R4G4 - Canucks @ Ruins - 5pm - Wednesday

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R4G4 - Canucks @ Ruins - 5pm - Wednesday

Post by Cornuck »

Ballard.... falling down and waiting for the call? In the Finals?? WTF? I normally won't rag on a guy, but that was pathetic and let to the 3rd goal.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Puck's bouncing around like crazy. Advantage Boston.

I get why we're struggling with the skilll game but I would have liked to see some pushback from our grinders. No one's look good tonight, IMO.

Think we're getting outplayed but Luongo's got to make 2 of those 3 saves. I mean none of them were horrendous but he hasn't come up with a single big save. Very disappointed in his effort tonight.

Best we can hope for is to score on the powerplay and dominate the third to send a message that the team with the best powerplay, 3rd best PK, and far and away the best record hasn't disappeared completely!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Cornuck wrote:Ballard.... falling down and waiting for the call? In the Finals?? WTF? I normally won't rag on a guy, but that was pathetic and let to the 3rd goal.
Ballard has been atrocious this game. Probably because I've been lobbyign to have him in.

In his defense, he looks incredibly rusty but would have been nice if he were really able to step up his game.

Makes you appreciate Hamhuis I guess.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Luongo is not much worse than the whole team playing shit in front of him..

There must be something in east water, at least we got the last game at home.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

1 last thing, if somebody's named Tim Thomas out there, make sure not meeting me in the next 24 hours..
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:So, Hamhuis is really crucial apparently because Edler, Bieksa, Alberts, Ballard and Salo sure look like shit tonight. Lou shoulda had both, but... somehow I can't pin this on him when the D is that bad.
D was lost tonight, just brutal. A comedy of errors from top to bottom.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Ok.. Luongo and the Sedins completely shit the bed for 2 games.. Kesler obviously playing injured.. The D without Hamhuis not doing the job.. AV making bad decisions ( Luongo should have been pulled at 3-0 game before ) So , what was good the last 2 games?
1) Maholtra coming back and one of the few forwards not looking like shite.
2) Hansen/ Torres .. best forward line by a mile.
3) Schneider doing a good job in relief..
4) Neither Shirikov, Hodgson or Tanev made a mistake :lol: though maybe AV did by not playing them..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is Oreskovich looking good because everyone else is looking bad - or is just looking good these last 2 games?

I think the refs have lost control of this series, and the extra slashes and hits and bs from both teams (ok, mostly the Ruins) is changing this series. It will be interesting to see how the games are called back in Vancouver.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Nice. I thought I said the time was now. Apparently they weren't listening. Such a huge swing from 3-1 to 2-2. I don't think we would have been surprised to learn that going into game 5 we would be tied, but to get there in this manner? Yikes. It sure reminds me of the first round...and we have one less game in hand this time.

Is this a coaching issue? What? Sedins were very effective in game one. Lu was great for games 1 and 2. I suppose we can point fingers at ALL the forwards since we've scored once in the last two, but what's going on? What's with the D? What's changed? Is this a case of effective adjustments by the Bruins or just an absolute face-plant by the boys in blue and green?
The Blue Fairy
AHL Prospect

Post by The Blue Fairy »

I could swear I was watching Blues hockey tonight. I can't believe what I was watching. The defense was just not there. No support for the goalie what so ever. Even slow line changes resulting in turnovers. Lou should have been pulled a lot sooner. Its sends a message to the team. I am deeply concerned about this.

Think Schnieder should be the starter for the next game. It worked last time.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Decided at the last minute to give up game 4 tickets for game 6...long time Canuck hockey fan intuition? 8-)

I know the Clamster has a big hard on for him but Julien has to be the biggest piece of shit ever to have his players playing like that with all the cheap shots and classless gestures...and Cherry and Milbury will defend them forever...the media is making the Canucks the bad guys?! Oh well, that's life at the top...only one way to shut them up :mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

the toucan kid wrote:So, Hamhuis is really crucial apparently
Yep. It would seem so. When the Sharks knocked out Ehrhoff and Alberts, I remember thinking "as long as Hamhuis remains healthy" we should be ok. When you watch him play he has that Niedermayer-like calmness. I think he's crucial to our stability on the blue line.

Well, 2-2 is fine. It's just the way they got there that concerns me.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Anyone still wondering why Rome has been chosen over Ballard for the past while? You could see it last night.. but I'll give hiim the fact he's not played much and hey the whole D was awful.

This series is so much deja vu all over again eh? Wow right down to the rallying hit.

No impressed with the ruins getting away with what they are. Unreal shit.. right from tim the tool using his stick to the roughing up just trying to get off the ice on a line change! What the fuck is up with that?

chicago's emotion lasted for two games then pettered out.. I sure hope boston's compete takes a bit of a breather.

Game on now eh? :twisted:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Is there ANY news about Hamhuis at all? Do we know he's out for good or what??

Man no matter how many D's we get and rest we provide ourselves it never seems to be enough.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

What Tiger? The Twins did just fine. Can't beat a hot goalie every night.

As for Hamhuis, if he ain't skating at practice before game 4... boy this better be a Malhotra type miracle to get him back. And all for a bleeping stupid hit. Not to mention the number of shitty reads Bieksa and Edler made because they were looking for same :roll: