R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

Post by Cornuck »

Not much to be said going into this one. I only hope that the refs don't ruin another game. The Sharks 'shouldn't' be as pumped up to start the game, and this one should be played closer as it's a such a pivotal game. Game 3 was a do-or-die for the Sharks and they showed up ready to play. Some pressure is off them, I can see this being a good game.

The Canucks just have to play steady consistent hockey and forget about game 3.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Cornuck wrote:Game 3 was a do-or-die for the Sharks and they showed up ready to play.
I think game 4 isn't really different for them. Going down 1:3 in the series could be deadly in their point of view.

Go Canucks Go, eat'em bust'em... :towel:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Beers on the afternoon of a long weekend? Sure.

I'm guessing Ehrhoff and Rome are out. I guess that also means Ballard and Alberts draw in. That makes me a little nervous, but if the Canucks can stay out of the box and play like they did in the second half of game 3, I'm confident they'll take it.

GoCanucks Go!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Linden Is God wrote:I'm guessing Ehrhoff and Rome are out. I guess that also means Ballard and Alberts draw in. That makes me a little nervous, but if the Canucks can stay out of the box and play like they did in the second half of game 3, I'm confident they'll take it.
As long as they are not long term injuries, I'll be happy. Ballard has a good offensive side that he hasn't shown us yet, and I hope Alberts shows his toughness and grit early on without going out of position. Tanev and Parent get bumped to being our spare Dmen, and at this point in the playoffs, I hope we don't have to play them.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Already pumped. Played an inlinehockey regular season game this afternoon and after trailing 1:4 we've won this fuckin game 6:5.... i want to see this from our Canucks hell yeah. :mrgreen:

Go Canucks take your heart in your hands.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

High noon about 10 minutes over, Gary Cooper already had 3 assists. :lol:

Go Canucks Go
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

We're going to win this game. Ray got a bonafide chance, Bxa another, wethered the small pussies on pp, both on Tanner weren't penalties shit..
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm guessing BXA and Hamhuis will be playing near 27 minutes this game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

This is a penalty ? Torres hit him like an ox but he has the puck in his feet and Torres just did nothing wrong... shit.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Hey Cookie, how awesome is it to be able to watch the Canucks game live at a reasonable hour!?

Love those noon start times ;)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Charging is a rule on the books, Torres needs to read it. With no time left, why take the chance given the EXTRAORDINARILY over the top reffing. Ruining the bloody series. I wonder what kinda show these two teams could put on if they were actually allowed to play?
Love those noon start times ;)
Happy for you guys, but I was just having coffee, too early for the beer fridge. Sigh, goofy time to be playing a hockey game.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Charging for sure, his eggs or what ? :mrgreen:

Jamie, indeed a good time right now. Luongo shutout....

Nothing is too early for a good matinee. I got 7 in the morning and 8 now, go canucks go.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Found this buried on NHL.com
Press Release

Gary Bettman, commissioner, has informed all referees that in order to enhance parity and increase income for team owners, all penalty calls should go towards the team that that is losing the series. Additionally, all calls should go towards the losing team in the 3rd period of all games.

Mr. Bettman was quoted as saying, "All the fans love the games to be close, and it is our duty to the great fans of the NHL that we make this happen for them.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

You could buy that some nights, Corny, you certainly could.

This is a crying shame. I want to watch a hockey game not this horse shit. MG is going to go off. Get your 25 grand worth Mike, because they deserve it this time.

Hate to shit on Ballard when he hasn't played in a couple weeks, but he looks completely lost. Going to have to start over with him in the off-season.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

This is getting crazy... five penalties already. Luckily the PK is sharp tonight!