Nov 6 - Canucks at Blackhawks - 4:00 PM - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

old calamari
CC Veteran

Re: Nov 6 - Canucks at Blackhawks - 4:00 PM - SNET

Post by old calamari »

the canucks can get under the skin of guys like carcillo and eager. makes you wonder what GMs like bowman and tambelini are thinking . anyways good beatdown love it. kane is such a little bitch i counted 2 blatent dives from him and when he hit a sedin from behind he runs and hides behind seabrook. the reffs feeling sorry for the hawks in the 3rd no penalty on too many men fuk give me a break.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Despite their terrible start the Canucks have seved up 2 very entertaining and impressive wins over top teams this season. Lends a lot of credibility to the belief that most of this teams problems come down to effort.

-So after getting pounded physically by the Canucks in last years playoff, Chicago goes out an adds some perifial toughness in the form of Jamal Mayers and Dan Carcillo. What happens,,, Carcillo talks shit then spends the whole game taking dumb penalties and Mayers does nothing other then get pounded by Bieksa.

-Loved Hank being a douche and giving Crawford not one but two snow showers. I can tell the Sedins are very intimidated by this tough now Chicago team (smile).

-Biggest positive on the night had to be Hamhuis looking great on the first unit power play. I didn't think he had the creativity to play there and perhaps he doesn't, but if he can be effective in that spot then what a bonus. That would Allow the Canucks to move Salo to the second unit which give that group a solid foundation with Salo, Hodgson, and Booth, and it further diminishes the impact when Sami misses games. Dan had 37 points in his second year but seemed to lose power play time after that. Perhaps there is some untapped potential there.

-Hodgson with another good game. 2 points, 4 or 5 good scoring chances, and no noticeable defensive errors. A good game over all, unfortunately however I don't see AV giving that 3rd line much ice time with Ebbett in that spot. Hopefully Burrows gets back so Hansen can drop down and make the unit more serviceable.

-Aaron Rome may not be a great player, but his defensive game is sound and with Salo out, and Bieksa failing, the Canucks have been desperate for someone like that in their line up. I still don't understand the decisions to put him on the power play but I guess you cant argue with the results.

-Great to see Booth get the monkey off his back, hopefully he can now relax a bit and just play. The guy is far too talented to go 13 games without scoring.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:I don't see AV giving that 3rd line much ice time with Ebbett in that spot.
Ebbett played near two minutes of PK time, had 4 shots, a hit, a blocked shot and a take away, he he played a steady fourth line game. Your criticism is as misguided as your agenda.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Topper wrote:Did Carcillo get ten for his comments in August?
Interesting point. Maybe they were going to give Hordichuk one as well for him comments in the summer except he didn't give them enough time to. Done after his second shift. 8-)

Debt paid. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

old calamari wrote:the canucks can get under the skin of guys like carcillo and eager. makes you wonder what GMs like bowman and tambelini are thinking . anyways good beatdown love it. kane is such a little bitch i counted 2 blatent dives from him and when he hit a sedin from behind he runs and hides behind seabrook. the reffs feeling sorry for the hawks in the 3rd no penalty on too many men fuk give me a break.
They're thinking "Hey look, the Bruins just won a cup with toughness".

Unfortunately misguided for them because if the Canucks weren't so banged up they would have made the Bruins pay on the power play. Would have been a totally different outcome as far as I'm concerned.
2011..... the one that got away.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Carcillo is a joke but he fits in with some of the other pukes on that team, namely Kane and Bolland.
Good on Rome for smearing his face around for running Luongo.
Roberto must have had a Neidemeyer flashback on that first goal.
Cody is quietly showing his offensive capabilities.

Christian who???
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:I don't see AV giving that 3rd line much ice time with Ebbett in that spot.
Ebbett played near two minutes of PK time, had 4 shots, a hit, a blocked shot and a take away, he he played a steady fourth line game. Your criticism is as misguided as your agenda.
You mean he was steady after his disastrous play on the winning goal the night before? Or perhaps steady after his 2 goals in the past 50ish NHL games.

Ebbett was fine last night, but as I said, I don't see AV giving that line much time with out a stronger 2-way player in Ebbetts spot (i.e. Hansen, Higgens, etc). As has been noted, Cody isn't any better then average in his own zone and Malholtra is way off his game.

Throw a fringe player like Ebbett and the line does not look like one that will be particularly effective.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:Cody isn't any better then average in his own zone
Yes, I noted his horrible give away along the boards in his own zone in the third last night that lead to a tired out icing call. (smile)

It was good to see him play a very simple chip and chase game when he got more than 3 minutes of ice time once the game was decided in the third.

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Cody isn't any better then average in his own zone
Yes, I noted his horrible give away along the boards in his own zone in the third last night that lead to a tired out icing call. (smile)

It was good to see him play a very simple chip and chase game when he got more than 3 minutes of ice time once the game was decided in the third.
LOL you are funny.

Cody having 4 points in the last 4 games must just be killing you inside.

Sometimes you just have to let it go Topper. :drink:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:.

I wish your Vancouver Canucks could beat the piss outta your Chicago Bastardhawks

... but they can't.
Bieksa seems to disagree.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Topper wrote:Did Carcillo get ten for his comments in August?
Interesting point. Maybe they were going to give Hordichuk one as well for him comments in the summer except he didn't give them enough time to. Done after his second shift. 8-)

Debt paid. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:
just wanted to see that again somethings never get old... :mex:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:LOL you are funny.

Cody having 4 points in the last 4 games must just be killing you inside.

Sometimes you just have to let it go Topper. :drink:
As funny as your 4-5 good scoring chances comment?

As funny as the silence I read on Daniel's goal? Yeah, he popped a gimme into and open net.....

If Cody does well and can help the team, great, but until he can play the defensive side of the game, he's not fooling me.

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote:
If Cody does well and can help the team, great, but until he can play the defensive side of the game, he's not fooling me.
Ha, and your desperate attempts to save your rep here, aren't fooling anyone either. (smile).
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We don't seem to have the depth that we did last year to weather a lot of injuries. But if the 3rd and 4th lines can continue their good play it will be less noticeable. The Lappy and Higgins acquisitions are proving to be very very valuable indeed.

Manny is back at the top in F/O %, number 2 I think. Last night he had more hustle in his game and was forechecking a lot better. I think he is finding his game again.

How good are the twins when almost anyone can play with them and score :D Gotta like that but we d miss Burrows out there if for no other reason that it gives us more balanced lines.

Rome had a good game and Alberts was OK too. Luongo with a miserable brain fart but then a superb game after that. Of course it helps when we score on the PP. We are just a completely different team with the lead then without. We get to exploit them with our speed more when we have the lead and they are taking chances.

Hodgson is doing OK. I still don't think he will live up to all the draft hype but I think he will become a valuable bottom six with potential to spot in the top 6. He'll never be fast but he is showing promise of learning the two way game and is quietly getting the points. But has he done enough to stay in the line up when both Raymond and Burrows are back is the question. Right now we just don't have the depth to really bring anyone else up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Topper wrote:
Ha, and your desperate attempts to save your rep here, aren't fooling anyone either. (smile).
You have me confused with dbr, but then you are consistent with misreading of posts, maybe your reading skills and spelling skills are linked.

I know you were late to the party, but this is what I said back in early July.
Unless Cody is capable of playing defence and works his way up through the 4th and 3rd line (once out of the A) he won't be worth a lick.

There isn't a player drafted by the Canucks on the team that did not first prove himself in a defensive role before earning a top 6 job.
viewtopic.php?p=106444#p106444

My message remains consistent.