GDT: Oct 29: Canucks host Washington - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

GDT: Oct 29: Canucks host Washington - 7pm - CBC

Post by griz »

Remember the good old days when the Canucks lost to the worste teams and defeated the best? Something tells me they will get past Washington tonight just by calming down and playing as a team. The Caps will assume the Canucks are out of order right now and not take them as seriously as they need to.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Oct 29: Canucks host Washington - 7pm - CBC

Post by rats19 »

Caps just lost to the coil....might just have a little angst of their own..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Let the winning begin in Calgary on November 1!!!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Let's score the first one, m'kay guys?

The wonder twins better activate tonight, because we're going to need more than two goals. Lou should be about as motivated as can be for an early-season affair.

What's with our most consistent second-liner (Higgins) getting demoted to the third? Is AV just looking to strengthen our weak "checking" line? At this juncture I'd say Lappy should be our third line center.

I'm going to a party where the fights will be on the tube so I'm gonna miss this one. I wish the Caps hadn't run into the Bulin wall last game. I'd be more confident if they were coming off of a win at the end of the Western road swing.

That said, we're taking this one. I'll bet my second-last tube of model glue on it!
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Caps should be just the tonic for what ails us.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

A good sign tonight will be scoring the first goal and not taking the first penalty.

Seems like the opposite has happened in the majority of the first 10 games this season.

Another good sign would be the second line scoring at even strength, though I'm not sure about putting Hodgson on that line when he's had a tough go at wing so far this season.

Another good sign would be Malholtra being less then terrible. AV admits Lappy deserves the 3rd line spot but claims to be playing Manny for "big picture" reasons. I get what he is talking about but dont understand why he didn't take a similar approach with other players, like say Keith Ballard who could have helped us in the final last year if his confidence hadn't been shattered by being kicked around by AV all season. AV needs to work on his consistency. If he gives one player the benefit of the doubt because of off season injuries then all players should get the same treatment.

And finally some saves would be great. Neither goalie has really won us a game this season and both have let us down with some crappy goals.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Potatoe1 wrote:And finally some saves would be great. Neither goalie has really won us a game this season and both have let us down with some crappy goals.
No sense in ranting and raving about it. :)
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
NY: Brown/Millen/Petrillo TOR: Cole/Galley/Healy/Amber MON: Lee/Campbell/Rainnie TB: Ball/Weekes VAN: Hughson/Simpson/Oake

:D
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

5-1 Washington.

The game won't even be close.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Just put together a strong game. Let's see a resemblance to the team we watched get to the cup final.

Come on Canucks use this one to get things going!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Luongo will stand on his head tonight against Ovechkin & Co. Everyone will think things are going to be alright, but I remind you, Louie always shows up against the big teams, and always looks good when facing the best. He just shits the bed against average teams with middle of the road skill.....or the Oilers..... :P

First goal is key tonight. Against the Cap's it doesn't mean we have the game in the bag, but if they strike first, may as well pack our bags and hit the road early.

This is a fragile team right now that needs to be re-forged.....who better than the hottest team in the league.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Potatoe1 wrote:And finally some saves would be great. Neither goalie has really won us a game this season and both have let us down with some crappy goals.
Care to elaborate on some of those crappy goals that Schneider has let in? I can only think of one that may fit the bill, 2nd goal against St. Louis.....and that may/or may not have deflected in front of him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:A good sign tonight will be scoring the first goal and not taking the first penalty.

Seems like the opposite has happened in the majority of the first 10 games this season.

Another good sign would be the second line scoring at even strength, though I'm not sure about putting Hodgson on that line when he's had a tough go at wing so far this season.

Another good sign would be Malholtra being less then terrible. AV admits Lappy deserves the 3rd line spot but claims to be playing Manny for "big picture" reasons. I get what he is talking about but dont understand why he didn't take a similar approach with other players, like say Keith Ballard who could have helped us in the final last year if his confidence hadn't been shattered by being kicked around by AV all season. AV needs to work on his consistency. If he gives one player the benefit of the doubt because of off season injuries then all players should get the same treatment.

And finally some saves would be great. Neither goalie has really won us a game this season and both have let us down with some crappy goals.
Amen Tater-Tot, especially regarding AV on his coddling of his favorites (Malhotra) and for pointing out his whipping boy style of coaching, ie Ballard. His whole love for Malhotra has shoved his other whipping boy 'Hodgson' to the wing, whom obviously to everyone, is so out of place on the wings. All in the name of Malhotra.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Yeah there was a lot of angst over this at the other internet location, wasn't there?

EDIT: What? RD is now defending KB4 and CoHo? What?
Scintillator
CC Veteran

Post by Scintillator »

Hank wrote: EDIT: What? RD is now defending KB4 and CoHo? What?
Ritalin