GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Rumsfeld » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:At least opposing players will have a nice view of the lumberjack when Lou is laying on his stomach. o
Or they be distracted by their sudden craving for Pringles.
Aha, so that's the new strategy for dealing with Buffy...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9393
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Topper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:At least opposing players will have a nice view of the lumberjack when Lou is laying on his stomach. o
Or they be distracted by their sudden craving for Pringles.
save it for the Jets them
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Rumsfeld » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Topper wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:At least opposing players will have a nice view of the lumberjack when Lou is laying on his stomach. o
Or they be distracted by their sudden craving for Pringles.
save it for the Jets them
Quit Pratting my jokes, ya cantankerous old codger.

8-)
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 10974
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Rummy is one of those Luongo obsessed Team 1040 phone in guys who blame all that is wrong with the world on poor old Roberto. People need to chill out on Luongo. Seriously. Remember, how harsh the Montreal fans would get on Patrick Roy who is quite possible the best goalie of all time??? People need to seriously pull away from the magnifying glass that is focused on Roberto and let the man breath a little. He can do the job better than 99% of the goalies in the league.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Rumsfeld » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Rummy is one of those Luongo obsessed Team 1040 phone in guys who blame all that is wrong with the world on poor old Roberto. People need to chill out on Luongo. Seriously. Remember, how harsh the Montreal fans would get on Patrick Roy who is quite possible the best goalie of all time??? People need to seriously pull away from the magnifying glass that is focused on Roberto and let the man breath a little. He can do the job better than 99% of the goalies in the league.
Yeah, you've sure got me pegged. :roll:

Your criticisms might hold some weight if you hadn't spent the entire past season throwing childish tantrums in GDTs about how Keith Ballard was costing us every game we lost. So you might wanna gear down there, big rig.

But if nothing else, you're always good for a chuckle, RD.

If nothing else.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by dhabums » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:At least opposing players will have a nice view of the lumberjack when Lou is laying on his stomach. o
Or they be distracted by their sudden craving for Pringles.
Aha, so that's the new strategy for dealing with Buffy...
Buff eats Luongo, we get a 5 min PP and we get out of the lifetime contract!!

User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by mathonwy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Rummy is one of those Luongo obsessed Team 1040 phone in guys who blame all that is wrong with the world on poor old Roberto. People need to chill out on Luongo. Seriously. Remember, how harsh the Montreal fans would get on Patrick Roy who is quite possible the best goalie of all time??? People need to seriously pull away from the magnifying glass that is focused on Roberto and let the man breath a little. He can do the job better than 99% of the goalies in the league.
Yeah, you've sure got me pegged. :roll:

Your criticisms might hold some weight if you hadn't spent the entire past season throwing childish tantrums in GDTs about how Keith Ballard was costing us every game we lost. So you might wanna gear down there, big rig.

But if nothing else, you're always good for a chuckle, RD.

If nothing else.
LOL

Busted.

RoyalDude urging patience? What's the dillio?

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1825
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Hank » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

The PP looks SO much better when the puck is in the Sedin's hands instead of being massaged to death by Sammy. Takes no time to gain the zone too.

User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by mathonwy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Hank wrote:The PP looks SO much better when the puck is in the Sedin's hands instead of being massaged to death by Sammy. Takes no time to gain the zone too.
Agreed.

The PP seems to die pretty fast when Sammy is holding the puck.

User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by mathonwy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 pm

This is quite the barnburner. One nice goal and 2 flukey ones.

And now Sturm might get one too. Wow.

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by tantalum » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Bieksa has already pissed me off 3 times tonight.

Twice with soft passes on the PP which killed any chance of puck movement around the zone and once with his belly flop to the ice on the PK taking himself out of the play. Playing lazy again.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1825
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Hank » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Hank wrote:The PP looks SO much better when the puck is in the Sedin's hands instead of being massaged to death by Sammy. Takes no time to gain the zone too.
Agreed.

The PP seems to die pretty fast when Sammy is holding the puck.
We are obviously better coaches than old whathisname.

I'm glad we don't have a shitty goalie like Rinne! ;)

User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1497
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Southern_Canuck » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Well, at least one constant can be relied upon - any Canuck goal off of a skate will be disallowed - despite the fact that it is a clear goal according to the rules.

Actually, what is constant is the total incompetence of NHL refereeing - my bad.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by tantalum » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Southern_Canuck wrote:Well, at least one constant can be relied upon - any Canuck goal off of a skate will be disallowed - despite the fact that it is a clear goal according to the rules.

Actually, what is constant is the total incompetence of NHL refereeing - my bad.

S_C
I think if you watch the video the NHL put out a coupe of years ago we'll find that it was the "correct" call. Now what is in the video and what is written seem to be two different things but that's another story.

User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by mathonwy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Weise needs to go introduce himself to Tootoo.

Post Reply