R2G5 - Canucks host Nashville - 5pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: R2G5 - Canucks host Nashville - 5pm - CBC, VS

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
we got 3 winning lines.. and the Sedins
Twins had some great shifts, don't know what you're talking about.
Sorry, but if you don't know what he's talking about, you don't know a fucking thing.
Open your goddamn eyes Toucan.
The Sedin's are shitting the bed big time.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Twins had 4 lousy shifts and on those shifts the Predators put in 4 goals.. They don't backcheck.. Please watch the game more closely Toucan..
The guy using +/- is calling on someone to watch the game more closely :lol:

Anyway, I did watch this one start to finish, in HD, and I thought the Twins were excellent for several shifts, and bad really on only one of the goals. Effectively what I'm saying is, they're playing as well as they can play when they don't produce. I'm not sure if it's luck or, what I think, Hank is hurt, but no the Twins aren't going to be our best players without points. That's a stupid way to assess their game, because they aren't two-way players.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Sorry, but if you don't know what he's talking about, you don't know a fucking thing.
Open your goddamn eyes Toucan.
The Sedin's are shitting the bed big time.
Again, the difference between the Twins now and two months ago, are pucks going in the net. I have always made clear that I think they're one dimensional players, and they are, and when the points aren't there, then they will look invisible. For anyone to expect them to do what Kesler is doing away from the puck is just flat out stupid. THEY CAN'T. Now what I did see, were some shifts where they held the puck in the zone for a long time, had several chances, and one hopes that that will eventually lead to goals. That's a positive sign, so I have to say they weren't too bad tonight at what they can do, because they are what they are, players that rely on offensive zone cycling and puck dominance to create intricate passing schemes and shot opportunities. If seeing those schemes every night means you can shut them down, then maybe they will never be great playoff players, but I can't say they aren't trying or anything.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
The guy using +/- is calling on someone to watch the game more closely :lol:
By the way, sometimes +/- does mean something.
Like when your line is on the ice for 4 against and doesn't produce even 1.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

That's a stupid way to assess their game, because they aren't two-way players.
So, you think its ok for the Twins to hang out on the blue line and let 2 dmen + Burrows defend against 4..or 5 Preds? And its the only measurement that counts at the end of the day.. They score 0 goals.. and are on the ice for all 4? You call that a decent game by them? They are supposed to be 2 way players.. look at their stats..Watch more closely.. They are not battlers..and tonight they had a lousy game..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Well, I'll say this. We can't continue to be a one-line offense.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote: I have always made clear that I think they're one dimensional players, and they are. For anyone to expect them to do what Kesler is doing away from the puck is just flat out stupid. THEY CAN'T.
Are you trying to say that they could use a bit more GRIT :lol: ?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

By the way, sometimes +/- does mean something.
Like when your line is on the ice for 4 against and doesn't produce even 1.
So if Hamhuis stuffs the puck in his own net, a - should go to everyone else on the ice?

Let me put it this way, over the course of their careers, if the twins were way less than point a game players, what would there +/- be... piss poor. They're pure production based players. Now they came damn near scoring on several shifts, so for them, that's a decent effort. I don't think they were flagrantly inept around the rink, usually steady, and they did get scored on, but break the plays down a bit. I wouldn't say they were at fault specifically, although you could argue one or two.
So, you think its ok for the Twins to hang out on the blue line and let 2 dmen + Burrows defend against 4..or 5 Preds? And its the only measurement that counts at the end of the day.. They score 0 goals.. and are on the ice for all 4? You call that a decent game by them? They are supposed to be 2 way players.. look at their stats..Watch more closely.. They are not battlers..and tonight they had a lousy game..
I'm going to take it you didn't read my post? Are you somehow expecting the Twins to perform some metamorphosis into Bobby Clarke clones? Fundamentally, they aren't good enough skaters to play the game you want them too.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

:lol: Good line, but no. Just that if there's any players that you can label absolutely as "they are what they are" it's the twins. I think this team needs more goals, and the Twins took a positive step tonight toward bucking their slump. If it ain't a slump, well we're dead already, just a matter of when death comes a knocking.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
:lol: Good line, but no.
If you seriously don't think that the Sedins would be better players, particularly in the playoffs, with more GRIT in their game, then like I said previously, you don't know a fucking thing.

These guys are both Art Ross winners and they've almost completely disappeared in the playoffs. Anyone who thinks it's acceptable for them to have a couple of dominant shifts in a possible final game (at home) where they fail to get even one point is delusional.

Pretty sad when your supposed top two players are being consistantly shown up by the second line center.

Face it, our Swedish Captain and his Brother are proving their critics right so far.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

If you seriously don't think that the Sedins would be better players, particularly in the playoffs, with more GRIT in their game, then like I said previously, you don't know a fucking thing.
If you seriously think that's what I'm arguing, then you don't know how to fucking read.

This is incredible! You expect the Twins to play like entirely different players. Okay then... Essentially what you're asking is no more reasonable than asking Tanner Glass to turn into a point a game player.
Anyone who thinks it's acceptable for them to have a couple of dominant shifts in a possible final game (at home) where they fail to get even one point is delusional.
Well that's just blatantly misstating my observation. I stated A) The Twins are exclusively offensively gifted players, phenomenally so B) They are mediocre skaters and not physical players C) To be effective they need to score D) They haven't been scoring E) That they nearly scored on multiple shifts is a positive step towards finding their game, therefore a plus F) To expect an apple to become an orange is stupid.
Face it, our Swedish Captain and his Brother are proving their critics right so far.
Cheap shot about the nationality, and frankly a bit embarrassing. Alas, what critics? I guess I am one (reputedly) or was one or whatever, and simply put, they're scorers, they need to score, quite pretending they could be something else.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

If you seriously think that's what I'm arguing, then you don't know how to fucking read.
You said it right here :
Are you trying to say that they could use a bit more GRIT ?

Good line, but no.
Anyone who thinks it's acceptable for them to have a couple of dominant shifts in a possible final game (at home) where they fail to get even one point is delusional.

Well that's just blatantly misstating my observation.

Sounds to me like you think it's acceptable:
the toucan kid wrote:
we got 3 winning lines.. and the Sedins

Twins had some great shifts, don't know what you're talking about.
Cheap shot about the nationality, and frankly a bit embarrassing. Alas, what critics?
Well, they ARE Swedish. And are playing like the stereotype. I don't think it was cheap. Or embarrassing.

As for the critics, they are everywhere. Don't you ever talk to non-Canuck fans? I still hear the "sister" comments on a regular basis. Even from some supposed Canuck fans. Just go on an opposing teams forum to see what I mean.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I just wish this franchise would show some killer instinct once before I die....

At least we have 2 more kicks at the can.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

^^^This^^^
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Wtf is wrong with the drinking water ? Some are already through the wind after one close game lost ? I expected that luck will shift around one time and Nashville was very lucky esp. on that 2:2 by Edler's arm. Nobody, even the Sedins played really bad, put that in perspective, i expect no one to be without mistakes and overall it was a good game. We're still in the seat.

Go Canucks Go, we're the better team and it'll pay out. (And i have no fear of any opponent in the next round, play it game by game and we get our chances.)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'