R1G6: Canucks @ Hawks - 4:30 - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R1G6: Canucks @ Hawks - 4:30 - CBC, VS

Post by Cornuck »

Well, for all of you that called "Canucks in 6" - this is your day!

At the end of the day, we'll either be letting out a huge sigh of relief or throwing up on the cat.

Some theories about what happened so far:

Most of the team got the flu after game 3.

Aquaman asked for a seven game series and would give the team under the table bonuses if they pulled it off.

The team really likes Schnieder and want to see him get a playoff start.

The regular season was so boring that they wanted to add some excitement.

They're drinking heavily before each game.

Whatever the reason, I'm sick of what I've seen the last 2 games. I'm still debating if I'm even going to watch this one - I think they need to earn this fan back.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: R1G6: Canucks @ Hawks - 4:30 - CBC, VS

Post by Arachnid »

There is not enough beer in the fridge today :? Still, really looking forward to the game....

Frohe Ostern everyone!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm putting a brave face on today. I'll watch the game with all the spirit I had in the others. I called Canucks in 6, but I didn't want to do it this way.

The Canucks need to pull this off. I can'm imagine life on Canucks Corner with Farhan complaining about the collapse for another year.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

OK, this made me laugh a little (LaL?!) as I admit I am a little wound up with 4 hours to go...worse day eva as a Canucklehead!

http://www.dirtydangle.com/2011/04/talk ... 8525290416
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Linden Is God wrote:I'm putting a brave face on today. I'll watch the game with all the spirit I had in the others. I called Canucks in 6, but I didn't want to do it this way.

The Canucks need to pull this off. I can'm imagine life on Canucks Corner with Farhan complaining about the collapse for another year.
:lol:

I'm glad that I've had such an impact on your life. :P.

To be perfectly honest however, regardless of what happens in this post-season, this is my last hockey season as a message board poster.....so you can be happy about that I guess.

I only comment on what I see. I don't think lack of talent has EVER been an issue for these guys since 2009. I truly believe that the Canucks were equipped, talent wise, to win the cups in both the 08/09 season and the 09/10 season. But you know what? None of that matters. I truly believe that if the Canucks win tonight in strong fashion, and both Luongo and the twins have strong games, then the Canucks will make a run to the cup and win it all. Mental fragility or not. On the flip side however - if we lose this series, I believe that this core will be gutted...as it should be. Whatever the case - we move forward.

And with that, I leave you with this: GO CANUCKS GO!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

OK, going to take the puppy out for a loooong walk on the beach...then open a IPA, then...continue to be a loyal fan that never gives up on his team...
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I can feel my blood pressure going up.... heart rate is now at a steady 94 as I sit here.....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Robert wrote:I can feel my blood pressure going up.... heart rate is now at a steady 94 as I sit here.....
95...Schofferhfer Hefeweizen beir! Unfiltered, uncompressed (free OTA HD 2m screen projector)...like the BlackFish will play tonight!
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Robert wrote:I can feel my blood pressure going up.... heart rate is now at a steady 94 as I sit here.....
Ditto.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Will that Demon that was Ryan Kesler 2010 show up tonight? If so this is in the bag....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Ditto.
Didn't you already quit the team?! :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

What a difference a game makes, good start!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I like what AV is doing here (see my coments re "live and die with your best"). If Bolland can play 20+mins/game vs the Sedins and keep them off the board (obviously not so far) then they deserve to win. The Sedins are all-world players, and if you give them the load I honestly believe they can carry this team.

AV has been able to roll the lines thus far, enough of that shit. Let's throw our best at them and finish the Hawks tonight.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I like what AV is doing here (see my coments re "live and die with your best"). If Bolland can play 20+mins/game vs the Sedins and keep them off the board (obviously not so far) then they deserve to win. The Sedins are all-world players, and if you give them the load I honestly believe they can carry this team.

AV has been able to roll the lines thus far, enough of that shit. Let's throw our best at them and finish the Hawks tonight.
Agree, remember Jerry 'The Shadow' Butler? If you can't elevate your game being shadowed you are a pretender...
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Arachnid wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Ditto.
Didn't you already quit the team?! :P
???

I didn't quit the team. All I said was that my days as a message board poster were coming to a close.

p.s.______WTF? Scott knocks down Burrows after the whistle and no penalty?