GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:30PST, RSN-Van

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:30PST, RSN-Van

Post by Listercat »

Luongo's biggest shortcoming other than his stickhandling ability has always been pucks in the crease and his inability to smother them.

In the Series against the Hawks in 2010 he was scored on countless times beacause he could not cover up loose pucks.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Listercat wrote:Luongo's biggest shortcoming other than his stickhandling ability has always been pucks in the crease and his inability to smother them.

In the Series against the Hawks in 2010 he was scored on countless times beacause he could not cover up loose pucks.
I think his biggest short coming is he lets in one or some times more, but usually one bad goal a game. Sure he is better than Hasek with the stick, but lets face it he does suck with the stick
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jovorock wrote:
Listercat wrote:Luongo's biggest shortcoming other than his stickhandling ability has always been pucks in the crease and his inability to smother them.

I think his biggest short coming is he lets in one or some times more, but usually one bad goal a game. Sure he is better than Hasek with the stick, but lets face it he does suck with the stick
Maybe that's why he hurls it to the ice three times a game.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovorock wrote:

Maybe that's why he hurls it to the ice three times a game.
Nope. It's because of the "one" bad goal..... :roll:

.....oh wait, you said three times...... :look:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Per wrote:Read a Kings' fan preview of the game:
Kings lineup changes: Parse is out with a case of the Salos. Richardson is scratched, because uh…because…oh hell, there’s no reason. They could use his speed.

Trent Hunter joins the third line, while Colin Fraser will center Moreau and Lewis on the fourth. Maybe they assume that Canuck kryptonite is GRIT! I think it’s Timmy Thomas stopping 96.7% of shots in a series, but that’s me.

One request for the bottom six tonight: we don’t have to aim high, like shots or goals or anything. Just…don’t take penalties, guys. Can you all do that?

Uh…

The Nucks scored 5 power play goals against the Blackhawks. Special teams better be ready tonight

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2011/ ... ?ref=yahoo

I think he was spot on! :lol:
The blogger has a really good sense of humour.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Topper wrote:I'm top 25 with him injured, I'd be eating cookies if he were healthy while holding my head high knowing I did not pick a leaf.
Who cares for one leaf, at least i'm exploiting his services... :lol:

Shit, whenever i make a rare comment it fires back...still #3 now.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'