GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

Post by BCExpat »

Tonight, you'll see a much different Calgary D. It's younger, quicker, and gets into the play in the offensive zone much more than previous versions of the Flames D. They will be missing Gio, but still, as a group, they have played very well over the last 5 games. Watch TJ Brodie - as a Flames fan, he's a lot of fun to watch. He's got a lot of Hockey IQ, he's quick, mobile, good in his own end and offensive minded in the opponent's end. Kipper is also playing at the top of his game. Offensively, Stempniak and Jokinen have been playing very well. Borque woke up against the Oilers last night and finally had a good game. Other than that, it's still the same old Flames. This is the 2nd game in two nights and the flames are anything but consistant (or good for that matter).

The key tonight is going to be the penalties. The Flames have improved their PK, but they have to say out of the box against the Canucks. The Canucks just kill them on their PP.

I think Lou has something to prove tonight, and I expect him to be on top of his game.

It's hard to get a good read on either of these teams as neither team has been consistant. I think the Canucks will come out on top, again (ho-hum :drink: :look: ).
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

Post by Tciso »

With Volpatti out for the season, and no one called up, what are the lines? Who's MayRay's linemates tonight?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

4-1 Canucks with the Flame's goal coming with 3 seconds left.

Everybody will be watching for Raymond to avoid contact tonight

Sedin's with 30 points each tonight

No more injuries please.

I hope Ballard Vokouns Roberto if he does the snow angel routine.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Benjo wrote:
Sedin's with 30 points each tonight
Yes please! :)

That'd wonders for my yahoo fantasy matchup. I'd also like two of Henrik's goals to be short handed, and that he scores the game winning goal, or preferrably two of those as well, but I guess that may be hard. :|

So, is Lou starting tonight?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

According to TSN, Lou is starting tonight. And Per - if any Swede get 30 points tonight, I hope it's Backlund 8-) - But don't worry, there is no chance of that happening.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Tciso wrote:With Volpatti out for the season, and no one called up, what are the lines? Who's MayRay's linemates tonight?

Apparently Raymond will slot into the 3rd line with CoHo and Hansen. That would leave Malholtra on the 4th line ... where he belongs based on his play this year. The only concern with this lineup is the lack of grit .... pretty soft.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lit up once again. It's 6:42 here in Playa. GOing to grab some grub .... will try to watch some of the game later.

Hey Pac B you would love this place.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

BCExpat wrote:According to TSN, Lou is starting tonight. And Per - if any Swede get 30 points tonight, I hope it's Backlund 8-) - But don't worry, there is no chance of that happening.
30 in a season should be the goal.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

BCExpat wrote:Tonight, you'll see a much different Calgary D. It's younger, quicker, and gets into the play in the offensive zone much more than previous versions of the Flames D. They will be missing Gio, but still, as a group, they have played very well over the last 5 games. Watch TJ Brodie - as a Flames fan, he's a lot of fun to watch. He's got a lot of Hockey IQ, he's quick, mobile, good in his own end and offensive minded in the opponent's end.

Thats great Expat, the type of defense you describe is the type you need to win games now.

The quality of your defensive group may be full of question marks but the style is right which is a good sign that Feaster has a clue.
Last edited by Potatoe1 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

For me, the biggest thing about the 1st period, was the Flames managing to kill a 5 on 3.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Decent first period.

- Canucks dominate possession with the 2 man advantage early, but too many shots are wide of the net, and Edler is having an off night handling the puck - missed it twice at the point.
- Calgary gains momentum with tenacious play from Bourque, Jokinen, and Comeau
- Luongo makes key saves off Jokinen on a breakaway, and Bouwmeester in the slot.
- Bieksa plays the 2 on 1 well, preventing a pass to Iginla, and Luongo sticks with Glencross for a good save.
- Bad goal from behind the goal line.

Didn't notice much from the Sedins, where is the urgency? Sure, after Calgary scored they seemed to expend a little more effort, but Calgary is ripe for the picking, and they are playing flat. Booth lost the puck off his stick twice causing change of possession - although Booth also did some strong work around the net to keep possession.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Sportsnet West panel= Somewhere in LA Gretzkys sitting on a couch saying if Luongo played goal when I was in the NHL I would've scored 20 more a season.

My god we need to get rid of this tool. The rest of the league is laughing at us...
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Full marks to the Canucks in the second period. The dominated the Flames and deserve to be leading.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Canucks come out raring to go, and outshoot the Flames 15-4 in the 2nd.

What a play by Booth to create the 2nd goal!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Goodnight Irene for the Flames.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked