GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote:Weise needs to go introduce himself to Tootoo.
What have you got against Weise ?

If he fights Tootoo he likely leaves on a stretcher . Pretty sad that the little chindian just mopped the floor with the Canucks toughest player.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

If he fights Tootoo he likely leaves on a stretcher . Pretty sad that the little chindian just mopped the floor with the Canucks toughest player.
I wanna see a Gordie Howe hatty
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Tootoo mopped the floor with Volpatti? Which fight you watching, Blobby? The beat down you got by some American in Linden Washington? Volpatti did pretty damn good with a very good fighter, tagged him early but got a little tied up but Tootoo never hurt him any.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I dont think tootoo mopped the floor at all.. decent exchange. We still look a litlle rusty but i like what i am seing, some hard hit as well. Luongo looking better
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

This is probably the most confident Salo has looked in a long time.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Weber looks pissed out there.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Maybe the league doesnt favour capfloor whores much..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Weber knows there's a suspension coming...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Tootoo mopped the floor with Volpatti? Which fight you watching, Blobby? The beat down you got by some American in Linden Washington? Volpatti did pretty damn good with a very good fighter, tagged him early but got a little tied up but Tootoo never hurt him any.
LOL.... that was in Mount Vernon Pacific Blue. How long you been sittin on that one ? yeah that guy beat the fuck out of me all right. But sizewise it was a bit of a mismatch.......think of Bieksa vs Laraque.

If the zebras didn't come in AV could have gotten hurt. He did buckle the chindian though....... but you can't hurt Tootoo. Dude kills whales with little spears.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: If the zebras didn't come in AV could have gotten hurt. He did buckle the chindian though....... but you can't hurt Tootoo. Dude kills whales with little spears.
Yeah right. Those blubber-chewers can't kill a whale with a speedboat and a .50 cal these days.

Volpatti is a really shitty hockey player.

Alberts was good tonight.

Luongo was good tonight.

I liked Weise on the forecheck. Got in the corners quick and threw his weight around once he got there.

Salo looks SO good right now. That's what will make it extra-frustrating when he punctures a lung at the breakfast table next week.

Hansen looked better. Malhotra is showing signs as well.

Bieksa has a bad habit of over-stickhandling the puck at the line for no apparent reason.

Edler has missed the net 317 times in a row so far this season. Too bad, because his shot is harder than ever.

Nice to see Henrik changing the PP look by firing from distance. With a slapper, no less! That definitely surprised the Nashville PK.

What a fucking shot by Kesler on the bouncing saucer job.

We had some lucky ones tonight, but that's the way it goes. Time to string some wins together.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

How is it sad, Tootoo is as tough as they come in the 200lb range.

And that fight was a long way from 1 sided. Tootoo won but I suspect he spent a little time with the doctors between periods.

He may not be the best fighter but Volpatti throws bombs. Most guys wouldn't have been able to take the shots that Tootoo did early.

Shame Volp isn't a better player.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'm not particularly concerned about having top fighters on the roster. That's not really the type of toughness we need, IMO.

But for entertainment purposes, yeah, I'd love to see TooToo get his Down's Syndrome-afflicted face caved in.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

How is it sad, Tootoo is as tough as they come in the 200lb range.

And that fight was a long way from 1 sided. Tootoo won but I suspect he spent a little time with the doctors between periods.

He may not be the best fighter but Volpatti throws bombs. Most guys wouldn't have been able to take the shots that Tootoo did early.

Shame Volp isn't a better player.
Bieksa might have something to say about that... BTW, did Rypien ever fight Tootoo?? It could have been one heck of bout.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

tantalum wrote:Bieksa has already pissed me off 3 times tonight.

Twice with soft passes on the PP which killed any chance of puck movement around the zone and once with his belly flop to the ice on the PK taking himself out of the play. Playing lazy again.
Bieksa has reverted back to "Casual Kev" so far this season. I hope that he starts playing better soon and live up to his contract...
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Jovocop wrote:
tantalum wrote:Bieksa has already pissed me off 3 times tonight.

Twice with soft passes on the PP which killed any chance of puck movement around the zone and once with his belly flop to the ice on the PK taking himself out of the play. Playing lazy again.
Bieksa has reverted back to "Casual Kev" so far this season. I hope that he starts playing better soon and live up to his contract...
Give it 3 years.