R2G5 - Canucks host Nashville - 5pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: R2G5 - Canucks host Nashville - 5pm - CBC, VS

Post by woodhog »

LotusBlossom wrote:
woodhog wrote:LB, are you at this game? Seems like it.
Honestly, I was. It took a lot of convincing from Mr. LB and he didn't want to waste a $375 playoff round ticket.

If there is a game 7, I'm nowhere near the building.
Aha! I knew it! :)
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote: Well, but don't you think for a Sedin combo that is so reliant on passing, that a d-pairing that sees them every game for two weeks is going to learn to anticipate the passes and find the other twin quickly better than playing them four times over several months? Is that maybe why the Twins have had trouble in the playoffs? Who knows.
Yeah, I suppose that could be true, to an extent. But all the teams in their division see them 8 times a year, year in year out, and the Sedins don't seem hampered by them very much.
Players go on fluke runs all the time in the playoffs, they also fall off the map. It actually happens in the regular season all the time, so I'm constantly surprised about the aura that surrounds streaks in the playoffs.
Sure, there's obviously a little luck involved in any streak but it doesn't happen without a lot of extra effort and a little more willingness to go to the "dirty areas". You know, picking up your game a couple of notches for the playoffs.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Sure, there's obviously a little luck involved in any streak but it doesn't happen without a lot of extra effort and a little more willingness to go to the "dirty areas". You know, picking up your game a couple of notches for the playoffs.
I guess, it's just that, we expect most guys to have their best efforts on most nights, so when things start going really well for a decent player or really poorly for a great player, I typically think it's a matter of health and luck above all else.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:
I guess, it's just that, we expect most guys to have their best efforts on most nights, so when things start going really well for a decent player or really poorly for a great player, I typically think it's a matter of health and luck above all else.
Kesler is more than a decent player, seems in great health and isn't relying on luck. He is "in the zone" right now. We saw it at the Olympics and we're seeing it now. This guy has a gear isn't 'regular issue' for the rest of the league.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Kesler is more than a decent player, seems in great health and isn't relying on luck. He is "in the zone" right now. We saw it at the Olympics and we're seeing it now. This guy has a gear isn't 'regular issue' for the rest of the league.
He's a great player and he's playing like it. I was more referring to how a player like that can (and did) go so ice cold goal wise for a chunk of the season or not score until so late in the playoffs... luck.