GDT: Sharks @ Orcas -- 7:00 PM TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Sharks @ Orcas -- 7:00 PM TSN

Postby dr.dork » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 pm

The Sharks have one win in their last 4 and our Canucks have a well documented and much fretted over one win in their last 5. Can't say either of these teams are exactly hot, but at least San Jose beat Chicago. Both teams are probably underachieving with Vancouver having 25 points in 21 games (in a weakling division) and San Jose having 24 points in 20 games (in a strong division).

Previews:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2010112622
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm ... L|VAN|home

Go Canucks Go
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Sharks @ Orcas -- 7:00 PM TSN

Postby woodhog » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:19 pm

The Canucks and Sharks have very similar stats thus far and seem to be in comparable places as teams. This should be a good test for both.
Canucks have only won 2 of the last 12 games against the Sharks. Both teams are coming off wins after a few losses.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Robert » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:27 pm

2 of the last 12.. it sure would be nice to get that psycological monkey off our backs eh?

Maybe now being third game back they'll be a bit more inclined to bear down and give it some "try"
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby the toucan kid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 pm

I just saw the "Avs vs. the ave nots" ... pretty good doc. :lol:

We suck against the Sharks, I would run Schneider out see if it gives the club a jolt or something.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby dr.dork » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:55 pm

the toucan kid wrote:We suck against the Sharks, I would run Schneider out see if it gives the club a jolt or something.

They have owned us for a LONG time. But I am 1-0-0-0 in GDTs this year so that has to count for something.

Hopefully it will be an exciting game. Neither team played last night so they should both be reasonably rested. Niemi is coming off a big win against the 'hawks.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:57 pm

dr.dork wrote:They have owned us for a LONG time. But I am 1-0-0-0 in GDTs this year so that has to count for something.

You're hired! :D
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby woodhog » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Not sure why there's been so much line juggling by AV so far tonight. Seems to be working though. So far.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby woodhog » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, it's amazing what a few games can do to change the way a team responds. A really good team effort tonight.
The role players had an especially good night. Hansen, Glass and Torres had some good jump.
Probably one of Luongos best games so far this year.
Nice to see Ballard get one, finally. What a great hip check by Hamhuis! Toucan (among others) will be happy to see no retaliation for the HUGE hit.
Now the coaches will have to try to keep things fresh for 5 days until they hit the road again.
Nice to see them have a strong game against a team that has given them a lot of trouble over the past few years. Now they only have to replicate that effort when they visit Chi-town next week and the band-wagon will be overflowing again.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dr.dork » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Cornuck wrote:
dr.dork wrote:They have owned us for a LONG time. But I am 1-0-0-0 in GDTs this year so that has to count for something.

You're hired! :D

I'll fire myself when I lose one but I'm on a hot streak, baby ! 2-0-0-0. Although LB banished herself from GM place so the credit for the win might go to her.

Random notes:

- good effort by the Canucks.
- good effort by Niemi (Samuelsson's first was iffy but other than that he did his job by keeping them in it in the 1st).
- good effort by Thornton (at times) but the Sharks are looking completely lost. I have never seen them so bad in years.
- Luongo played better.

Something is wrong when you lose 6-1 and your goalie was probably (your) best player.

I don't like TSN coverage as a rule, but it was good of Ferraro/TSN to show the other angle (on Samuelsson's second goal) where Boyle was obviously passing it to Thornton who was cutting in to the middle but then Thornton changed his mind and cut back towards the boards. Not a brilliant play by Boyle, but one angle made him look like a complete moron and the other angle it was clearer where he was going.

Next up: Wednesday in Calgary and then payback time in Chicago on Friday.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby nucklehead_88 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:32 pm

I havent got to say this really yet this season, but man what a hell of a good effort from the boys last night. sounds in every sense of the game. no penalties to complain about, an epic hit :D (with no retaliation...good to see), goals galore, Sammuelsson with a couple snipers, Tambi getting another good one, Ballard playng the way we know he can, Luongo being verrrrry sound. Only downside? Heatley scored. Anyone else but him....I've hated that punk since he killed Danny Snyder.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Cookie La Rue » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 pm

My last night in Van, watching in my favourite bar and 6 "hockey beers" added. What a nice ending of the trip.

Go Canucks Go.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Return to Game Day Forum