GDT: Nov 13: Grabner @ Ballard 6:00 SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 13: Grabner @ Ballard 6:00 SPac

Post by rats19 »

tantalum wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
dhabums wrote: Anyone else want in?
I have 5 goals in my last 3 games. Unfortunately I only play 12 regular season games. 2 of those 5 are complete garbage goals ...my role is to plant my fat ass in front of the net and let the guys who can actually shoot take the shots. When i say garbage I mean garbage as those two just bounced off of me. The others were actually good goals...one right off the face off win (the best shot I've ever taken right to the top corner and it won't happen again) the other two were off rebounds on odd-man rushes.
thats a 20 goal season..no matter how they go in and 100 goals on a 82 game schedule...your fucking awesome tant
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

rats19 wrote: thats a 20 goal season..no matter how they go in and 100 goals on a 82 game schedule...your fucking awesome tant
It's "C" League.....in Southwestern Missouri. A league full of guys (and gals) like me who only started playing in the last few years along with some "B" players to help us out. But I do score a decent number of goals that result simply because I at least grew up playing road hockey, some shinny and think the game reasonably well. If I managed to lose weight to get faster I'd be in the upper quarter of the league. I was on my way at the beginning of the year and then blew my knee out and all this great southern cooking had that weight back on in short order. So back to the beginning!

I also never start scoring until the back half of the season when I figure out where my center is actually going to be (we play 3 seasons a year and the teams are redrafted every season).

But enough about me....Grabner will not score 70. I really dislike his play so far this year. It's very similar to what he did the first 40 games last year except this time he has some benefit of the doubt so he gets to play with Tavares and gets 18 minutes a night. Last year he was on the 3rd and 4th lines and ony because of injury. No question he'd be in the doghouse here if this was how he started the year...and for plays like on the Hodgson goal where he wasn't doing anything other than being a nuisance to his own team.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

tantalum wrote:
rats19 wrote: thats a 20 goal season..no matter how they go in and 100 goals on a 82 game schedule...your fucking awesome tant
It's "C" League.....in Southwestern Missouri. A league full of guys (and gals) like me who only started playing in the last few years along with some "B" players to help us out. But I do score a decent number of goals that result simply because I at least grew up playing road hockey, some shinny and think the game reasonably well. If I managed to lose weight to get faster I'd be in the upper quarter of the league. I was on my way at the beginning of the year and then blew my knee out and all this great southern cooking had that weight back on in short order. So back to the beginning!

I also never start scoring until the back half of the season when I figure out where my center is actually going to be (we play 3 seasons a year and the teams are redrafted every season).

But enough about me....Grabner will not score 70. I really dislike his play so far this year. It's very similar to what he did the first 40 games last year except this time he has some benefit of the doubt so he gets to play with Tavares and gets 18 minutes a night. Last year he was on the 3rd and 4th lines and ony because of injury. No question he'd be in the doghouse here if this was how he started the year...and for plays like on the Hodgson goal where he wasn't doing anything other than being a nuisance to his own team.
Ok...C league awesome
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

tantalum wrote:

A goal is a goal Tant. In my 20 years+ rec hockey career, I've piled up more than 70 goals. Started playing forward at first then the last 10 years on defense.

Am I ashamed that I've abused beginners, seniors and women to achieve a big chunk of my stats? Hell no! After I rag the shit out of the puck, I might even occasionally pass them a cookie so they'll have something to brag about afterwards. Hey, I'm not a total douche! When you're as good as Magic40 or me, it's not cockiness, it's confidence.

Okay okay, it's because I bought one of those really expensive sticks a couple of seasons ago.