GDT: Canucks @ Dallas - 5:30 - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Dallas - 5:30 - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Ok, the break is over and the team needs to start gearing up for playoff hockey. As was mentioned in another thread, it's great that the kids can get called up and not cost us. Tonight, we get the best prospect the Canucks have had in years to come up and show us what he's got. It looks like he'll be centering the 4th line.

Hodgson is the storyline tonight.

Next 3 games:
Wed Feb 2, 2011--@ PHOENIX 6:30 PM PT
Fri Feb 4, 2011----CHICAGO 7:00 PM PT
Mon Feb 7, 2011--OTTAWA 7:00 PM PT

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Dallas - 5:30 - Snet

Post by dr.dork »

Go Hodgson Go

The kid probably deserves a break and I hope he has a good game. On the other hand, life isn't fair and he is just coming off an injury. Plus Dallas is without a doubt going to be up for this one after the 7-1 shellacking we handed them.

My prediction: it will be closer than 7-1. (Not willing to tread outward on any thin limbs).
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

dr.dork wrote:Go Hodgson Go

The kid probably deserves a break and I hope he has a good game. On the other hand, life isn't fair and he is just coming off an injury. Plus Dallas is without a doubt going to be up for this one after the 7-1 shellacking we handed them.

My prediction: it will be closer than 7-1. (Not willing to tread outward on any thin limbs).

hmm coward !! .. ok I am not a Hodgson fan .. doubt he will have any impact this game.. Edler being out of the line up will.
Dallas at home and wanting revenge... ? Against a Canucks team still trying to adjust their D ?
Dallas over Vancouver .. 4 - 3 ( I hope I am wrong )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I think that Hodgson is a victim of hype. It's been a long wait and I think that anything less than a goal or two will disappoint the fans that have bought into the hype and expect to see him dominate.

I hope the kid does well, builds some confidence and starts preparing for a great rookie campaign next year. If he can contribute, and stick with the team (although his salary could prevent that) - great - but it's next year for him.

He'll be good one day and could anchor the 2nd line in the next year or two.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Cornuck wrote: It's been a long wait and I think that anything less than a goal or two will disappoint the fans that have bought into the hype and expect to see him dominate.
It'll be tough from the 4th line ... but he's expected to get some PP time ... so, maybe he'll get one. I hope so, for his sake.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yep - but with luck, AV will juggle lines and give him some linemates to work with.

Edit: At least Hodgson won't have to worry about the crowd tonight. :shock:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

hmmm its great to be dead wrong :) Lehtonen did not look good !! Hodgson had a decent game.. gave out a couple hits and got 2 shots on goal with less than 10 min ice time.. The only knock on him was poor performance ( 2 out of 9 faceoff wins ) in the circle.. Maybe just nerves? Good game for Kesler line and the D..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Crow is going to need a new dye job and new hair implants really soon now. If the Canucks (now 3-0 vs Dallas) go 4-0, Crows blood pressure is going to go skyward. (Dallas is a good team in a tougher division than YVR, but the 'nucks have their number so far this year).