GDT: Canucks @ Atlanta - 4:30 - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Atlanta - 4:30 - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Hey- where's Farhan? Isn't this supposed to be the 'revenge' game?

Hopefully it's just another injury free 2 points.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Atlanta - 4:30 - Snet

Post by Island Nucklehead »

So the league's best team rolls into town on a Friday night... and the lower bowl is half empty. How can Bettman say this franchise is viable? How can Aquaman agree with giving these guys his money? What a joke Atlanta is. Professional lacrosse draws more fans.

On the flip side it would be great to play there for millions of bucks. Hit up the local Safeway in your Escalade and have everyone think you're a fit banker, or in the case of Dustin Byfuglien, a successful used car salesman.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

These guys look like they have the cruise control set @ 110 klicks. Playing another desperate team and holding them off without much trouble. 2 - 0 after 2. Nice to see Raymond get one. Also nice to see that they're not relying on the Sedins.
Great to see Lou getting into playoff form.

What's with the Refs?? Once again, no consistancy.

Sure do like the play of Evander Kane. Very impressive young player.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Is it just me or do the refs put their whistle in their pocket when someone hooks or slashes a Canuck player. I'm starting to really notice a pattern here. I'd be willing to bet that was the complaint that AV and RB had with them tonight.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Canuck-One wrote:Is it just me or do the refs put their whistle in their pocket when someone hooks or slashes a Canuck player. I'm starting to really notice a pattern here. I'd be willing to bet that was the complaint that AV and RB had with them tonight.
I think that it's more a case of refs not calling stuff when the team is winning. In Bettman's league, the losing team gets more power plays late in the game.

Still, Luongo is looking really good right now. I don't know if there's a goalie that can beat him in a 7 game series.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Cornuck wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:Is it just me or do the refs put their whistle in their pocket when someone hooks or slashes a Canuck player. I'm starting to really notice a pattern here. I'd be willing to bet that was the complaint that AV and RB had with them tonight.
I think that it's more a case of refs not calling stuff when the team is winning. In Bettman's league, the losing team gets more power plays late in the game.

Still, Luongo is looking really good right now. I don't know if there's a goalie that can beat him in a 7 game series.
Tony Gallagher's "conspiracy" theory just might be right.. No way could both ref's of missed seeing the Thrashers 3 or 4 obvious slashes and hooks . All in an attempt to keep bettmans expansion into non hockey markets alive by slanting the ice ? Dunno but the reffing was terribly one sided tonight and the Canucks PP was kept off the ice.. Maybe they don't want 2 swedes from Canada winning the scoring titles ? Glad that Luongo had a great game and put an end to the Thrashes chance at a playoff spot.. TAKE THAT BETTMAN AND SHOVE IT WERE THE SUN DONT SHINE :lol:
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice