GDT: R2G6 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: R2G6 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

Postby Robert » Tue May 11, 2010 7:49 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:
Robert wrote:Game over.

thanks B

Last I looked a game was 60 minutes long not 35.

That's true, so it just gives chicago more time to score more goals. Our D is just to stretched right now.

It was a good effort however.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Like Simpson has said, why didn't Vigneault dress seven D? lol
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Robert » Tue May 11, 2010 8:05 pm

He should have yes... they're still working very hard, but unfortunately chicago doesn't seem happy with the two nuthing lead.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby rockalt » Tue May 11, 2010 8:09 pm

That's all she wrote. Demitra gives up his 20th giveaway of the game. What a brutal decision. And Bolland of all people seals it. Can't stand that guy.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Postby the toucan kid » Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm

The final kick in the pants.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby Robert » Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

You gotta be fucking kidding me.. sopel with an empty net save?????

the writing is on the wall...
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Cornuck » Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 pm

The only thing keeping me from severe depression is the fact that we've been a great 3rd period team all year.

We're trying 'too' hard now, but with luck we'll get an ugly goal or two early. But we need to settle down a little.

Wellwood - damn! He's looking good taking it in.

If our D survive this game it will be a freakin' miracle.

Edit: Best reffing of the playoffs so far.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Yep and on the wall is written that Chicago is the better team and fully deserve to win this series. So at least there will be no complaints or mourning from my part. It's not that we're not trying but that's not enough...no no no, damn another year winding up in smoke...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Lancer » Tue May 11, 2010 9:16 pm

The Canucks just didn't have a deep-enough D and, over the series, not enough maturity and composure to deal with the Hawks. Lose Mitchell... alright the guys can survive it. Lose Salo... yeesh. Lose Edler.... sorry but only divine intervention will save them no matter what Luongo does. Bieksa did his best but was likely overworked.

Either the Sedins have to refine their tactics because Chicago kept the middle slot blocked so they couldn't either walk out of the corner or feed that pass from the corner. If they fed the point, the D couldn't get the pucks through. In the end, that was it. Credit Chicago for solving the Sedins there.

Our 3rd line was better than our 2nd line. Raymond tried, but has to work on being stronger on the puck and taking it to the net. Kesler HAS to be injured. He was weaker on the puck than I've ever seen him. No strength to his puck- and stick-handling. Then it didn't matter who was on the other wing. Samuelsson never found any soft spots to shoot and when he did, the situation was so shoddy you just wondered why.

Luongo did much better than this time last year, but the team left him out to dry tonight. He either becomes a god that some people think he is, or he does what he did tonight. He wasn't the problem - especially in the 1st - but he wasn't really part of the solution.

In the end the team that played better won. When the guys look back on it, they will realize that they beat themselves in games 2 through 4. Chicago has a very good team, but the guys could have beat them I have no doubt and injuries notwithstanding had the team to do it. They just shot themselves in the foot and Chicago barely had to try.

F*CK me, but this hurts. I'll save everything else for another thread.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Tue May 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks Lancer for summing up what I thought, and more eloquently than I would tonight.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue May 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Cornuck wrote:Thanks Lancer for summing up what I thought, and more eloquently than I would tonight.

Pretty much my thoughts exaclty. Better team won. Couldn't blame the refs (with Bettman in the house :lol:).

IMO the Canucks need to find a way to merge the team from 06-07 and 09-10. I didn't see any concerted effort to block shots, make hits, "grease-it-up", that is so required in playoff hockey. Luongo was good, not spectacular, as were the Sedins. The Wellwood line became our second (and finally Best) line, but couldn't score second-line (let alone first line) goals. We'd go toe-to-toe, but the forwards couldn't score when they needed.

Kesler and Burrows didn't exist in this series. Complete non-factors. Hope they're hurt, but they were useless. This is what bugs me the most. These guys are our Grinders? You need grinders in the role that Demitra, Wellwood, Johnson and Rypien played. I want big-bodied assholes to smash and bang... I don't want a second-rate scoring line that MIGHT step up (tease us) and make us think we have a shot.

VALIANT EFFORT BY SAMI SALO. Obviously hurt. Obviously key to our D. Obviously too important to our D. Our defensive transformation will not be complete until both Mitchell and Salo are gone. YES, we could've used them both this series.... but going forward we need something more durable and salary-capable.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum