GDT: Nov. 1; Canucks@ Flames; 6:30 pst on TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Nov. 1; Canucks@ Flames; 6:30 pst on TSN

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Canucks with the blowout win tonight....
:thumbs:

Sure glad the Flames suck....
Sure makes up for what's happening in Edmonton.
It's not going to last. Khabibulin with a 9.60 SV% and 1.12 GAA??? :lol:

Please.

Yes yes, they have 3 great young forwards going forward but they're lucky if they squeak into the playoffs this year. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote:Ask me what's happening in Edmonton in January and February, when the dog days creep up and energy levels drop. When games begin to mean something and the team scoring dries up while they continue to allow 4,5,6 goals against due to lousy defense and an aging, injury prone ex-con.
Even with those 3 young hotdogs the Oil are 25th in Goals Scored Per Game right now.

Not gonna last....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:
It's not going to last. Khabibulin with a 9.60 SV% and 1.12 GAA??? :lol:

Please.

Yes yes, they have 3 great young forwards going forward but they're lucky if they squeak into the playoffs this year. :thumbs:

Ding, ding, ding....

Canuck fans have serious Oiler angst....

The only reason they aren't dead last right now is goaltending.

And their goalteniding is going to flat line fairly soon.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

You guys are way too sensitive.

lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:You guys are way too sensitive.

lol
Tater-Tot is really stressed about the promising future of the Edmonton Oilers. He's having a hard time accepting that they might be a damn good hockey team in a couple years.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

tantalum wrote:pretty much. Don't forget a guy like Penner as well. Some are better, some are worse. Some are a waste of space completely (Penner) and some can still play a regular shift even if they aren't scoring (I think Booth is that type of guy).
Wasn't Demitra a $4M man? That should put things in perspective for what one gets, skill and production wise.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

wienerdog wrote:
tantalum wrote:pretty much. Don't forget a guy like Penner as well. Some are better, some are worse. Some are a waste of space completely (Penner) and some can still play a regular shift even if they aren't scoring (I think Booth is that type of guy).
Wasn't Demitra a $4M man? That should put things in perspective for what one gets, skill and production wise.
Yep. People are a bit nuts thinking $4M goes a long way, most of that is because we are spoiled with some of the contracts we've got over the past couple seasons.

For a pair of scoring champions and a Hart trophy, the Sedins are under-paid by at least $1M/each. Kesler is probably about the same. After the Finals run he had, Bieksa probably could have gotten $5M on the open market (Paul Martin, Wisniewski money). Hamhuis has a good deal... I don't include Luongo because he's on a "lifetime" deal. Keeps the cap-hit at a great level, but ties him to the organization forever.

You can look around the league and see that the Canucks have a fairly good portion of their core signed to VERY good deals. This allows them to go after depth players with risky deals like Sturm, because essentially it's money that we wouldn't normally have.

Sturm was barely playing, and playing poorly when he was. Samuelsson is aged and turning into a hospital-case. We dumped both those guys and actually got cap ROOM in picking up 26 year old Booth...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:Edler tied for second in points by defencemen with 12. Karlsson is first with 13 but has played one more game.

Could Eds make a run for the Norris this year? He's looking pretty Norrisish right now. Incredible passer, great shot, physical, smart, excellent defensively, showing improved instincts on the PP...

I'm thinking he could be a top-5 overall D-man this year for sure. Please stay healthy Alex.
Competing with Karlsson and Lidström for Norris, eh? :lol:

Looking forward to the next Olympics! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Competing with Karlsson and Lidström for Norris, eh? :lol:

Looking forward to the next Olympics! 8-)
Speaking of agendas... :P