GDT: Nov 16: Blah Caulks @ Us - 7pm - SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Re: GDT: Nov 16: Blah Caulks @ Us - 7pm - SPac

Post by T-BONE »

And that's all she wrote for that game. Nucks had numerous chances to put up more goals (puck bounces over Hansens stick, Hansens breakaway, Bieksa post) and just didn't finish.

That being said, are we really supposed to believe that the Hawks played a super clean game and the fact that they have taken no penalties just one week after we torched them to the tune of 5 PP goals is a complete coincidence? Yeah right, go **** yourself, NHL. Same shit happened last year whenever our PP got insanely hot. All of a sudden, the other team wouldn't "commit" any infractions. What a f***ing joke.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mondi wrote:No penalties is quite something, I guess the NHL doesn't want Vancouver to have an "unfair" advantages.

No penalties, gimmieafuckinbreak.
Get used to it. They didn't get a ton of PPs in the fianl either. If that's what that fat chunk of shit Gillis is waiting for it will be 41 years and counting next spring. This team needs to be constructed to play any style of game but Gillis doesn't see that. I guess all that fat and dead skin in his fucking eyes is blinding him. This marshmellow squad is first round fodder.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I feel like we should all put our faces in an emergency eyewash station for a corneal rape shower.

Man, we kind of suck this year.

LMAO @ the delayed penalty against the Hawks with 2 seconds left. Nice try.

Last edited by Rumsfeld on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Post by T-BONE »

Schneider has looked awful on the last 2 goals but unless he posts a shutout every night, it seems impossible for him to win since our offense has provided him next to no goal support. Now I know how Lu felt in the finals :?

Back to .500 again. I'm still not worried yet but a playoff spot is not a gimme and we sure as hell don't want to find ourselves in the unenviable position the Hawks were last April (having to hope another team lost so they could get in as an 8th seed). Sure feels like the Nucks quit after the 3-1 goal and that is a real piss-off.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

T-BONE wrote:Schneider has looked awful on the last 2 goals but unless he posts a shutout every night, it seems impossible for him to win since our offense has provided him next to no goal support. Now I know how Lu felt in the finals :?
It's tough to come in after watching from the bench for two weeks and play a team like the Hawks.
You guys are bedwetters. The Hawks are a wicked team.
That's rich coming from the guy with the yellowest sheets in the city. :lol: The Hawks aren't the first team to torch us this year. I'm sorry if .500 hockey 25% of the way through the season from a healthy President's Trophy winner and Stanley Cup Finalist isn't setting my world on fire.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

To everyone bitching about the Canuck's getting zero powerplays.....

Last game, Vancouver didn't play short-handed, in fact they weren't called for any penalties, and the Islander's were the recepient's of several penalties. And yes, every PP was earned by the Canucks.

Obviously the Blackhawk's, with their style of play, can pretty much be called for something almost every shift.....they are a chippy team. So yes, the Canuck's getting no PP's is BS. However, the scoreboard alone tells the story that the Canuck's didn't earn it tonight.....hell, they surrendered 5 unanswered goals. This team's achilles heel? Simple, when it's not working and they can't fight through it they completely fail to try something else. There is just a lack of a sparkplug in this engine right now. Last year Torres, as woeful as he could be, provided that energy at certain times. This year it's Volpatti or Weiss that have to do it, and they can't. The Canuck's just aren't mean enough.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mondi wrote:No penalties is quite something, I guess the NHL doesn't want Vancouver to have an "unfair" advantages.

Get used to it. They didn't get a ton of PPs in the fianl either. If that's what that fat chunk of shit Gillis is waiting for it will be 41 years and counting next spring. This team needs to be constructed to play any style of game but Gillis doesn't see that. I guess all that fat and dead skin in his fucking eyes is blinding him. This marshmellow squad is first round fodder.
It would have been nice to see the Canucks dish out some crushing hits, but I don't really think toughness (or lack of it) was a big factor in this game. Weise did almost decapitate Toews at one point but the kid bailed out in time.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: This year it's Volpatti or Weiss that have to do it, and they can't. The Canuck's just aren't mean enough.
Volpatti and Weise are fucking useless. they aren't the reason the team is winning or losing but they don't do anything out there. They don't hit hard, they can't fight, they are weak defensively , they don't score and now with Cotton Eyed Joe they look as shitty as the 4th line debalces of the past. They may as well ice a 4th line that has a cunt hair of skill because it's pretty clear Gillis has zero use for anyone who will throw a punch in anger.

You're right they aren't mean enough. That falls on Gillis for trusting that the NHL and its officials will call the game and police it the way it's supposed to be. It isn't going to happen.

What the Canucks would have done if the Bruins had run their goalie ? Likely they would have had about the same response as the Gaybres...... skating towards Lucic halfheartedly with a river of piss running down their legs.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Mëds wrote:To everyone bitching about the Canuck's getting zero powerplays.....

Last game, Vancouver didn't play short-handed, in fact they weren't called for any penalties, and the Islander's were the recepient's of several penalties. And yes, every PP was earned by the Canucks.
That was the Islanders, a team we completely dominated with the exception of the Tavares line. And that game took place in our building, where the home team generally gets the call. There were numerous clear infractions against the Hawks, including two where Canucks sticks were slashed out of hands. Meanwhile the Canucks had a couple penalties that were marginal at best.
Obviously the Blackhawk's, with their style of play, can pretty much be called for something almost every shift.....they are a chippy team. So yes, the Canuck's getting no PP's is BS. However, the scoreboard alone tells the story that the Canuck's didn't earn it tonight.....hell, they surrendered 5 unanswered goals
Yeah, it's silly to suggest that the game might have gone differently in the second if the Canucks had gotten a couple of calls. The Hawks were leading 2-1 off of two PP goals and we didn't get a sniff to answer back.

I very rarely bitch about officiating, haven't complained since the Finals... but I think we got screwed tonight. Whether we would have won the game or not if we had some PPs is beside the point. The point is we weren't given the opportunity playing in our own barn and that, my friends, is horseshit.

Oh, and Cotton Eye Joe made me LOL, which makes me feel bad inside while simultaneously LOL'ing.
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

It would have been nice to see the Canucks dish out some crushing hits, but I don't really think toughness (or lack of it) was a big factor in this game. Weise did almost decapitate Toews at one point but the kid bailed out in time.
toughness wasn't the reason they lost this game, but I believe it will be a factor throughout the season, however short it may be. I just wonder why most other teams see toughness/physical play as a necessary component while Gillis could care less. He can shut all of the naysayers up with a cup or two.

To simply rely on the NHL officials to give you 5- 7 PP's every game in the post season and not have any physical push back is a gamble to say the least.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I don't mean just the crushing hits kind of toughness Rummy, the team lacks aggression. They seem to lack that drive that says, "We are going to win at any cost." Instead, when the chips are down and they are getting it handed to them, they play this perimeter bullshit cycle and wait for their opponent to give them something instead of going in like a snarling bull and making something happen. It could be anything, even something as simple as taking 2 minutes in the box for running the goaltender, it sends a message, the same message teams try to send us: "We're coming for you tonight, and if you don't like it, you can go fuck your hat." This is especially true in games where the officiating is at NHL par.....by that I mean sucks hind tit.

When the Canuck's are willing to send that message to team's like Chicago and Boston, that is when this team is going to start taking some strides forward and be consistent.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: What the Canucks would have done if the Bruins had run their goalie ? Likely they would have had about the same response as the Gaybres...... skating towards Lucic halfheartedly with a river of piss running down their legs.
BAHAHAHAHA.....

Thanks Blob, I needed that after tonight. :lol:
GoalieDad
CC Rookie

Post by GoalieDad »

Just watched the highlights. That's all I've seen of the game ... 100 seconds or so. Schneider looked questionable on three of the goals imo. Don't know all the rest that happened, but that much I could see. Too bad.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mëds wrote:To everyone bitching about the Canuck's getting zero powerplays.....

Obviously the Blackhawk's, with their style of play, can pretty much be called for something almost every shift.....they are a chippy team. So yes, the Canuck's getting no PP's is BS. However, the scoreboard alone tells the story that the Canuck's didn't earn it tonight.....hell, they surrendered 5 unanswered goals. This team's achilles heel? Simple, when it's not working and they can't fight through it they completely fail to try something else. There is just a lack of a sparkplug in this engine right now. Last year Torres, as woeful as he could be, provided that energy at certain times. This year it's Volpatti or Weiss that have to do it, and they can't. The Canuck's just aren't mean enough.
I really hope some day you will attend my "how not to rape the apostrophe" course.

We had lots of chances to score tonight. Early we suffered from "score pretty at home" then it became "almost". The game got out of reach because we were pressing and CS couldn't make a save.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Sounds like the whining crew is out in full force on the board tonight .. nobody bitched about the Canucks getting most of the penalty breaks the last time these 2 teams played .. Agree with the comments of Blob.. would have liked to see Canucks resign Torres.. He brought energy and toughness that this years edition is sadly lacking.. Kessler/Burrows line isn't setting the world on fire.. Sedins ok but nothing from 3 other lines.. Sad that AV wasted 2 games with bad goaltending decisions.. Playing Luongo on b2 backs then putting in an ice cold Schneider this game..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice