmet.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Benjo wrote:2 days later and I'm still not sure what I saw Tuesday night :lol:

-A different team likely would have lost. The Canucks were severely out chanced and out hustled through the first 2 periods. If another team's starter went down in the middle of an effort like that they likely would have lost. It's games like that that make me want to hang on to Schneider until the draft.
Chances mean nothing unless you can bury them...
Benjo wrote: -I still don't get how Colorado buried 0 of their chances
The ex-Canucks killer is a nobody with Forsberg or Sakic setting him up... :lol:
Benjo wrote: -Good on Bieksa for "picking his spots' and not annihilating an 18 year old
I was thinking that Landeskog might not be well liked by his teammates. Else, he should have been told to stay away from Bieksa.
Benjo wrote: -Varlamov was awful still can't believe Washington got a high first round pick for him
I am glad that Sherman does not work for the Canucks...
Benjo wrote: -Even if they throw the book at Porter who cares? He's a nobody hiding behind his full cage helmet.
Exactly what I am thinking.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Benjo wrote: -Even if they throw the book at Porter who cares? He's a nobody hiding behind his full cage helmet.
To be fair, IINM, Porter's wearing the full-cage due to an injury, not by choice. In fact, I read somewhere that his teammates stated that he was complaining that it threw him way off his game.

I'm as pissed as the next guy about the injury to Booth, but it really does seem that Porter just committed a stupid no-think foul, as opposed to a dirty Marchment-like crime.

He is, by all accounts, not a dirty player. Those were his 1st penalty minutes all season, and he was very contrite in interviews following the game.

Meh, he got a four game suspension. Sounds about right. Shit happens. Porter's just a dumbass, not a Brad Marchand.

I was more pissed at Sacco for his idiotic talk after the game, than I was at Porter.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like the future outlook of Colorado but whoever made those last 2 stupid trades, the 1st for Varlamov and the Shattenkirk/Stewart for Eric Johnson should be shot.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I can't believe the Caps are likely going to get a shot at the first overall pick because of the Varlamov deal.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

tantalum wrote:I can't believe the Caps are likely going to get a shot at the first overall pick because of the Varlamov deal.
Makes one wonder which team we could get a first round pick out of for Schneids...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

tantalum wrote:I can't believe the Caps are likely going to get a shot at the first overall pick because of the Varlamov deal.

Ya but would we have gotten a lottery pick if we traded them Cory? Me thinks not. A 1st rounder yes but I think with a better goalie they would not be in contention for a lottery pick.
The only HW the Canucks need