G2G6 - Canucks @ Nashville - 5pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: G2G6 - Canucks @ Nashville - 5pm

Post by Tiger »

Linden Is God wrote:
dr.dork wrote:
Sedins were better, but they, like everyone else, was nowhere near Kesler.
I think there's only 2 players out there that you can say come CLOSE to what Kesler is doing right now and that's Datsyuk and St. Louis.
Be interesting if its either Datsyuk or Kesler for both the Selke and the Conn Smythe..
Great check by Tambellini and I actually saw a Sedin block a shot :) other than better play by the Sedin line it was again the Kesler show ..

if its the Sharks next it will be a more entertaining game and the Sedin line should come through ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
juggerknot
CC Rookie

Post by juggerknot »

OK, I've lurked this board long enough...

I've been watching the Canucks since as long as I can remember. I was in diapers for the '82 run but have seen every series since Otto kicked it in in OT.

With all respect to Trevor Linden against the Rangers, Kesler's performance in this series was hands down the most dominant performance by a Canuck in a playoff series I have ever seen. Probably the most dominant series by any player in recent playoff history.

Honestly, it looked like there were two or three of him out there all series long. I can't think of a mistake that he made, a shift he took off, over six games. We just witnessed something special.

As for tonight's game, it was nice to see the Canucks capitalizing on a "bounce" (the borderline diving call on Tootoo); and it was good to see them keep the foot on the gas for almost all of the 3rd; even though they didn't score, they didn't sit back either.

Never been a Detroit fan, but I'll cheer for them tomorrow night.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hey Jugs - welcome to the board. I have to agree, Kesler is on another plane of hockey existence and is carrying this team.

He might not be "the best Canuck of all time" - but he is making his case in these playoffs.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Cornuck wrote:He might not be "the best Canuck of all time" - but he is making his case in these playoffs.
Maybe he will be, just a matter of time and circumstances.

Go Canucks Go, hopefully against the winner of game 7 Sharks/Red Wings, let them beat up each other for 2 more games.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

juggerknot wrote: With all respect to Trevor Linden against the Rangers, Kesler's performance in this series was hands down the most dominant performance by a Canuck in a playoff series I have ever seen. Probably the most dominant series by any player in recent playoff history.
Welcome to the board, and thanks for this!

I totally agree. Ryan Kesler carried this team through the second round. All due respect to Joel Ward for his strong play for Nashville putting pucks in the net, but his was the more typical playoff breakout. Kesler dominated all over the ice, everytime he was out there.

He's a man possessed and I don't think there's anyone playing as complete hockey at the moment. The guy is literally doing it all. HNIC said last night he was in on something like 11 of the 14 Canuck goals this series? That's 78%, folks. I'm sure other teams will look at it as though they only have to shut down one guy, but as the Nashville coaches told him in the handshake, they just couldn't find a way to do that.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Kesler is managing to take over hockey games like a basketball star can take over games. I've rarely seen that in hockey.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Overall yes, Kesler is the Man. But to put something in perspective, nobody can win on his own.

Just watched last nights game and congratulations to the whole team. Never seen such an ugly, dirty win to complete a series. :mrgreen: Honestly you can't point out anyone, it just was a total destruction machine. Some could say we beat them by their own strenghts.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Before we start sainting Kesler lets see him sustain this through the finals. I'm onboard w/ his performance in the 2nd round but we have to put things in perspective. Linden's performance in '94 was nothing short of spectacular and that was over the course of FOUR rounds. So far Kesler was solid but unspectacular in the first round and legendary in the 2nd. Linden brought it right till the very in the finals, scored BOTH of our goals in the 7th game. Kesler hasn't got there *yet*. IF he maintains this play and we win the Cup or come close I'd be ready to compare them and tip my hat to Kesler. Right now we're only half way there.

8 more wins and none will come easy.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

:look: i missed ya round 3.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucklehead_88 wrote::look: i missed ya round 3.
me too! I can't wait. So excited for game one, and Game 4 in either Detroit or SJ, I'm going! WOOOOOOT
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It was a great game. Finally. I think nashville gave it all for 60 but no matter what they did the Canucks did a bit more.

When nashville got their goal I'm sure we were all thinking oh oh, now here they come and we've gotta hold on. Well not so I think to everyone's surprise the Canucks then pushed even harder. Remember throughout the years when we'd play a great team, get a goal on them but instead of gaining the expected momentum that team would just come at you harder after the face off? It seems we are that team now. Whatever we gained in getting rid of the hawks sure seems to be showing now; albeit we seem to be doing those gains with two steps forward, one step backward (game 5)

Anyways I'll also echo the sentiments above Hello round 3! :-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Wow. A game, and a whole series just as expected. Dirty, hard gritty hockey. But one of the few times where I have never had any doubt that the Canucks would not win the series. Nashville is a hard working team, but one of the few teams in the league that doesn't have an overdrive gear, and who can still beat you if you play your A game, which the Canucks did all series. It was one of the greatest lunchpail series of all time.

Bring on the Sharks, and the entertainment!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!