R2G3 - Canucks @ Preds- 6pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

What will the final score be in tonight's game?

Poll ended at Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 am

0-1
No votes
2-1
100%

Total votes: 3

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: R2G3 - Canucks @ Preds- 6pm - CBC, VS

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:If ANYone deserved 2 goals tonight, it was Kesler.
Yep, Kesler is a beast and is our best player at the moment, by a wide margin. I'm also VERY impressed with Chris Higgins, he's doing everything asked of him and then some.

The potential injury to Henrik Sedin is very worrisome. The twins haven't played well lately, in fact they're playing their worst hockey of the season, but losing Henrik would be a death blow to this team.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

One thing I noticed a few times last night was Rinne stopping a shot and holding onto it for a face-off - despite there not being any pressure on him. Last time I checked, that was a 2 minute minor, but I've lost all concept of what is and isn't a call these days.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Yep, Kesler is a beast and is our best player at the moment, by a wide margin. I'm also VERY impressed with Chris Higgins, he's doing everything asked of him and then some.

The potential injury to Henrik Sedin is very worrisome. The twins haven't played well lately, in fact they're playing their worst hockey of the season, but losing Henrik would be a death blow to this team.
I couldn't disagree more, is that what happened when Daniel went down? No, Last I looked this was a complete team with depth. Injuries are a part of it. If Henry goes down another will rise. Death Blow -heh That's what many predicted when we lost Manny.
Canuck fans can be so fickle some times... *shakes head*
Last edited by Arachnid on Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I'm also VERY impressed with Chris Higgins, he's doing everything asked of him and then some.
Total use him and lose him though.
Yeah... that's a little scary. Losing the nexus is more than a tad worrisome.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

If they're playing so worse how can it be a blow to the team anyway? :mrgreen:
No team should be screwed by missing one player if you have a real team going on.

Many predicted it when Kesler was drafted but in this playoffs it becomes evident, he's our true new #16+1 :towel:

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'