GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Nov 26: Canucks @ Fin Soup - 7PM - CBC!

Post by Jovocop »

Benjo wrote:
Rayxor wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Did anyone see Thornton's slash on Burrows? It looked pretty bad. I can see the Sharks hate the Canucks, especially the big crying baby, Thornton. In his whole career, he only had one good playoff series but still lost to the Canucks in 5 games... :lol:
But wasnt he playing hurt? Remember that slash to the foot he took from Franzen in the series before the Canucks?
Don't worry he was treated for 3rd degree lightsabre burns.

:lol: it is funny that people blame European for all the acting and diving when some Canadian star players do the same... I am sure Cherry is proud of Thornton...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Didn't see the Thornton on Edler slash cuz I missed the game, only heard from AV's press conference yesterday that Edler was cut badly enough to warrant stitches and that it's a touch place to get stitches to take (guessing the wrist). Obviously it was a doozy of a hack.

Anyone else recall that it was Alex Edler who rocked Thornton and hurt him in the WCF last year? Payback maybe?

After Peverly gave Bieksa a bruised PCL in the SCF by turning his stick over and using the tip of the blade to hack him with, you gotta think that the NHL is just moronic for being all worked up about open-ice hitting and concussions but not at all concerned with players using their sticks as weapons. A hack with the back of your stick in the course of play is one thing, but when you are turning it over to act as an axe, or hitting a guy hard enough to require stitches.....if that doesn't deserve a suspension, I'm not sure what does.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Mëds wrote:Didn't see the Thornton on Edler slash cuz I missed the game, only heard from AV's press conference yesterday that Edler was cut badly enough to warrant stitches and that it's a touch place to get stitches to take (guessing the wrist). Obviously it was a doozy of a hack.

Anyone else recall that it was Alex Edler who rocked Thornton and hurt him in the WCF last year? Payback maybe?

After Peverly gave Bieksa a bruised PCL in the SCF by turning his stick over and using the tip of the blade to hack him with, you gotta think that the NHL is just moronic for being all worked up about open-ice hitting and concussions but not at all concerned with players using their sticks as weapons. A hack with the back of your stick in the course of play is one thing, but when you are turning it over to act as an axe, or hitting a guy hard enough to require stitches.....if that doesn't deserve a suspension, I'm not sure what does.
The hack was on Burrows, not on Edler. Edler got the worst of a clean shoulder check from McGinn.

And yeah, I agree the hatchetwork needs to be looked at by the League.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I believe it was Torres that wrecked Joe in the WCFs last season.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Benjo wrote: Don't worry he was treated for 3rd degree lightsabre burns.

Wow....its even funnier than i remember it. And it was shortly after this that Boyle and Heatley were so concerned about those diving Canucks. Then the Media, rather than pointing out the obvious hypocrisy, jump all over the idea and it become THE story of the second half of the playoffs so that when any Canuck took some lumber, the focus was on their reaction and nothing gets called because the refs don't want to look bad by rewarding those damn divers. In the end the refs just looked bad....period.