R1G4 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R1G4 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm - CBC, VS

Post by Cornuck »

Ok, enough talking about the Torres hit! You guys all sound like Rainman trying to figure out "Who's on First". :lol:

Is this end of the Hawks' season tonight? Will the Canucks get a long rest before Round 2? Will the Hawks go headhunting tonight in a sad, desperate attempt to redeem themselves?

The Fat Lady is singing, get out your brooms - let's get some revenge tonight!

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: R1G4 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm - CBC, VS

Post by the toucan kid »

I expect this one is over tonight. Going to be a long playoff run, so we need the extra rest while we can get it. Worth going the extra mile to stomp on their throat tonight.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Seabrook's out and Bolland's in.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=362859

Assuming it's his head, how could Seabrook return to the last game after being evaluated by the MDs?

That leaves a huge hole on the Hawks defense, especially if they replace him with Scott (WTF? Revenge?).
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

woodhog wrote:Seabrook's out and Bolland's in.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=362859

Assuming it's his head, how could Seabrook return to the last game after being evaluated by the MDs?
Another question is, how the hell could Q throw him back out there after getting rocked like that?!? Part of the problem of the NHL is right there. Q knows perfectly well how many times Seabrook has been clocked and it just happened on the last game of the season by Abdelkater. The old school, he just had his "bell rung" and go skate it off doesn't wash anymore.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:Ok, enough talking about the Torres hit! You guys all sound like Rainman trying to figure out "Who's on First". :lol:
I was reading Bob McKenzie's tweets the night it happened and he explained a lot. I'm not surprised with their judgment.

However, I am surprised that Bolland is playing. Safety first, but apparently he's been 'cleared' to play.

I want a 4-2 win. Go Canucks.

Brian and I will be at Boston Pizza on W. Broadway if anyone of you guys want to join us for the Canucks tweetup.

GO CANUCKS GO!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

originally I wanted this series to go 5 or 6 games, so the team wouldn't get soft waiting for the second round (remember the 11 day layoff after the St.Louis series?!?)..

after the 'we havn't exposed them for who they are' comments, I want to finish them tonight and take the Ducks, Kings or Preds as they come.

Screw Chicago. I am really starting to get a good hockey hate on for them.

sweep 'em.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I don't have a good feeling about this game. Too much talk about brooms and sweeps and fat ladies singing.

The only good thing is the players are saying the right things, but if they start thinking they're good and start getting fancy we could be in store for a let down.

And for future reference, talking about sweeps and brooms and fat ladies singing is NOT respecting the hockey gods. They have been smiling on us this year but historically they haven't been too nice to poor sufferin' canuck fans. It's all fun and games until you piss off the hockey gods and then it'll be another 40 years of doom and gloom.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dr.dork wrote:And for future reference, talking about sweeps and brooms and fat ladies singing is NOT respecting the hockey gods.
Valid point that I will remember for future GDT's. :oops:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dr.dork wrote:Too much talk about brooms and sweeps and fat ladies singing.
That is the best line ever Doc! lmfao. I have to use that.

...with all due respect to the hockey Gods...they have to give us a little leeway after 40 freakin' years. Have we not paid for our sins four fold?!? Show mercy!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

ClamRussel wrote: ...with all due respect to the hockey Gods...they have to give us a little leeway after 40 freakin' years. Have we not paid for our sins four fold?!? Show mercy!
I don't know about that. I just try to be a good boy. Pray lots, sacrifice chickens and throw virgins -- male or female, don't want to be politically incorrect-- off the Lions Gate bridge. You know, the usual stuff.

But I think this "don't we deserve it" depends on phrasing. I like your phrasing, but a more demanding "we have paid for our sins !" might get us right back in the doormat spot toot sweet.

Go Canucks Go
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Fug it .. Ghost of Rocket Richard.. hit em, beat em and sweep em . :)
Sing Kate Sing .. Get the brooms out .. Hockey gods like it :)

Goooooooo Canucks.....
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

End of first - Canucks getting outhit and outplayed.. Lou keeping them in it..and a PP ( bit lucky ) goal. AV going to have to give them " the talk " between periods..
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

end of second .. 5-1 Shithawks
Oooooopsssss dammm thought the Rocket was #1 Hockey God.. dammm swedes can't understand him swearing in french.. Should of called on Ingmar Johansen .. Canucks flat .. not hitting .. Bolland 4 .. Sedins 0 .. Hope they dig in and win the period.. game is gone :(
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

What the fuck was that?

All I saw was a piss poor effort like we were playing the Oilers in a mean nothing game.

The whole team took a night off and it was embarrassing.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Tiger .... Dork had some good advise and ... you ignored it? Flat out laughed at it? Bad Tiger. :cry: