GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Postby BCReefer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 pm

ukcanuck wrote:malhotra =4
sturm-3
bieksa-3
hanson -3
ballard-4

After 5 games here are your the goats. bring out the firing squad blind in one eye, hobbled by knee surgeries, slowed by fat wallet syndrome, the worst trade in Canucks history and who ever said Danes could play NHL hockey anyway ?

Then there is Red light Roberto, 3 11 3.61 85 .871 over three games !? Thats 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11...wow how do we get this millstone off our backs?

or

fuck it, its only 5 games in lets see in 25 where we are at.
Although if i was Ballard I would be wanting to work on my plus/minus after the long stay with beethoven last season I dont think I'd want the worst minus on the team at any point of the year.

If I was Ballard I would ask to play with the 1st or 2nd line instead of the scrubs on the third line. The D's +/- are based a lot on how well the forwards come back and right now the Canucks are horrible in their end. I like your comment on Luongo, Sturm so far is been nothing short of a complete failure, will wait until the 10 game mark to see how it changes.

Luongo - for freaks sakes man, stay up and quit flopping around no the ice.
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Postby T-BONE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 pm

I was at the game last night, so just a few thoughts.

We were sitting just to the left of the oilers primary net, so we got a real good look at Salo's bomb. Wow, that shot could've killed somebody. An absolute rocket.

Luongo was better. Not great, but getting better. The goal I really didn't like was the second one. There was no traffic, he should've been able to track that puck and failed to do it.

Volpatti bouncing back after it looked like Sutton won was just awesome!

That Oilers kid line is going to be one of the best lines in the league in a few years. Things got scary everytime they were on the ice.

The Nucks were staying at our hotel. We had our jerseys on and hung out in the lobby as they were coming down to lad the bus. We're not the type of people to harass them so most players just walked by. But Luongo approached us of his own free will and chatted for a few seconds. Very cool and classy!
T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:20 pm

T-BONE wrote:The Nucks were staying at our hotel. We had our jerseys on and hung out in the lobby as they were coming down to lad the bus. We're not the type of people to harass them so most players just walked by. But Luongo approached us of his own free will and chatted for a few seconds. Very cool and classy!

That's pretty awesome. Looked like there were a few Canuck fans at the game last night.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:58 pm

T-BONE wrote:I was at the game last night

Question. Was it a Nuck fan who threw that hat out after the announcement?? :mex:

Last edited by Strangelove on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 pm

trouble wrote:That was pretty funny about hordi, saying he was gonna get in the Canucks faces and get taken out in his first shift

Yes, that was HILARIOUS!!!

As was CBC's night-long display of love for the Coilers.

LOL omg orgasms were had....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:
trouble wrote:That was pretty funny about hordi, saying he was gonna get in the Canucks faces and get taken out in his first shift

Yes, that was HILARIOUS!!!

As was CBC's night-long display of love for the Coilers.

LOL omg orgasms were had....

well lubed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby T-BONE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:
T-BONE wrote:I was at the game last night

Question. Was it a Nuck fan who threw that hat out after the announcement?? :mex:

Ah, glad you asked as I forgot to mention that in my original post. The guy who threw it was in the same section as me and he was in fact an Oiler fan (or at least he was dressed as one). Dumbass is lucky he didn't cost his team a penalty.
T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Postby T-BONE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
T-BONE wrote:The Nucks were staying at our hotel. We had our jerseys on and hung out in the lobby as they were coming down to lad the bus. We're not the type of people to harass them so most players just walked by. But Luongo approached us of his own free will and chatted for a few seconds. Very cool and classy!

That's pretty awesome. Looked like there were a few Canuck fans at the game last night.

It was pretty amazing. We were completely star struck, I must admit. And yes,there was a fairly large contingent of Nucks fans as usually happens in the Alberta games. As far I could see, things remained pretty civilized before, during, and after the game which is always good.
T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Postby KeyserSoze » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 am

BCReefer wrote:If I was Ballard I would ask to play with the 1st or 2nd line instead of the scrubs on the third line. The D's +/- are based a lot on how well the forwards come back and right now the Canucks are horrible in their end

And if I was Aaron Volpatti I would ask to play with the Sedins instead of the scrubs on the fourth line.

Keep in mind that although he might not be playing with the Sedins up front all that often, he is not often playing against the other teams best players either.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am

Corb wrote:I likes Dubnyk's strategy of literally not moving. :roll:

Here's a question, did Rollie Melansson play on his face most games? Just curious.

I remember he moved on at least one Canuck goal.

He was on his belly.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum