GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by coco_canuck »

Potatoe1 wrote: I think Schneider is the far better option.
I think he gets the most value in return for sure, but I'd be reluctant to move him before the summer. I really like having a back-up who can play 25-35 games without the team missing a beat and having him as an option in the playoffs.

Hopefully by next season Lack will be ready to take over Schneids' role behind Luo. Only way I'd move Corey this year is if we can get a real stud in return.

I'm not advocating we move Cody for a rental, but instead for a player who will stay here for a while. He definitely has some potential and may work out on the wing, but if we can get someone who is a better winger and can fit with Kes, I'd look to make that move.
Potatoe1 wrote: There is probably less then a 10% chance you will ever get a player as good as Chris Higens with a 3rd round pick so the fact we get him for essentialy 3 years can only be considered a huge win.
I have no problem moving lower round picks and even 3rd rounders for players who can play and will stay for more than a couple of months. It can be a gamble if a player isn't anything more than a rental, but moving those types of picks won't cripple you if you only miss on a couple of occasions. The moves Nonis and Burke made with their 2nd and 3rd rounders really depleted the prospect cupboard for a few years because the rentals didn't stay for the most part and there was a dearth of players to step in those roles internally over the next few seasons.
Potatoe1 wrote: Weber got a pass.
Yup, but now he's been fined and will be treated like a repeat offender from here on in. Next time a similar hit happens he'll be suspended.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
coco_canuck wrote: I wasn't assuming he won't be able to make the transition, but since we're in a window to win the cup, and we do need another legit top 6 forward, he may be our most realistic and valuable trade chip.
I think Schneider is the far better option.

I wonder about Hodgson in the short term but he's shown enough early to make one fairly optimistic about his long term impact. It's quite clear he has the high end offensive ability the team needs, he just needs to get bigger, stronger, faster, etc. We likely wont get equal value until he gets measurable results and if he gets those then we wouldn't trade him anyway.

Schneider on the other hand has basically no future with this club and has about as good a track record as he can get while playing in the back up role.

Gillis should keep Hodgson, let him continue to develop, and move Schneider for a quality forward who can help in the short term.
Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.

I like Coho too but he isn't likely to get any bigger or much faster at this stage. He could however get stronger.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:I guess we'll now see if Shanahan is going to...
Ummm SCROLL UP! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.
I'm almost certain if Gillis were to trade Schneids he'd bring in a very strong veteran backup rather than go with Lack.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.
I'm almost certain if Gillis were to trade Schneids he'd bring in a very strong veteran backup rather than go with Lack.
It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........
Agreed, just saying Lack wouldn't be the backup this year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........
UMMMM EXCUSE me but you didn't agree with yours truly that this team needs a little more testosterone did you ? Did you?

POSTER BLOB - E ..... sometimes i don't give myself enough credit on this here message board.

I kinda miss TAFKATT. :) I know he likes the rough and tumble hockey .
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
UMMMM EXCUSE me but you didn't agree with yours truly that this team needs a little more testosterone did you ? Did you?

POSTER BLOB - E ..... sometimes i don't give myself enough credit on this here message board.

The Artist Formally Known As The THINKER! :lol:

Yup, there's been quite a few of us screaming for true grit for a few years now.

Instead your Vancouver Canucks have become the most hated team in hockey. :scowl:

When the going gets TOUGH... for example in your STF... the TOUGH win the SC.

THINK about it! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

No references to the Don Docksteader All Stars, no references to Magic40. :(
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

mathonwy wrote:
No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

:lol: Don Docksteader All Stars...

parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

mathonwy wrote: No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

Sorry to be pedantic about it, but in this context that should read "two (2) of the greatest Canuck minds..."