GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 7:30 SnetP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 7:30 SnetP

Post by Cornuck »

Our first rematch of the year. After a good effort to start the season came up with nothing, it will be interesting to see how the team responds in Round 2 against LA.

The team has had a great schedule so far, and should be ready for the Kings. NO excuses, just get the 2 points.

NHL.com Preview

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 7:30 SnetP

Post by woodhog »

We didn't really come up with nothing in the first game. We got one point out of it.
We're going to have to come out firing on all cylinders for a full 60 minutes to beat a strong young L.A. squad.

Apparently Luongo is in again ... what happened to giving Schneider a bunch of games (20 - 25 according to MG)? I guess they're giving Lou a chance to get in the groove after missing the latter part of the preseason. Next week there's a back to back on the road. Surely Cory will get into one of those.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Sloppy D, bad penalties, and a crowd in LA that looks drugged on downers. So far, bleah.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Goals, boys, Goals!

And someone tell Cornuck to change his avatar back! I can't recognize him.

It's odd we normally rip them for listlessness, but that isn't it this year, they just can't score. Odd. Frankly, it's probably a matter of luck... and maybe being one forward short. I hope I'm wrong.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:And someone tell Cornuck to change his avatar back! I can't recognize him.
Changed - the new one was very unlucky. We'll see some wins now. Sorry, guys.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote: they just can't score. Odd. Frankly, it's probably a matter of luck... and maybe being one forward short. I hope I'm wrong.
If the scoring woes are a matter of being one forward short, these guys will be in big trouble this season. I think it's just a matter of needing time to gel as a team and maybe also some of the usual October bad luck.

Not that it'll make any difference, but I think it's time to give Schneider a start.

Losing Ballard isn't going to help the cause.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I'm sorry but BXA just isn't a good defenceman. He's just frustrating to watch...
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

I'm sorry but BXA just isn't a good defenceman. He's just frustrating to watch...

Agree and Schaeffer is doing his usual .a Floater who never gets down and dirty.. Willie looks good - unfortunately for LA.. I am still scratching my head why Bieksa is still around .. and we passed on Willie.. same with Morrison and Schaeffer.. BMo just might have added to Canucks offence.. Until Burrows returns I could see a line with Bmo centering Kesler ( move him to wing ) and maybe Torres ?

2 decisions of MG's I didn't like.. not trading away Bieksa and signing Peter ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

2 decisions of MG's I didn't like.. not trading away Bieksa and signing Peter ..
Jeez the Schaeffer thing is pretty minor. He'll be right out the door by the end of next week if he doesn't get better. As for Bieksa, it's impossible to say if it was him over Mitchell, and for that matter, if he could have been traded with his ticket. You would think Edmonton could trade Souray too, but they can't, for example.
dondo
AHL Prospect

Post by dondo »

woodhog wrote:...
Apparently Luongo is in again ... what happened to giving Schneider a bunch of games (20 - 25 according to MG)?
This is a divisive issue, because MG has said that publicly and to be honest its the way to go -- let Lu play 60ish games and give Schneider the rest, its the only way to develop the tender to make him if not a gamer at least marketable, because he is rapidly losing trade value with each passing year (Corey should have been back-up last season to be brutally honest). Lu wants to play 70+, but shouldn't if he wants to be fresh for the playoffs.

The problem is that AV is not of the same mind and actually being quite stubborn about the situation and could easily over-play Lu. To be honest I think AV's time with the Canuckleheads is done, he seems to be making decisions out of pettiness and stubbornness, rather than out of team need.

This game was the perfect chance to give Schneider his first start -- on the road, after a poor outing by Lu... now they really need to start Schneider at home versus the Hurricanes tonight, but I suspect Lu will go back in
Nucks fan for years a huge fan of that other vancouver hockey squad http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/