GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:30PST, RSN-Van

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings, 7:30PST, RSN-Van

Post by tantalum »

I don't see why the league couldn't review that type of play. If they can make the call on how fast a puck comes off a skate and pretend they know vectors and force (pendulum motion be damned!) surely they can make a call on who initiated contact and how the contact occurred and when it occurred. In this case: 1) Hansen got to the ice first and was not in the crease and Quick skated into Hansen 2) Hansen was pushed by the LA D-man and 3) contact occurred after the puck was past Quick therefore nothing impeded him in making the save.

No matter which way you slice it, it was a bad call.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Drew Doughty fucks up an easy pass to his forward but Dale Weise makes a killer pass springing Volpatti...

Whats wrong with this picture?
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

mathonwy wrote:Drew Doughty fucks up an easy pass to his forward but Dale Weise makes a killer pass springing Volpatti...

Whats wrong with this picture?
Weise is in a contract year ;)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Doughty is still trying to get rid of his summer fat. Took him about 50 games last year.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Higgins is more skilled than I thought, Booth is less skilled than I thought.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Corb wrote:Higgins is more skilled than I thought, Booth is less skilled than I thought.
What you have is 2 twenty goal scorers....one on a hot streak that is feeling it and one that isn't. Good chance that 20 games from now things are reversed.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

That was a WHL toe drag...

LOL.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

mathonwy wrote:That was a WHL toe drag...

LOL.
Camel Toe.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Nice game. I'm going to bed.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

tantalum wrote:
Corb wrote:Higgins is more skilled than I thought, Booth is less skilled than I thought.
What you have is 2 twenty goal scorers....one on a hot streak that is feeling it and one that isn't. Good chance that 20 games from now things are reversed.
Maybe, but I think Higgins has better puck skills. But I get your point.

Why was Volpatti out in the last 2 minutes? Was there an icing call ?
Last edited by Corb on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

God I hate when AV plays the trap to try to hold on 2 a 2 goal lead. Very very dum, almost cost them the game. Forecheck, forecheck wins games. Look when the fourth line finally got to play in LA's zone, Weiss pulls a penalty. AV needs to take the damn trap out of his playbook
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Calgary_Canuck wrote:God I hate when AV plays the trap to try to hold on 2 a 2 goal lead. Very very dum, almost cost them the game. Forecheck, forecheck wins games. Look when the fourth line finally got to play in LA's zone, Weiss pulls a penalty. AV needs to take the damn trap out of his playbook
You think so... Look at how he refuses to play his $4.2m defenseman on the powerplay... instead, Rome got to the pp icetime. So far two goals in two games and AV looks like a genius... Wait til he coughs up the puck against a better team, I can't wait to hear people complaining about that.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, we have a new Masta Blasta from the point: Aaron Romeooooooooo! The dood should have got 2 goals tonite. :)

I guess Andrew Ebett is our new Tambellini?

Yeah, Higgy has really impressed me this year. I didn't think much of him when we first got him, even though he had some good moments during the playoffs; however, this year he has been consistently been one of our top forwards every nite. He's starting to remind me of Marty Gelinas, working hard every shift. Booth? Yeah, I dunno about him. He seems like a $2 mill player at best right now (equal to Higgy's lvl). Still early for him and hopefully he can get some bounces to get his confidence up a bit.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Read a Kings' fan preview of the game:
Kings lineup changes: Parse is out with a case of the Salos. Richardson is scratched, because uh…because…oh hell, there’s no reason. They could use his speed.

Trent Hunter joins the third line, while Colin Fraser will center Moreau and Lewis on the fourth. Maybe they assume that Canuck kryptonite is GRIT! I think it’s Timmy Thomas stopping 96.7% of shots in a series, but that’s me.

One request for the bottom six tonight: we don’t have to aim high, like shots or goals or anything. Just…don’t take penalties, guys. Can you all do that?

Uh…

The Nucks scored 5 power play goals against the Blackhawks. Special teams better be ready tonight

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2011/ ... ?ref=yahoo

I think he was spot on! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think Romeo is very under-rated actually. I think he's a poor man's Willie Mitchell. As we have seen from the last couple nites, he can also shot the puck from the point way better than Willie as well. Willie always had trouble hitting the net and he had this weird wind up with the long stick. There's a reason why AV likes him and played him over Baltard most of the season last year. He's a strong guy, solid defensively and is a good hitter (just ask Horton). :lol: I think losing him in the backend was one the reasons we kind of fell apart vs the Bruins in the finals. Hammer got most the press, but Romer is a steady presence back there as well. Losing both was a big kick in the balls on us.

As far as coughing up the puck, Romer plays within his limitations. He won't stickhandle the puck out his own zone like Baltard thinking he's Bobby Orr. He'll just make the safe play by feeding the puck up or just getting the puck deep. If he's on the PP, I think he'll just play it safe by moving the puck to the more skilled guys (like the Sedins). If he's in trouble on the point, I think he'll just dump it deep into the corners or just back off to defend. He'll just keep it simple by trying to keep himself open for a shot if someone finds him. As we have seen the last couple games, he has a cannon. His shot is a threat from the point, whereas Ballard's is not. I guess with Hoff's departure, it's giving others guys like Salo, Edler, Hammer and Romer a chance to showcase their skillz.

Jovocop wrote: You think so... Look at how he refuses to play his $4.2m defenseman on the powerplay... instead, Rome got to the pp icetime. So far two goals in two games and AV looks like a genius... Wait til he coughs up the puck against a better team, I can't wait to hear people complaining about that.