GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby old calamari » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:18 am

the sharks sure like running their mouths off at other teams lately then lose to said teams. i loved bieksa big shit eating grin as he was being interviewed after the game on how much the sharks players hated the canucks.
old calamari
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Jovocop » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 am

old calamari wrote:the sharks sure like running their mouths off at other teams lately then lose to said teams. i loved bieksa big shit eating grin as he was being interviewed after the game on how much the sharks players hated the canucks.


Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby griz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am

Thornton is an idiot.
griz
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Corb » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:43 pm

IMO you've got to run with Schneider - there is no valid reason not to.
User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:51 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19 ... =autofeed#

Maybe someone else posted this already but the Sharks sure do hate us something fierce! We must be their BlackCocks or something....Wow
When I was younger everybody hated the Coilers during their peak. I remember labels like "goal sucks" and "cheap shot artists" being thrown about by bitterly jealous fans so I think all this negative press can empower the team to close ranks and become stronger mentally.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby clem » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.

Edler's injury gave us the Ballard/Salo pair in the 3rd. An intriguing possibility for Columbus & maybe Nash/Cgy.
Alberts/Sulzer could be interesting as well. :look:
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19414624?source=autofeed#

Maybe someone else posted this already but the Sharks sure do hate us something fierce! We must be their BlackCocks or something....Wow
When I was younger everybody hated the Coilers during their peak. I remember labels like "goal sucks" and "cheap shot artists" being thrown about by bitterly jealous fans so I think all this negative press can empower the team to close ranks and become stronger mentally.


its good how you point the old Oilers out and I can add another one, the 70's Habs, a lot of what is being said about the Canucks was said about the Habs. when you are dominating like the Canucks did last year you aren't making many friends.
I do think the diving is a newer complaint but I bet there is a correlation between the increase in diving and the increase in the number of Europeans now in the league and the connection to football where diving is just part of the game.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby dhabums » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:08 pm

clem wrote:Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.


Team America looked good on the 3rd goal.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby clem » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:52 pm

dhabums wrote:
clem wrote:Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.


Team America looked good on the 3rd goal.

In this case, 6 Yanks on ice for the Canucks = 1 goal for us.

Is the organization at risk of a foreign take over ? ;)
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:59 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19414624?source=autofeed#

Maybe someone else posted this already but the Sharks sure do hate us something fierce! We must be their BlackCocks or something....Wow
When I was younger everybody hated the Coilers during their peak. I remember labels like "goal sucks" and "cheap shot artists" being thrown about by bitterly jealous fans so I think all this negative press can empower the team to close ranks and become stronger mentally.


its good how you point the old Oilers out and I can add another one, the 70's Habs, a lot of what is being said about the Canucks was said about the Habs. when you are dominating like the Canucks did last year you aren't making many friends.


Big difference is the Habs and Oilers won multiple cups when people hated them.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby rats19 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:13 pm

That's how good we are blob.....we create the hate sans lord stanley..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4805
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby dhabums » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 am

clem wrote:
dhabums wrote:
clem wrote:Ballard's confidence/composure continues to improve. He & Alberts were a team best +2.


Team America looked good on the 3rd goal.

In this case, 6 Yanks on ice for the Canucks = 1 goal for us.

Is the organization at risk of a foreign take over ? ;)


How many goals have been scored in the NHL with 6 Americans on the ice for 1 team?
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Rayxor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 am

Jovocop wrote:Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:

But wasnt he playing hurt? Remember that slash to the foot he took from Franzen in the series before the Canucks?
User avatar
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby clem » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 am

dhabums wrote:
clem wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Team America looked good on the 3rd goal.

In this case, 6 Yanks on ice for the Canucks = 1 goal for us.

Is the organization at risk of a foreign take over ? ;)


How many goals have been scored in the NHL with 6 Americans on the ice for 1 team?

Something obscure for a motivated lad, or American colour commentator to research.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Postby Benjo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Rayxor wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:

But wasnt he playing hurt? Remember that slash to the foot he took from Franzen in the series before the Canucks?


Don't worry he was treated for 3rd degree lightsabre burns.

Image
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest