GDT: Canucks @ Stars - 5pm Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Canucks @ Stars - 5pm Snet

Postby Cornuck » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 am

With 2010 being pretty good to the Canucks, here's a last kick at the can. With a road record of 9-5-3, these away games don't scare me as much as they did last year.

The Canucks are hot, the Sedins are hot and another win is pretty expected these days. But Dallas is one point behind us (we have 3 games in hand) and 5-3-2 in their last 10. This won't be an easy one.

Will we see Raycroft in net tonight? I'm glad the Canucks were able to give his career the boost he needed, but I think that he should pay us back tonight. Cory is in net for us tonight.

Next 3 games:
Friday, Dec 31 @ Dallas 8:00 PM ET
Sunday, Jan 2 @ Colorado 8:00 PM ET
Monday, Jan 3 @ San Jose 10:30 PM ET

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Stars - 5pm Snet

Postby the toucan kid » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 pm

Hmm this is such an uneventful year it's tough to get up for games. We all knew how good this team was and that the regular season would be a bit of a formality, but there's so little surprise in this. Tambellini is about the only interesting thing going on, what a bargain if he finally fulfills his potential in our jersey. Still is there anyone playing other than we expected? Kesler might be better than expected, Bieksa was coming off a year where he couldn't be worse, so I expected him to be better, and I guess the only real drop-off in my preseason frenzy of hope is that it doesn't look like Luongo will ever get back to be a top 3 goalie in the league. We can still win with him, but I hope if we run up against a Detroit they don't just take the flaws in his game and rip him apart.

This is what I have to think about I guess. Other than giving more games to Schneider, seeing how much impact Salo will have, and hoping that Tambi keeps on coming and we don't get too banged, these games are a bit boring.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby Bret H » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Two quick goals! 2-0 end of first. This one looks like it's in the books 8-) Sorry if I jinx it but I need that attitude to allow myself to go to bed now... it's 3 am in Sweden.

Happy New Year everybody!!
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:56 am

Unreal....if they keep their shape 2011 will be the YEAR..... Go CANUCKS GOOOOOOOOO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby nucklehead_88 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 pm

the toucan kid wrote:Hmm this is such an uneventful year it's tough to get up for games. We all knew how good this team was and that the regular season would be a bit of a formality, but there's so little surprise in this. Tambellini is about the only interesting thing going on, what a bargain if he finally fulfills his potential in our jersey. Still is there anyone playing other than we expected? Kesler might be better than expected, Bieksa was coming off a year where he couldn't be worse, so I expected him to be better, and I guess the only real drop-off in my preseason frenzy of hope is that it doesn't look like Luongo will ever get back to be a top 3 goalie in the league. We can still win with him, but I hope if we run up against a Detroit they don't just take the flaws in his game and rip him apart.

This is what I have to think about I guess. Other than giving more games to Schneider, seeing how much impact Salo will have, and hoping that Tambi keeps on coming and we don't get too banged, these games are a bit boring.

we are tearing the league apart one piece at a time, and this is your assesment? it's boring cuz we have two players in the top 5 for points, Kesler plainglike a madman, and Bieksa returning to form? it must suck being that depressed
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby the toucan kid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:47 pm

we are tearing the league apart one piece at a time, and this is your assesment? it's boring cuz we have two players in the top 5 for points, Kesler plainglike a madman, and Bieksa returning to form? it must suck being that depressed

Yeah like I said, this is just a big long formality until the playoffs. Maybe I've just seen too many games to care about just another one when you already know what type of team you have.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby dr.dork » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:59 pm

the toucan kid wrote:
Yeah like I said, this is just a big long formality until the playoffs. Maybe I've just seen too many games to care about just another one when you already know what type of team you have.

Ho hum, it does get a LITTLE boring when you know your team is going to win almost every game. And Luongo has been playing better on a consistent basis, but yes, the proof is in the pudding (playoffs) for Lou and the whole team.

But this is one of the few years in a LONG time (maybe ever) that at this time of year every team if afraid to face the canucks now or in the playoffs. If we go into the playoffs healthy it might have a happy ending or at least a deep run.

AND for those calling Touc a pessimist, he is calling for the canucks to win it all this year.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Return to Game Day Forum