GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Flames; SNET P and SNET W; 6:00 pm PST

Post by Hockey Widow »

tantalum wrote:Really find it hard to believe some of the things that were written at Bountiful last night. But it's canuck fans that lack class. Sure whatever.
It's the same old garbage. We got the benefit of penalty calls and that cost them. YA right.

We dove all night. Show me one.

We are goons and Booth is the worst.

Booth should have been taken out for his dirty play and left the ice bleeding and with another concussion is a new one only because Booth is new.

The constant crap about goons and divers is so old. I said it last night and I'll say it again. I absolutely loved Booth's play to the net. He simply does not strike me as the type of player that intentionally ran a goalie. He went hard to the net and was angled off by the defender and ran into the goaltender. When he knew he was going to collide with Kipper he did not attempt to get out of the way and was penalized appropriately for it. I love that we have a player willing to do that, go hard to the net and if that means we hit the goalie once in a while then I'm glad for that too because I am sick of Luongo getting hit every game with no reaction from the refs, mostly. Last night they called Iginla which shocked me.

But Cowpuke is so lame and immature it cycles from being funny to sad.
The only HW the Canucks need
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: absolutely loved Booth's play to the net. He simply does not strike me as the type of player that intentionally ran a goalie. He went hard to the net and was angled off by the defender and ran into the goaltender. When he knew he was going to collide with Kipper he did not attempt to get out of the way and was penalized appropriately for it. I love that we have a player willing to do that, go hard to the net and if that means we hit the goalie once in a while then I'm glad for that too because I am sick of Luongo getting hit every game with no reaction from the refs, mostly. Last night they called Iginla which shocked me.

Yeah running the leagues top goaltenders has become fashionable again thanks to Lucic,TooToo and especially Shannahan.So why not take em out
dchrist2
AHL Prospect

Post by dchrist2 »

The best part is no team would dare return the favour and risk taking Luongo out of the game!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote: But Cowpuke is so lame and immature it cycles from being funny to sad.

Considering the Flames have been past round 1 ONE time since 1990, I think that most of their reactions, no matter how stupid, are explainable. They'll always have 1989.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

dhabums wrote:Considering the Flames have been past round 1 ONE time since 1990, I think that most of their reactions, no matter how stupid, are explainable. They'll always have 1989.
Holy shit, is this true? Only once out of the first round in 21 years?

That is one hell of a drought.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dchrist2 wrote:The best part is no team would dare return the favour and risk taking Luongo out of the game!
Hahaha!
If you need air...call it in
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

wienerdog wrote:
dhabums wrote:Considering the Flames have been past round 1 ONE time since 1990, I think that most of their reactions, no matter how stupid, are explainable. They'll always have 1989.

2004 is it, and even that should not have happened.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

dhabums wrote:
wienerdog wrote:

2004 is it, and even that should not have happened.
Amen.

That is a freaking long stinky streak.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

^^^Smells like a rose!!! ;) ^^^
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Well, as a Flames fan, at least I saw them win a cup within my life time, although it's becoming a distant memory these days.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

BCExpat wrote:Well, as a Flames fan, at least I saw them win a cup within my life time, although it's becoming a distant memory these days.
:mrgreen:

Fair enough, I'm not taking the Cup away, expat - TBH, I wasn't even trying to stir the pot.

When I saw bums put it down in writing - well, it's obviously been a real painful ride for Flames fans in the last two decades. That stat shocked me.

Just by way of comparison, if I'm counting correctly: in that same time frame, the Nucks have made it out of the 1st round nine times, with two trips to the Finals. No Cups, tho'.

For Calgary fans, there was the trip to the Finals in '04, but it has to be immensely frustrating to watch the team bow out in the 1st round time and time again. 20 out of 21 years, and no immediate improvement in sight. Ouch.

We've certainly had our ups and downs here in Van, but I know I'd have high blood-pressure if that stat were true for our team.

Maybe that explains Bountiful. :scowl:

edit: (expat - you really know how to pick 'em!)

As bad as it is in Calgary, it's worse being a Yotes fan. If you include their years in Winnipeg, that franchise hasn't won a post-season series since 1987. 23 consecutive seasons.

Double ouch.

Next on that list are the Isles with 17 seasons without a win, followed by the Panthers at 14.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

BCExpat wrote:Well, as a Flames fan, at least I saw them win a cup within my life time, although it's becoming a distant memory these days.
There is a point in life when yesterday becomes a distant memory.