GDT: Canucks @ Columbus - 2pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Columbus - 2pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Early start today against a team that's out of the playoff race. Schneider gets the start (his 20th). We've got a good record in C-Bus and are going for a franchise record 8 road wins in a row.

Say a prayer to the hockey gods for an injury free game.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Columbus - 2pm - Snet

Post by the toucan kid »

This is the exact kind of game that validates the impulse for schedule contraction.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:This is the exact kind of game that validates the impulse for schedule contraction.
How about the contraction of teams rather than games? Could easily contract by 4 or 6 teams. I don't want any less games though. Enjoy them too much.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

How about the contraction of teams rather than games? Could easily contract by 4 or 6 teams. I don't want any less games though. Enjoy them too much.
Well if one gets the other, sure. No, to be honest I don't enjoy a game like this enough to bother. Glad you do, just saying, it doesn't have the slightest interest to me. Then again, I've seen a lot of 'em (although there are guys on this board who have seen a lot more... so I'm not sure what to make of it really)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

And surprise, surprise... this game is boring as hell.

That's said... odd penalties from Kesler and Burrows, sign of boredom?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well another one bites the dust, again. According to AV Hamhuis suffered a concussion.

Here's hoping it's not too serious and he's back for the playoffs.

Another two points. We've pretty much locked up the West and the Presidents trophy. It's not going to matter too much if we keep losing bodies...

Either way, I think AV should be seriously considered for the Jack Adams. The guy has made the team a powerhouse while playing with some serious man-games lost to injury.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Horribly outplayed tonight but we manage a 4-1 win. It's nice not to need bounces to win games. Cory was great and was the only reason to watch that game.

We were rolling 4 lines pretty good, but it's nice to see the Sedins gets a point each.

Let's just finish out the season...
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I totally agree. We've played 39 guys this season, and only 2 were trades during the season. That is f*&king impressive.
Island Nucklehead wrote:Well another one bites the dust, again. According to AV Hamhuis suffered a concussion.

Here's hoping it's not too serious and he's back for the playoffs.

Another two points. We've pretty much locked up the West and the Presidents trophy. It's not going to matter too much if we keep losing bodies...

Either way, I think AV should be seriously considered for the Jack Adams. The guy has made the team a powerhouse while playing with some serious man-games lost to injury.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

ho hum.. team didn't deserve a win. Schneider did.. Hopefully the " concussion " is minor or we will be going into the playoffs without 2 key guys that got us there.. Manny and Hamhuis . I'd give back the 2 pts for an injury free Hamhuis.
Nice to see Higgins rewarded by a pair tonight .. rest of the game a yawner..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well another one bites the dust, again. According to AV Hamhuis suffered a concussion.
Second one in a year boys... we certainly ain't seeing him until the playoffs, and even then... Sigh a couple key pieces now. But still a chance with this one.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Well, with any luck, the concussion was very minor and he sat out solely because he'd had the previous one. We certainly have the luxury of sitting guys that are borderline. Let's hope that's the case.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

the toucan kid wrote:
Second one in a year boys... we certainly ain't seeing him until the playoffs, and even then... Sigh a couple key pieces now. But still a chance with this one.
kinda pessimistic Toucan.. just cause he got his bell rung is not the same as " gone for the year ", he went off under his own steam not on a stretcher or even needing help from a team mate.. Good chance he'll get an " all clear " in a few days though probably will be rested until the playoffs . I wonder if in this " modern " era we aren't making a mountain out of a molehill with the Doc of the opposing team making the concussion call.. I imagine Tiger Williams would have been diagnosed by todays standards as having maybe 50 of those , yet he retired from hockey with all his marbles in place and is now running a very successful business. Every boxer that ever went into the ring .. same thing and very few had permanent damage..

of course I am glad they are taking a more cautious approach now and hope Hamhuis makes a fast and full recovery ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

kinda pessimistic Toucan.. just cause he got his bell rung is not the same as " gone for the year ", he went off under his own steam not on a stretcher or even needing help from a team mate.. Good chance he'll get an " all clear " in a few days though probably will be rested until the playoffs . I wonder if in this " modern " era we aren't making a mountain out of a molehill with the Doc of the opposing team making the concussion call.. I imagine Tiger Williams would have been diagnosed by todays standards as having maybe 50 of those , yet he retired from hockey with all his marbles in place and is now running a very successful business. Every boxer that ever went into the ring .. same thing and very few had permanent damage..
Concussion is concussion, bell wrung is a dinosaur word and two in one year is not good at all. This is the medical community coming out with this, so your old folksy Tiger Williams reference doesn't carry any weight. That said, all I basically said was why would he play at all in the rest of the season, and two in one year is concerning going forward.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Puck wrote:Well, with any luck, the concussion was very minor and he sat out solely because he'd had the previous one. We certainly have the luxury of sitting guys that are borderline. Let's hope that's the case.
Pretty much this.

It certainly didn't look good when he went down. He was motionless for a while, and the way his head snapped off the ice, yikes. There's no way of telling how bad the (or any) concussion is. Crosby was knocked senseless, came back and played, and was re-injured on a hit that didn't even require medical attention. He's been out months...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hamhuis
Samuelson
Glass
Rypien
Malhotra
Alberts
Edler

How many other teams could survive this? Gillis is either psychic or dabbles in the black arts. We've got so much depth that it's amazing we're still in first place. We've also stayed under the cap and haven't lost anyone to waivers. It also says a lot about AV and his control of the team, as well as the team chemistry itself.

This team deserves everything it has achieved this year. Anyone that says our success is due to being in the worst division can go screw themselves.

How can you not believe in this team? We're top 1 or 2 in every major category. We're even number 1 in most players used! Our road record is as good as our home record.

This is an amazing team.