GDT: R2G3 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: R2G3 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

Postby the toucan kid » Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 pm

That can't count. That is clear as day a goaltender being forced into his own net. It won't make a smidgeon of difference, but that's junk. All you ref watchers, can't count me in on this one, SOME sanctity of the crease is a must.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby DonCherry4PM » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm

What a galliant effort by the boys in blue.

No emotion. No toughness. No skill. No hustle. No luck.

Not exactly happy with the coaching either - but really right now that is the least of our worries.....
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby Sid Dithers » Wed May 05, 2010 9:06 pm

No doubt about it, the Hawks are pushing the envelope and are now getting away with a LOT.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:31 pm

rockalt wrote:*Sigh*

I wish it wasn't this predictable. Terrible game from the Canucks.

Really? Seriously? Except for the Clamhockey what are you talking about?

The hawks defense was exposed huge tonight... the Canucks outplayed them most of the night, energy, puck control, almost every fashion but lost in puck luck, and Luo missed getting a whistle twice... (glove too big?)

Even at four to two, five to two Canucks were playing very hard.. you have to give them a shit load of credit for playing hard till the end. I'm liking their chances next game... puck luck like that wont last two games in a row.

Lets see, if three of those amazing chances goes in in the first then is it still a "terrible game by Canucks"?? They had good battle tonight, but sometimes it just doesn't go in for you.. but to then call it a terrible game is not very appropriate. but, I guess it's pc...
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:32 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:What a galliant effort by the boys in blue.

No emotion. No toughness. No skill. No hustle. \

lol
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:34 pm

I've seen games where we've won and fans called it a great game.. even though we sucked got outplayed but somehow outscored the opposition... I give up.

Chicago was no big deal tonight. Pussies.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Cornuck » Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 pm

For a while there, I thought we had it.

Then we caved. We gave up. We just shot it in and let our 4th line have the best chances.

The better goalie won - and that has to end.

C'MON - KICK SOME HAWK ASS@!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ClamRussel » Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Sid Dithers wrote:
Robert wrote:Well Clam gets his wish. :?

Yep. That's the way to win games, huh?

Sid Dithers wrote:
God this after the whistle stuff is so bush league.

Don't tell Clam that...he thinks the road to the Stanley Cup is paved with facewashes and whacks to legs. ;)

Are you guys really that thick? Don't even pretend to imply that this behaviour was what I was talking about.

O' Brien did EXACTLY what I was talking about by pounding Byfuglien when he crashed the net, O' Brien gave him everything he could and Byfuglien ended up taking a penalty out of it. THAT is what I wanted not all the cheap crap that this game was littered with. You probably think O' Brien should send Byfuglien flowers so there's no hard feelings. At least SOB cares and is leaving it all on the ice.

Robert wrote:Really? Seriously? Except for the Clamhockey what are you talking about?

You trying to be an asshole Robert?
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby Ridleyfan » Wed May 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Luongo's glove hand has got to be injured. NOBODY catches the puck that poorly at the NHL level.

The Hawks did only what was made clear they were allowed to do. The Canucks didn't suck, but they don't have a Byfuglien equivalent, and it shows.

Daniel is TOUGH.
The Leafs: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:56 pm

ClamRussel wrote:
Robert wrote:Really? Seriously? Except for the Clamhockey what are you talking about?

The Canucks got caught up in what you wanted. After the whistle toughness. It cost them. If I point that out makes me an asshole, then yes I'm an asshole.

It cost them the game, BUT, not as much as just some bad puck luck, which happens.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Robert is an asshole, it's the playoffs and he don't care. 8-)

We'll get 'em next time and I'll buy you's all a beer.. or a gin.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm

ClamRussel wrote:
O' Brien did EXACTLY what I was talking about by pounding Byfuglien when he crashed the net, O' Brien gave him everything he could and Byfuglien ended up taking a penalty out of it.

The score was what at that point? The refs manage the game... at that point it would go no other way. I would bet you my house By-fugly-lein gets no call in the first.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby Soapy » Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

the toucan kid wrote:That can't count. That is clear as day a goaltender being forced into his own net. It won't make a smidgeon of difference, but that's junk. All you ref watchers, can't count me in on this one, SOME sanctity of the crease is a must.

'They don't ref the game by the rules.....they 'manage' the game'....Tony G 1040 today
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Postby DonCherry4PM » Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 pm

The hawks defense was exposed huge tonight... the Canucks outplayed them most of the night, energy, puck control, almost every fashion but lost in puck luck, and Luo missed getting a whistle twice... (glove too big?)

Even at four to two, five to two Canucks were playing very hard.. you have to give them a shit load of credit for playing hard till the end. I'm liking their chances next game... puck luck like that wont last two games in a row.

Lets see, if three of those amazing chances goes in in the first then is it still a "terrible game by Canucks"?? They had good battle tonight, but sometimes it just doesn't go in for you.. but to then call it a terrible game is not very appropriate. but, I guess it's pc...

Are you kidding me? Are you really AV dressed in Robert clothing? Is that bra on your avatar getting in your sight lines? Did you watch the same game I did? Apparently, not... I saw 15 minutes to 20 minutes of sustained good hockey. To be sure there were moments when their play was very good, but many more where it wasn't. Domination by the other team for the preponderance of the game does not amount to bad puck luck no matter how you stretch it. And five minutes here and five minutes there of "playing very hard" does not a game make. But hey if calling a spade a spade is pc, hell yeah, count me in that politically correct circle.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby ClamRussel » Wed May 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Robert wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

The Canucks got caught up in what you wanted. After the whistle toughness. It cost them. If I point that out makes me an asshole, then yes I'm an asshole.

It cost them the game, BUT, not as much as just some bad puck luck, which happens.

If you say so Robert, keep it up then! Perhaps you're just being confrontational out of boredom but please quit putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting "what I wanted." I said nothing about what you call "after the whistle toughness", I said they were being doormats and they needed to man up. How does that equate to what Burrows did? There is no connect, you're just twisting what I said and using the stupidity that went on tonight to prove your point. I made it very clear they had to maintain their cool but not be pussies about it. HUGE difference between that and what you seem to think I "wanted".

Robert wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:O' Brien did EXACTLY what I was talking about by pounding Byfuglien when he crashed the net, O' Brien gave him everything he could and Byfuglien ended up taking a penalty out of it.

The score was what at that point? The refs manage the game... at that point it would go no other way. I would bet you my house By-fugly-lein gets no call in the first.

Wrong. Score was 3-2.
When can I collect your house? 8-)
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum