R3G5 - Canucks host host Sharks & Refs - 6pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R3G5 - Canucks host host Sharks & Refs - 6pm

Post by Cornuck »

The "Apex predators" and "killers of killers" are in their local waters tonight hosting the "great crowd of cowards" (ya gotta watch video).

At some point in the series, the refs have to let these team play. Let's hope it's tonight.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: R3G5 - Canucks host host Sharks & Refs - 6pm

Post by LotusBlossom »

Will be in Gastown watching the game tonight. Lil Blossom and MR LB have game rights tonight.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Watching the game from home, so no cottage curse tonight.

Watching the TSN preview, Ferraro came up with a good point that got me thinking. He compared Luongo's save on Sharp, similar to building momentum like McLean's did against Calgary in '94, although not as spectacular. I wonder if we'll be talking about that save 10 years from now like we do about McLean's.

GO CANUCKS GO !!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Watching the TSN preview, Ferraro came up with a good point that got me thinking. He compared Luongo's save on Sharp, similar to building momentum like McLean's did against Calgary in '94, although not as spectacular. I wonder if we'll be talking about that save 10 years from now like we do about McLean's.
Nope. Although, for all intents and purposes, wasn't it the same? Fascinating (Seriously I don't know how to explain it).

Honestly, this IS the one where I think we've got too high (for BC no less)... yes, we win tonight we're in the finals, but I feel if we aren't in the finals after tonight, we're in real trouble.

That said, I think good things will happen.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:
Nope. Although, for all intents and purposes, wasn't it the same? Fascinating (Seriously I don't know how to explain it).
No as in we won't be talking about it or no it wasn't as big?

Here's another question for all of us to ponder. When the Canucks win this series, does Hank touch Campbell trophy or leave the celebration for the big one. Personally, I say don't touch it. Linden touched it last time and it didn't work. Switch things up.

(Yes I'm superstitious like that)
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote: Honestly, this IS the one where I think we've got too high (for BC no less)... yes, we win tonight we're in the finals, but I feel if we aren't in the finals after tonight, we're in real trouble.
Again, just like last series, whether we win or lose tonight I don't really care (but I will take the win). What I am worrying about is just playing well. We play well for 3 games and San Jose won't win the series. If we hand them one here or there then they can. Play hard, play smart and play well and the outcome will be right sooner or later. (We couldn't say that the last 40 years because we didn't have a team that could win without a big heaping of luck or self-destruction of the opposition).
juggerknot
CC Rookie

Post by juggerknot »

the toucan kid wrote: Nope. Although, for all intents and purposes, wasn't it the same? Fascinating (Seriously I don't know how to explain it).
I'll venture guesses for a few reasons:
  • Sharp's was a bang-bang play. Although the Burrows penalty gave us all that sense of doom, the save itself happened in a flash. The Save was at the tail end of a 3-on-1 from the far blueline.
  • We weren't supposed to win in '94; had Calgary scored, no one would have been surprised. The Save, therefore, further cemented the feeling of "destiny", event at the time.
  • Although we're talking about minute degrees of difference here, I think McLean's save, in and of itself, was the tougher of the two (Fleury had three options coming in on the break).
  • Lastly, the Save came in the third straight game where the Canucks faced possible elimination off a bad bounce (cough - Joel Otto - cough); we, as fans, had been on the edge of our seats over and over and over.
To the game at hand, I will be surprised if the Canucks don't close it out tonight. Lessons learned and all that.

Anyway, go Canucks! 17 years since "Greg Adams, Greg Adams!"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hoping for a little more offence this game.. and NO Lou's goaltending isn't the reason this team is headed for the finals.. 82 was King Richard . 94 Capt Kirk... The Save was made against a team that finished way higher in the league !! 1 great save by Lou just doesn't measure up.. This years Canucks are top of the league though some games you can't see it :)

Go Canucks.. finish in 5.. or if its Salo.. Finnish in 5 :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Does Fin's head always smoke like that or was he on fire?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Very timely goal by Kesler but this is definitely not good for my heart.

Sedins have been great this game, the other lines have not really had any pressure in the Sharks end. Too bad Henrik gave up the puck to Pavelski to start the third. All forgotten if we win in OT though.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I call Higgins with the winner.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Have to go with Burrows...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Bieksa says BYE SUCKA to the Sharks.

THE CANUCKS ARE OFF TO THE STANLEY UP FINALS.

And how about Roberto Luongo? 50-something saves...
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

I was wrong... but I'll take it! :-)

STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!! Hope the team isn't as satisfied as I am right now because then they might not be able to regroup.