GDT: Panthers @ Canucks - 7pm - SnetP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Panthers @ Canucks - 7pm - SnetP

Post by Cornuck »

Our favourite trading partner comes to town tonight. It's the only time we play them, so it's good to get it out of the way. Bernier's started the season with two assists. Will Hordichuk come looking for our enforcer?

I think if we play like we did against LA (but score more), we'll be in fine shape against Florida.

Edit: Jeff Tambellini slots into the centre while Alex Bolduc waits for an MRI.

Canucks Game Notes

NHL.com Preview

The game is being streamed live on Yahoo - good feed.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Panthers @ Canucks - 7pm - SnetP

Post by Linden Is God »

Looking forward to this. I didn't really get a chance to watch Saturday's game. Just caught the OT. Should be a gimme game, yet you never know. Are the Panthers going to be too tired from last night's game or jacked up from last night's loss?

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We won't lose many games this year if we play like we did against the Kings. I'm not worried in the least.

Although my impression so far is that Samuellson isn't the same player, hopefully Raymond will be able to score 30 this year, because we might need some goals. Especially if Burrows doesn't slot back with the Twins, where he actually produces... the only spot really.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:Although my impression so far is that Samuellson isn't the same player, hopefully Raymond will be able to score 30 this year, because we might need some goals. Especially if Burrows doesn't slot back with the Twins, where he actually produces... the only spot really.
That's been a huge hole these last few years. We haven't had a true goal scorer / sniper since Naslund had his wrist shot. We get so many goals from the nice plays, but we don't have anyone to get excited about when they're coming down the wing and wind up. Samuelson was that player in the playoffs, but for the rest of season?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

This is one of those games that the Canucks should win "on paper". They've been known to sh!t the bed in some of these "easy" games. We need the big line to come up big. I agree that Samuelsson hasn't looked great so far. You'd think that he'd be going all out to try and stay on the #1 line once Burr gets healthy. Maybe he just needs a few games to get going. If Lou plays like he did against the Kings, we shouldn't have much of a problem.
Gotta stop taking the dumb, useless penalties. Will anyone take on Hordi?
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Guessing no one watched any of the Panthers game last night against the Oilers but they took it too them. Hopefully they are tired and ya this should be a canucks win. But just saying. Nothing in this league is a gimme anymore. They have a goalie that can steal games and a couple of very decent shooters.

Canucks should pick up their first win in regulation. Look for Hordi to try and get the canucks off their games with all his talk. Figure it gets a bit heated between him and a couple canucks during the game. As wood hog said, just stay out of the box.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

woodhog wrote: We need the big line to come up big.
If Lou plays like he did against the Kings, we shouldn't have much of a problem.
Check and check.
We win.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

:rockin:
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Luongo was great in this one.

We're really missing Burrows. Balanced scoring is escaping this team....
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I'd like to say that Daniel got pretty dirty on that last goal. Lookin good. Just clearing the cobwebs and jibing with linemates.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

LotusBlossom wrote:I'd like to say that Daniel got pretty dirty on that last goal. Lookin good. Just clearing the cobwebs and jibing with linemates.
Agreed.... now if only his teammates would take note and follow suite. Guys are trying to be WAY too pretty out there. WTF was Hansen thinking.....clear shooting lane in the slot and passes to an already checked Raymond. Seems they want every play to be a highlite reel passing extravaganza. Sometimes the easiest solution is the path to take and that involves getting the puck on the net! Hansen needs to wake up if he wants to be a top 9 player, he's got the wheels now he needs to show he has the smarts.

Lu looking on the ball big time!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ClamRussel wrote: Sometimes the easiest solution is the path to take and that involves getting the puck on the net! Hansen needs to wake up if he wants to be a top 9 player, he's got the wheels now he needs to show he has the smarts.

Lu looking on the ball big time!
Excellent point Clam!

This team will NOT, repeat, will NOT go far in the playoffs until it learns to play with that exact mentality. Dirty, greasy, ugly goals will win us games.... and win us series'.

Yet, I take it as a positive that Daniel is ALREADY playing that way. Those are the kind of goals we need to score in the playoffs. And if the Sedins keep scoring those kind of goals, I have every reason to think that the rest of the team will follow suit.

The Sedins are here to play, ladies and gents... let's see if the rest of the team is up to the task.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Excellent point Clam!

This team will NOT, repeat, will NOT go far in the playoffs until it learns to play with that exact mentality. Dirty, greasy, ugly goals will win us games.... and win us series'.

Yet, I take it as a positive that Daniel is ALREADY playing that way. Those are the kind of goals we need to score in the playoffs. And if the Sedins keep scoring those kind of goals, I have every reason to think that the rest of the team will follow suit.

The Sedins are here to play, ladies and gents... let's see if the rest of the team is up to the task.
Okay yes, that's all true, but perhaps a little too early to talk about what will and won't win us games in the playoffs. Guys like Kesler and Burrows, and actually Hansen, have always been willing to take it to the net. It's just early yet. Just because the season has started doesn't mean a team is actually going to be in a groove for the first ten games.