R4G1 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: R4G1 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm

Post by LotusBlossom »

juggerknot wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Luo outplayed Thomas....freak'n brilliant!
Not sure that I fully agree, but I will say that Luongo made a bunch of difficult saves and made them look easy; Thomas made a bunch of difficult saves, and made them look, well...difficult.

Were the first and second so fundamentally different from the third that we went from a parade to the box to whistles in the pocket? A lot of marginal calls both ways tonight. Boston's PP got shots tonight, but didn't look dangerous - mostly because Luongo controlled his rebounds well.

Still, the better team tonight won the game. Win #13 with the winner by #13 - too bad he couldn't have waited another 5.5 seconds!
I am going to defend Luongo here a bit.

First off he took big strides to make his game and style more efficient, and less acrobatic. In doing so, he looks less 'spectacular' than Thomas in making similar saves but cutting down on injury issues, energy spent and being more practical with his movement.

Thomas was brilliant yes, but with the style he plays, he makes it look as juggerknot said,"difficult". As the series progresses and Luongo gets more into a groove, I could see this being a downside for the Bruins.

Not a spectacular game, but the Canucks and Bruins are feeling each other out and I am really looking forward to game 2.

I was on the end of the ice when Raffi Torres scored the game winner, and because of my vantage point (press level) I saw the play develop. Ryan Kesler made that play happen and Jannik Hansen's patience with the pass was gorgeous. Good time for Torres. I did a Mexican hat dance upstairs at the arena bar in honour of the goal.

I was expecting OT but I am so glad it didn't happen. 1 win down, 3 to go.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R4G1 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm

Post by Cornuck »

Hmmmm... Maybe we are 'Canada's Team' after all.
According to the CBC, Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Canucks and Boston Bruins was the highest rated NHL game in the long history of the network. Ever. The Canucks' 1-0 victory attracted 5.6 million viewers, which surpassed the previous mark of 4.96 million set in 1994 when the Canucks lost Game 7 of the final to the New York Rangers.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."