R4G2 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm Sat.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R4G2 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm Sat.

Post by Cornuck »

Another game day thread a day early - I hope you don't mind.

We saw a lot of good things in Game 1. Not a great game from the fans standpoint, but that's to be expected. By most accounts, it took about 40 minutes for the Canucks to get moving again after having a week off.

I don't think that Chara proved to be the huge game changer many of us were expecting. I think he's looking pretty slow out there. Thomas will need to be near perfect to keep the Bruins in this game. I don't know if moving to Boston will help their cause much.

I think we need a good series from the Sedins, but they don't have to be spectacular. As long as they end up plus players and take care of the Bruins top checkers, and maybe pot a few - they'll have had a good series.

Anyways, so far, so good - I like the Canucks' chances in Game 2.

GO CANUCKS GO!

In the Hockey gods we trust - amen.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: R4G2 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm Sat.

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I didn't know there was a game day forum here. I found it kind of odd that there were no posts about the games on the main forum. *LOL*

Still early, but it sounds like there will be 2 changes. Malhotra will make his playoff debut and Alberts will step in for Hammer.

LB: heard u on the Bill Good show today. Good Job! :)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^Try using this link for most recent posts: search.php?search_id=newposts
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Hammer could be a HUGE problem. Be interested to see Bieksa without him. Might be, well sorta anyway, a good thing as far as knowing what Bieksa is actually worth for the off-season I guess.

Be great to see Manny in though.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Looks like we'll see Alberts in for Hamhuis.
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

If the Canucks play like they did in game one then they will be OK. I expect a faster game tonight now that the week off cobwebs have worn off and that will benefit us. Get that powerplay going again Vancouver!

Man these are exciting times!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:Hammer could be a HUGE problem. Be interested to see Bieksa without him. Might be, well sorta anyway, a good thing as far as knowing what Bieksa is actually worth for the off-season I guess.
I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. We played all season missing a defenseman or two, including Hamhuis. We battled through all those injuries and I expect the same now.
Hopefully Alberts is ready to come in and play a simple game and throw a few big hits.

It'll be awesome to see Manny back at 'er. Could be very valuable in the circle.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I saw a different game one than alot of people. I've heard comments that it might not have been the greatest game, I'll agree but for different reasons'. I don't jugde the 1-0 score.. the best games ever have (and always will be) low scoring.

What I saw was a rusty Canucks team, passing was off, work ethic not quite up to their par and speed was down.. but having said that the game for me was entertaining big time becuase the outcome was in doubt, and there were brilliant chances with even more brilliant saves.

The Bruins will probably bring more tonight, but unfortunately the Canucks have alot more to dish out than the Bruins, so I'm gonna say this game is closer to 4-0 than 1-0.

Go Canucks Go!! :D
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

woodhog wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:
It'll be awesome to see Manny back at 'er. Could be very valuable in the circle.
Last I heard he was game time decision.. at what time does he need to announce? Is it one hour?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Enjoy the game everyone! I'll be back later to leave some drunken comments. :cheers:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A + if Maholtra is in.. offsets Hamhuis being out..
Guess they are thinking its going to be a rough game so put in Alberts ( big body = big hits ) ?

Looking for another low scoring game.. maybe 2-1 .
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

BURROWS MY MAN!!!

I'm so frustrated I have to sit here and celebrate the win all by myself at 5am... I really envy all of you who can be part of this amazing run, out on the streets and in the bars of Vancouver. Would have loved to be there... Happy for you all though! You've waited a long time.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A great game.. storybook finish.. Burrows.. :) :) :)... again a game winner. Both teams playing stronger than game 1.. incredible hockey.. Kudo's to 2 BC boys .. Rechi n Lucic.. Manny was great on faceoffs.. OT game.. damm its good to be a Canucks fan tonight :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:Enjoy the game everyone! I'll be back later to leave some drunken comments. :cheers:
Fuck yeah, was drink'n a mixed pack of Big Rock & Steam Whistle pilsner tonight as well as the German style Keller Bier http://www.creemoresprings.com/live/kellerbier.php

Burrows...a Ball Hockey God...what can I say... 8-)

:drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Bret H wrote:BURROWS MY MAN!!!

I'm so frustrated I have to sit here and celebrate the win all by myself at 5am... .
Hey man! I am with you and the rest of us around the world! YYAAAAHHHHHH